The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9280
Original post by Psychotic546
£40k you sure?

£40 Million :p:
Reply 9281
lots of the mornings newspapers seem to think wenger will splash the cash......PLEEEEEEEEEEASE FOR ONCE BE RIGHT NEWSPAPERS
Seeing as Pat Rice is leaving at the end of the season, Ray Wilkins for the number 2 ?
Stay on your feet
Original post by Hantheman
Stay on your feet

Original post by WildBerry
Seeing as Pat Rice is leaving at the end of the season, Ray Wilkins for the number 2 ?

Original post by jit987
£40 Million :p:

Original post by ali242
lots of the mornings newspapers seem to think wenger will splash the cash......PLEEEEEEEEEEASE FOR ONCE BE RIGHT NEWSPAPERS

Taiwo apparently agreed deal with Milan.
He's a FREE player that Wenger let pass by again.

Would have been good at left back.

You know what would be really interesting.If Pirlo joined Arsenal somehow.He's going to be free at the end of the season and someone with his experience will surely be valuable even if he only plays 20 games or so.
Reply 9285
Original post by Theconomist
You know what would be really interesting.If Pirlo joined Arsenal somehow.He's going to be free at the end of the season and someone with his experience will surely be valuable even if he only plays 20 games or so.

i totally agree...players like him is what we need! gattuso :ahee:
Original post by ali242
i totally agree...players like him is what we need! gattuso :ahee:

Pirlo tho man....

Wilshere-Fabregas-Pirlo-Nasri

:sogood:
Reply 9287
Pirlo tho man....

Wilshere-Fabregas-Pirlo-Nasri

:sogood:

we need like an in your face guy there as well...song still in the mid with a lone striker?
Original post by ali242
we need like an in your face guy there as well...song still in the mid with a lone striker?

That's how I see it.

But hey don't worry we'll probably get an 18 year old 3rd world country player that looks 40 and has ****loods of future potential :cool:

in wenger we trust...
Who's your number 1 wish transfer for this summer?
Reply 9290
Pirlo is only 31 years old?!:eek: It feels like he has been playing for centuries! He would be a steal, and would definitely fix our DM problem, and would no doubt provide some form of leadership, but I just can't see it happening...
He's more of a cultured midfielder than a DM. He could provide excellent cover/competition for Wilshere/Cesc However he'd be good at set-peices when RvP gets injured. If we can get him on a decent deal, we should sign him.
Reply 9292

A leader.
Original post by The_Rev
A leader.

Pick a name :tongue: .

Obviously something realistic would be good.

I really like the idea of Pirlo at Arsenal.
Reply 9294

a leader
and eden hazard
maybe aguero
but its never gonna happen
we will get some french players from Lille
Reply 9295
Jay jay okochaaaaaa
Original post by ali242
a leader
and eden hazard
maybe aguero
but its never gonna happen
we will get some french players from Lille

We won't get Hazard.
He will cost at least 30 mill now that Lille is going to CL.
The midfield is hardly the area that needs improving. You would be far better off buying another CB, or more preferably another striker.
Original post by doggyfizzel
The midfield is hardly the area that needs improving. You would be far better off buying another CB, or more preferably another striker.

Arsene wenger didn't feel like spending 3.5 million on one of the most in demand under 20 defenders in europe.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/04/26/2458863/manchester-united-to-beat-arsenal-to-signature-of-young

This kid plays for his first team and the u-21 national team.Hardly someone that needs to prove himself.

Gone...
Reply 9299
Pick a name :tongue: .

Obviously something realistic would be good.

I really like the idea of Pirlo at Arsenal.

Any leader would do really. Someone who is a commanding centre back who can deal with set pieces would be ideal. I would really like to see one of the following:
Philippe Mexes
Neven Subotic
Mertesacker
Gary Cahill
Eden Hazard, if Arshavin ends up leaving.

I still feel that Bendtner is a quality striker, and if he was given a run of 10 back-to-back games then he would surely start to shine, and by that I mean playing him as a striker, not a winger. But nevertheless, that huge Ivory Coast striker, I forgot his name though.:colondollar: And by huge, I mean Bendtner plus a little bit extra, and he can shoot! Found him!

This guy! He's younger than Bendtner as well!
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest