The Student Room Group

MSc Finance CASS 2011/2012 official class

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey,
I have also been offered the MSc Quantitative Finance course at CASS,

Anyone got any info or experiences about this course and CASS in general?
hello where else do you have offers from?
Reply 22
I got an offer for the MSc Investment Management but I also hold an offer from Imperial MSc Finance. Not sure which I should choose to be honest (and Imperial is crazy expensive)!
Reply 23
Hey suede, me and my coursemate have an offer for MSc Investment Management too. We will be attending the information session on April 13th.
Hey!
Yep i've got an offer from MSc Finance which I've accepted as well!.. Regarding accommodation.. I have friends who are doing their MSc degrees this year and they say the best postgrad residence to stay in is Willen House. So I've applied there... We're gonna have a lot of project work and stuff so its just easier to live closer for the people you have to work with! Apparently most MSc students try and stay there! Rooms are quite nice and its located close to Bunhill Row! Anyone else applied to Willen House?
hey, i just accepted the conditional offer for msc finance. still not too sure whether i will really go to it, cos i still got to take the gmat and hardly have any time for learning for that test. anyone experienced how hard it is to get >600 points? in order to have a safe place in the summer, i will also accept the offer from cranfield, where my only condition is a bachelors degree..
Reply 26
Original post by saint_vieha
hey, i just accepted the conditional offer for msc finance. still not too sure whether i will really go to it, cos i still got to take the gmat and hardly have any time for learning for that test. anyone experienced how hard it is to get >600 points? in order to have a safe place in the summer, i will also accept the offer from cranfield, where my only condition is a bachelors degree..

It took me around 3 weeks to get 610 GMAT, a few days for Quan and the rest for Verbal (I am not from a English speaking country).
Reply 27
If you are a native English speaker and good at standardized tests it shouldn't be a problem. I scored 700 on the first attempt (without study).
Original post by saint_vieha

I wouldn't say its EASY to get 700 without studying...you will definitely require a bit of study for that.. but 600 u can definitely get with a few weeks study!... Use the Manhattan guide for Sentence correction, PowerScore Critical reasoning bible for CR and the official guide for reading comprehension... and also the official guide for math...and then practice using the 6 free tests u will get with the Manhattan guide that you buy! and you're final practice with the prep tests that you get on mba.com...they're the most accurate indicator of ur score... dont worry if ur score seems a bit low with the manhattan tests....a lot of people score a lil lower on those tests than any other... they're really good though for practice!... i'm quite sure you'll do well with all this.. :smile:
bump
I've got an offer for Msc in Mathematical Trading and finance. Going to the info session tomorrow, not sure whether to ask for a change to the financial mathematics course.

Just sounds less mickey mouse ish.

Anyone got any info on that course they can share.

thanks
Reply 31
Original post by trendtrader
I've got an offer for Msc in Mathematical Trading and finance. Going to the info session tomorrow, not sure whether to ask for a change to the financial mathematics course.

Just sounds less mickey mouse ish.

Anyone got any info on that course they can share.

thanks

I met the chap that does it (Stewart Hodges). A big bod in finance. Look him up.

I think (don't quote me) that grads from that course also have something like the highest average starting salary in the UK. Or something along those lines.

It's certainly not mickey mouse ish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending