The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Could be because you called Barts and the London "Queen Mary"
If you reapply there then whatever you do don't call it Queen Mary at an interview :tongue:

You say you're admissions tests let you down? What UKCAT and BMAT did you get? :dontknow:

lol i wont....

i got 590
and
5.9 3.8 3B

bad times
Original post by futuredoc77
School of Pharmacy in London :ninja:

You will be in London :eek:

This means I'm going to have to meet you now :colone:
Original post by a moist feeling
You will be in London :eek:

This means I'm going to have to meet you now :colone:

I'll come hunt you down in Barts :colone:
I'll come hunt you down in Barts :colone:

:sexface:
Original post by praj1

Original post by praj1
lol i wont....

i got 590
and
5.9 3.8 3B

bad times

Yeah :erm:

Well section 1 of the BMAT looked good! :unsure:

Hopefully next time you'll score higher :sadnod:
:sexface:

I'll witness the sexface irl :nutcase:
I'll witness the sexface irl :nutcase:

You should stay round :sexface:
You should stay round :sexface:

Oh believe me I will :perv:
I am sooo confused. Is this not the 2012 med reapplicants thread?:confused::confused:
Reply 1309
Original post by pan_93
how can u find out who neg repped you?

sub :tongue: i hate her and i don't even know why, lol
Original post by dmz
sub :tongue: i hate her and i don't even know why, lol

hey, I have seen you around LOADS, were you not a 2011 reapplicant? Why does it say ur doing meng? :frown:
Oh believe me I will :perv:

Alriiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt :hump:
Reply 1312
Original post by garlicbreadman
I am sooo confused. Is this not the 2012 med reapplicants thread?:confused::confused:

you should know, you started it :colonhash: me and the doc are re applying
Alriiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt :hump:

Was that a Quagmire reference? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :toofunny:

Original post by dmz
you should know, you started it :colonhash: me and the doc are re applying

:sigh:
Reply 1314
hey, I have seen you around LOADS, were you not a 2011 reapplicant? Why does it say ur doing meng? :frown:

i applied to aberdeen for some reason :tongue:, i decided to do a masters (4yrs) in medical engineering while i apply for medicine, if not GEM if not clinical engineer or medical physicist
Hey people,

just throught I'd pop in and say hello! Just got my Aberdeen feedback and they recommend graduate entry, and that it could be a waste of a year for reapplicants. But graduate entry is so much more competitive. I'm quite annoyed actually.

So, I am going to accept my biomed offer, see how I get on, what I get in my 6th year exams, and then take it from there, and then decide definitely whether or not I want to reapply.

I think perhaps the universities recommend graduate entry because there's just so many people applying to medicine.

Anyone firmed their fifth choice with the intention of most likely reapplying?

And what do you guys have planned? I am probably just going to continue voluntary work, can't really do more work experience as I have exhausted all of my local work experience resources, and perhaps get a part-time job but its really daunting having so much time and having to structure it. :frown: I just want to relax. lol

I've firmed Biochem at Leicester but intend to reapply if I achieve my predicted grades. At the end of the day, you can just decline it right..?
I actually cba with all the student finance/accommodation stuff but thought I'd do it cos it's not a bad back-up (tiniest possibility of transferring to med after the 1st year - but the chances are very low, plus they bribed me with a £1000 entry scholarship if i get AAA)
I'm in the middle of organizing some HCA work through a friend of a friend
Intend to work my butt off for an amazing UKCAT after my exams and take it from there really :smile:
Reply 1316
Original post by dmz
Haha, we're not allowed to reveal people, i trade though

Trade what precisely? :sexface:

That's kind of not possible... but c'mon, you know it'd be much better if we know who you are :colondollar:

Aww, but I could start an official 2012 reapplicants list of who's who :smile:

Haha, I'd PM you both really, but it just feels odd sending a PM like 'my name is...' Don't know why really :/

Original post by LHC
Ahhh seeing all the people reapplying for universities in scotland is making me nervous! I am deperate to do medicine and I'm about to sit my highers in a couple of weeks! I have had a week of work experience and stobhill hospital and i'm going to germany with the school in june to do more work experience in a german hospital. Do you think this will help me?

It'll help you, but everyone has work experience - the important thing is being able to reflect well on it in your personal statement and interview. The fact that its in Germany doesn't matter - unless of course you were organising it yourself, which might show initiative and independance and maturity.

Original post by Tinth
I here!! No ones been on for days anyway...

I know it has been quiet - but everyone has returned now it appears :P
Original post by dmz
i applied to aberdeen for some reason :tongue:, i decided to do a masters (4yrs) in medical engineering while i apply for medicine, if not GEM if not clinical engineer or medical physicist

Can you do 1 year at a uni and reapply?

I thought the unis didn't like that?
Reply 1318
Original post by twelve
Trade what precisely? :sexface:

Aww, but I could start an official 2012 reapplicants list of who's who :smile:

Haha, I'd PM you both really, but it just feels odd sending a PM like 'my name is...' Don't know why really :/

It'll help you, but everyone has work experience - the important thing is being able to reflect well on it in your personal statement and interview. The fact that its in Germany doesn't matter - unless of course you were organising it yourself, which might show initiative and independance and maturity.

I know it has been quiet - but everyone has returned now it appears :P

identities! What did you think? :sexface:
Reply 1319
Can you do 1 year at a uni and reapply?

I thought the unis didn't like that?

some accept it, some don't care. Not counting on getting in this year but worth a shot, currently have a shot at southampton and PMS

Quick Reply

Latest