The Student Room Group

I saw someone from TSR at work

There's a girl on here whose posts really make me laugh, she lives in the same city as me- but because I'm a lurker on this forum (I've only ever posted this :P), I've never once contracted her to say 'oh, that was really funny'...my interaction towards her doesn't extend past the pos rep button.

But anyway, I'm on gap year working on a checkout and today a girl comes to my till, looking seriously familiar. As soon as she went I realised exactly who she was as she has a lot of pictures and drawings of herself on her TSR account. I commented about her to my work mate and apparently she comes in every day and I just haven't been paying attention. I looked on her profile and saw that her college is like 10 minutes from my work so it seems quite likely :/

I'd like to ask her out or maybe get her pin but I'm really worried that the 'Hey, I know you from TSR' line will make me look a bit of a serial killer...

Any advice? My mate told me to approach her and don't even mention the TSR thing.

Scroll to see replies

"You look really familiar, but I can't quite place you - have we met before?"
"No, I don't think so..."
"Oh, well never mind. What's your name?"
Mention TSR. It's like a dirty little secret you can share with each other :mmm:
Reply 3
Just start chatting to her :smile: your mate is right, it's probably best not to mention the TSR thing until you get to know her a bit better...I mean it would be funny but there's also a slight chance she might get creeped out a bit :tongue:

(then again i'd personally consider it to be the BEST icebreaker haha!)
Reply 4
Somehow TSR doesn't strike me as the place that breeds serial killers.

Also;

maybe get her pin

What?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Say, "aren't you ... from TSR?" and then follow this guy's lead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhuYIr1J1zc&feature=related
Reply 6
Original post by dirtyoldriver
Mention TSR. It's like a dirty little secret you can share with each other :mmm:

Haha true that!
Reply 7
How cool would it be if she posts in this thread with some advice.. and then you can follow her advice :awesome:
Reply 8
Yeah it would be too early to mention the TSR thing cos she might think your just some creep
Original post by DH-Biker

Also;

What?

BBM
Reply 10

Also;

What?

He wants to steal all her monies. :teehee:

OP probably means BB pin, that thing on Blackberry phones. :wink::wink:

Also;

What?

Blackberry PIN I think, for blackberry messenger (BBM) :biggrin:

Yeh perhaps try the non-TSR angle first... but it's a nice talking point, maybe 2nd date material :P
Original post by Kash:)
How cool would it be if she posts in this thread with some advice.. and then you can follow her advice :awesome:

I didn't even think of that scenario...I'm scared now :colone:
Reply 13
If your confident enough I think it would be best just to say hello.

But if your not why don't you PM her on here its always a ice breaker that you come from the same place.
TSR can't be that creepy especially if she has pics up, it would be creepy to be like "I thought you wrote funny posts so I decrypted your username and used abstract information about you from threads to compile an identity and find you on facebook then I realised we work together".

...Now it just sounds like I've done that :sigh:
Reply 15
just tell her you might know through somewhere and if asks, tell her is TSR. is better to tell her the truth now, but if she later finds out that you knew her from TSR but didn't tell her, she might not have god feeling about you.
Reply 16
Original post by Don'tNod
He wants to steal all her monies. :teehee:

OP probably means BB pin, that thing on Blackberry phones. :wink::wink:

At first I thought it was her pin number; I was like:

"Wait, this isn't a good way to go about things!"

I never though of Blackberry Messenger, though... :colondollar:
It will be a good topic to talk about when you've both got to know each other. "Him: Hey I saw your post on TSR last night!" "Her: ORLY?" :biggrin:
What if she sees that you've asked people on here about asking her out...?
Reply 19
I want to know who she is now :awesome:

Latest

Trending

Trending