The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Original post by thewriter
I know and to top it off my teacher. He called me "god" yesterday because apparently I invented new bacteria :P

Haha :tongue: I have 2 bad biology teachers :/
Original post by liviaaa
I know it's gone incredibly fast! Your welcome :smile: Make sure you have some work exp. etc too!

yep been doing it in british heart foundation and the hospital (:
Good Luck to you and everyone :biggrin:
I'm off going to revise Chemistry.
Reply 2142
Original post by Ronnylover
yep been doing it in british heart foundation and the hospital (:
Good Luck to you and everyone :biggrin:
I'm off going to revise Chemistry.

Oh sounds good! Thanks :smile:
Original post by thewriter
I know and to top it off my teacher. He called me "god" yesterday because apparently I invented new bacteria :P

which one? :eek: :tongue:
Reply 2144
Original post by thegodofgod
Yeah - I even have 2 exams that occur at the same time... twice :eek:

So will be quarantined :dance: - never happened to me before :tongue:

Cool where are you going to be locked up? I heard that happened to a girl at our school and she had to stay at the headteacher's house, but I don't know if that's true or not.
Has anyone sampled the BMAT? I looked at a few questions and they seemed fiendishly hard, and I assume the time limit is quite pressing in the actual thing.

Is it the case that most people get most questions wrong, or.....not?
Original post by cz100
Cool where are you going to be locked up? I heard that happened to a girl at our school and she had to stay at the headteacher's house, but I don't know if that's true or not.

In the school library =/
Original post by SteveCrain

I really hope they do...
Has anyone sampled the BMAT? I looked at a few questions and they seemed fiendishly hard, and I assume the time limit is quite pressing in the actual thing.

I tried a full paper without time restrictions. S1 was easy I got 32/35 but some S2 questions were quite hard (especially considering I don't do physics AS) and I only got 21/27. Looking at the conversion charts I think 21/27 is around 7. I'm probably going to have to do a lot of work on physics as I remember literally none of my GCSE stuff.
Original post by fudgesundae
I tried a full paper without time restrictions. S1 was easy I got 32/35 but some S2 questions were quite hard (especially considering I don't do physics AS) and I only got 21/27. Looking at the conversion charts I think 21/27 is around 7. I'm probably going to have to do a lot of work on physics as I remember literally none of my GCSE stuff.

Where did you locate this full paper?
Original post by VaVe
hey i'd say even if you know where you want to apply now, go to the open days anyway. You gert to look round and the talks let you know what the admissions people want from an application. :smile:

That does sound like a good idea. :smile: The only thing is that it's annoyingly expensive to go somewhere for an open day. I think I will go to open days after I do my UKCAT and have a more clear idea of where I can apply.
Reply 2151
In the school library =/

Well, at least it's nothing as drastic as staying overnight in your headteacher's house!
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Haha sadly....no :frown:

I mean you have far more people at say Registrar level than at Consultant so it stops being competitive and starts being ridiculous.

Well the NHS here is far from perfect, I wouldn't get that idea. It's just been run slightly different ever since devolution which after 10 years has led to several changes. The red tape is still here and we still have staff shortages, it is just the combination of factors.

I'm really not the person to ask about NHS policy :tongue:

To be fair, I doubt a Scottish accent is that exotic in Scotland, but if you ever came to England it would be.

Ah right, I get it. One of the reasons so many people (read: I am :p:) are attracted to medicine is cos of the job stability... and yet there's some crazy chaos to get the job you want.... and a hell of a lot of moving around. :s-smilie:

Yeah, I guess Scottish NHS has different problems to deal with than English ones as you said because the demography differences but, even though it's not perfect, it sounds like it's done a good job with dealing with the barriers. But grass is always greener. :dontknow:
Original post by cz100
Well, at least it's nothing as drastic as staying overnight in your headteacher's house!

Staying in the library from 12.00 to 1.30 between two language exams is not cool... (two different languages)
Ahem. Hello....big country north of Newcastle....:tongue:

No fees for Scottish students here, only living costs. And anyone from England, Wales, Northern Ireland gets charged around £1800 pa.

Might get higher though. :frown:
Original post by liviaaa
I figured it'd be that much everywhere in the UK? Say if most are £9000 a year, double that to include student living each year. Thats £18000 x 5/6, depending on your course. That's £108000!

Student living is £9k a year! :eek: Wow, I'm so naive about the world. I knew accommodation/life was expensive but I didn't realise it was that bad. :p: We're still getting good value for money, humanities students have to pay the same amount with barely any contact time, so I guess it's all good.
Where did you locate this full paper?

bmat website: http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/bmat/Test+Preparation

I did the 2009 one I think
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
To be fair, I doubt a Scottish accent is that exotic in Scotland, but if you ever came to England it would be.

Ah right, I get it. One of the reasons so many people (read: I am :p:) are attracted to medicine is cos of the job stability... and yet there's some crazy chaos to get the job you want.... and a hell of a lot of moving around. :s-smilie:

Yeah, I guess Scottish NHS has different problems to deal with than English ones as you said because the demography differences but, even though it's not perfect, it sounds like it's done a good job with dealing with the barriers. But grass is always greener. :dontknow:

Well no not really :tongue: But I doubt that my voice really has that much to do with it :frown: (world's smallest violin)

Yeah you will almost never find out an out of work doctor. They might not be in the job they want though :tongue:

I suppose it is :smile:
Reply 2158
Staying in the library from 12.00 to 1.30 between two language exams is not cool... (two different languages)

Last year, one girl in my school was sitting in the library revising, when someone came in and told her that she had her chemistry AS paper in the hall at that time. She said 'no it's next week' and the person was like 'no, it's in the hall NOW'. The poor thing had to do one of her chemistry papers a week before she planned to. Kind of her fault but I'd fail if I did that, last minute cramming is one of my ways of doing things and I wouldn't have had anything done by then.
Well no not really :tongue: But I doubt that my voice really has that much to do with it :frown: (world's smallest violin)

Yeah you will almost never find out an out of work doctor. They might not be in the job they want though :tongue:

I suppose it is :smile:

World's smallest violin? What? :p:

Well that would suck, slaving away for years on end to end up in a job you don't *truly* want to do... ouch.

Latest

Trending

Trending