The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by dmz
identities! What did you think? :sexface:

Haha, but I already know what your name is. Your first name anyway. You mean full name and date of birth and bank details?!

Ahh now that would be telling... :sexface:
Reply 1321
Original post by twelve
Haha, but I already know what your name is. Your first name anyway. You mean full name and date of birth and bank details?!

Ahh now that would be telling... :sexface:

You know my first name?! do you mean demi? That's like 1/3 of my first name, lol. Well 1/2 of what i actually use anyway :tongue:, giving way too much clues. Haha sure, you first :laugh:

I'm more of a doing man anyway :wink: (no pun intended, lol)
What is happening, bloods?
Reply 1323
Original post by firestar101
What is happening, bloods?

Not much it seems...
Hey,

Just curious about what people think of access courses in medicine. Such as, the one below:-

http://www.cwa.ac.uk/atm-entry.html

A lot of people from the access course to medicine at the college of west of Anglia seem to get into medicine. Anyway, that is what the seem to want you to believe.

Is anyone here thinking of doing an access course in medicine? Does it achieve anything in increasing your chances in getting into medicine?
Anyone still waiting for feedback from St Andrews? I'm a little concerned at the moment.
Heyy :smile:
I've firmed my fifth choice with the intention of declining it if i get my predictions - it's still a backup so it's not completely out of the question. Should i apply for accommodation/finance stuff now i.e. before the deadline..?
Or would this just complicate things for me next year??
Original post by firestar101
Hey,

Just curious about what people think of access courses in medicine. Such as, the one below:-

http://www.cwa.ac.uk/atm-entry.html

A lot of people from the access course to medicine at the college of west of Anglia seem to get into medicine. Anyway, that is what the seem to want you to believe.

Is anyone here thinking of doing an access course in medicine? Does it achieve anything in increasing your chances in getting into medicine?

I was under the impression that an access course would be more competitive due to the small amount of places available.
plus i thought it was for those without a scientific background i.e. non-scientific A levels/degree..
Reply 1328
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Heyy :smile:
I've firmed my fifth choice with the intention of declining it if i get my predictions - it's still a backup so it's not completely out of the question. Should i apply for accommodation/finance stuff now i.e. before the deadline..?
Or would this just complicate things for me next year??

Surely it would complicate things more if you weren't prepared? :s
Original post by twelve
Surely it would complicate things more if you weren't prepared? :s

I meant it would complicate things if I come to apply for accommodation and finance for a med school this time next year - at least this is what my head of year thinks..
Reply 1330
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
I meant it would complicate things if I come to apply for accommodation and finance for a med school this time next year - at least this is what my head of year thinks..

I don't quite understand. Do you mean making an application now, and cancelling it would complicate it for when you apply next year?

I don't think it would make a difference as far as I know :s-smilie: You'd be better of being prepared, or you may not end up with accomodation you like, or the money to pay for it!
Reply 1331
Ask Sarah1991 on the 2011 re-app cos she had a situation like that, even applied to romania and had an interview she didn't go to :lol:
Original post by twelve
I don't quite understand. Do you mean making an application now, and cancelling it would complicate it for when you apply next year?

I don't think it would make a difference as far as I know :s-smilie: You'd be better of being prepared, or you may not end up with accomodation you like, or the money to pay for it!

I mean applying for the student loans for 2011 entry and booking accomodation (which i think you have to pay a deposit for) then getting my results in august and cancelling the whole thing..

Then come next year, my name is already on record for student loans/finance etc.
it may cause complications when i apply for my tuition fee loan to another uni
don't know if i'm making any sense :s-smilie:
Original post by dmz
Ask Sarah1991 on the 2011 re-app cos she had a situation like that, even applied to romania and had an interview she didn't go to :lol:

merci beaucoup :smile:
Reply 1334
Wat kinda jobs do you guty recommend/ think of getting ?
Reply 1335
*guys
Reply 1336
Original post by fruitfan
*guys

HCA in hospital seems standard
Reply 1337
Oh alright. Thank you. So just contact my hospital and ask if they have any hca placements ?
Reply 1338
Original post by fruitfan
Oh alright. Thank you. So just contact my hospital and ask if they have any hca placements ?

Most requires experience, that's y i couldn't get one there. I need 6 months experience, talk to Mask of Sanity :tongue:
Reply 1339
Oh alright. Is that a person ? Haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending