The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unbiased Opinion
World's smallest violin? What? :p:

Well that would suck, slaving away for years on end to end up in a job you don't *truly* want to do... ouch.

As in I should stop feeling sorry for myself :tongue:

Well the best ones aren't usually in that position :smile:

Edit: Perhaps an unfortunate choice of words.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
yep! I love big cities! loads to do and see :smile:
most of my open days are straight after exams! lol
only problem I can perceive about London would be living accomodation..I really dont want to be living in a tiny room with just about room for a bed..oh well. cant have everything i suppose :tongue:
thank you! good luck to you too! Im sure we will both do fine :smile:

Agreed... I felt a bit dubious about choosing to apply to UEA in case Norwich is small and boring but I love the UEA course and I've heard from friends that Norwich is a great place so :dontknow: Open day awaits, I spose.

Haha, yeah, or shared accomo, that would suck! I don't mind sharing toilets but bedrooms. :afraid:

Thanks. :smile: Fingers crossed. Not gonna lie, the way revision is going atm, I'm gonna be lucky if any uni at all considers me haha. But I'll grind through. I will beat the Examiner. :evil:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope

Oh, ok, I thought it was some kind of euphemism for a minute but violin didn't really seem to fit. I need to grow up. :giggle:

Ah well, anything worth having doesn't come easy and all that jazz. :smile:

:holmes: You do like your weird sayings, don't you? :hmmm:
Oh, ok, I thought it was some kind of euphemism for a minute but violin didn't really seem to fit. I need to grow up. :giggle:

Ah well, anything worth having doesn't come easy and all that jazz. :smile:

Pahaha lol no not quite a euphemism :rolleyes:

Very true :biggrin:
Original post by thegodofgod
:holmes: You do like your weird sayings, don't you? :hmmm:

Damn right :colone:

Sir, I accept your challenge. Winchesters at dawn.
Pahaha lol no not quite a euphemism :rolleyes:

Very true :biggrin:

It seemed to fit worryingly well. :p:

So while we're all talking about our exams, when are yours? :redface:
Damn right :colone:

I voted for you in the sexiest medical students' competition thing :biggrin:
Reply 2169
All this talk of Scottish accents... I love Scottish accents :love:
But I'm not sure of applying to Scotland, just because of the talk that they are very territorial.
I voted for you in the sexiest medical students' competition thing :biggrin:

Thank you so much :biggrin:
Original post by cz100
All this talk of Scottish accents... I love Scottish accents :love:
But I'm not sure of applying to Scotland, just because of the talk that they are very territorial.

We're lovely :smile: Really, both staff and students. Lots of my friends are from around the UK.

Plus we all sound amazing....:rolleyes:
It seemed to fit worryingly well. :p:

So while we're all talking about our exams, when are yours? :redface:

End of May. 4 exams in a row, 23rd to the 27th

Community course, Systems 1, Systems 2, OSPE, OSCE :rolleyes:
Lots of my friends are from around the UK.

Well of course they are... :tongue:
Reply 2174
We're lovely :smile: Really, both staff and students. Lots of my friends are from around the UK.

Plus we all sound amazing....:rolleyes:

Tbh I'd rather go to Scotland than England... other than Cambridge because it's just beautiful. But I don't know whether to put them down because I don't want to make my application more risky than it already is. One of my friends who also want to go to Cambridge spoke with an Edinburgh admissions person and they told him straightaway that if his PS would be geared towards Cambridge then there is little chance it'll get him an offer at Edinburgh
End of May. 4 exams in a row, 23rd to the 27th

Community course, Systems 1, Systems 2, OSPE, OSCE :rolleyes:

Do you guys have like one exam for anatomy, one for biochemistry, one for physiology and that sorta stuff?

BTW - what's the difference between Irish and Scottish accents? I can never tell the difference between them :colondollar:
Original post by SteveCrain
Sir, I accept your challenge. Winchesters at dawn.

haha, good luck :tongue:
Reply 2177
Do you guys have like one exam for anatomy, one for biochemistry, one for physiology and that sorta stuff?

BTW - what's the difference between Irish and Scottish accents? I can never tell the difference between them :colondollar:

I prefer Scottish accents. I live in NI so get to hear them both and some of my friends prefer Irish. Can't really explain the difference though, but they sound hawt! English is a bit posh (the proper one, the other ones sound a bit more annoying. A bit rich coming from someone who has a mixture of Northern Irish/Chinese/English accents but hey)
Original post by fudgesundae
haha, good luck :tongue:

do you jest SIR?
Original post by cz100
Tbh I'd rather go to Scotland than England... other than Cambridge because it's just beautiful. But I don't know whether to put them down because I don't want to make my application more risky than it already is. One of my friends who also want to go to Cambridge spoke with an Edinburgh admissions person and they told him straightaway that if his PS would be geared towards Cambridge then there is little chance it'll get him an offer at Edinburgh

Yeah it is a really nice place to be :smile: I mean there are grotty parts :s-smilie: But head out of pretty much any city here for 30 minutes then you are in perfect countryside :biggrin:

Edinburgh are helpful like that, they tell you what they want. I would seriously recommend considering applying north of the border :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending