The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
I still don't understand what disadvantages creating horcruxes put upon Voldemort :/
New trailer coming out today for Part 2.

Original post by Mess.
I still don't understand what disadvantages creating horcruxes put upon Voldemort :/

Apart from the process, nothing except making his soul unstable, and the result of that when you die.
Original post by cambo211
If they don't do Molly Weasley justice in this film they will have me to answer to.

TOTALLY!!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

Omg can't wait.
Reply 1283
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Apart from the process, nothing except making his soul unstable, and the result of that when you die.

I thought as much. So he essentially makes himself immortal and is not disadvantaged at all? Really don't see why it is seen as such ridiculously horrible magic. Yes you have to kill someone, but for immortality pretty much every Dark Wizard should do it :beard:

Also, did it annoy anyone else how Gryffindor was proposed as a hollier than thou house and Slytherin the worst ever. When not a single Slytherin stayed I thought it was rather childish writing and could have been done better.
Oh and I wish the other two houses had been fleshed out a bit more.

(I am listening to the audiobook, hence all the quizzing :p: )
Original post by Mess.
I thought as much. So he essentially makes himself immortal and is not disadvantaged at all? Really don't see why it is seen as such ridiculously horrible magic. Yes you have to kill someone, but for immortality pretty much every Dark Wizard should do it :beard:

Also, did it annoy anyone else how Gryffindor was proposed as a hollier than thou house and Slytherin the worst ever. When not a single Slytherin stayed I thought it was rather childish writing and could have been done better.
Oh and I wish the other two houses had been fleshed out a bit more.

(I am listening to the audiobook, hence all the quizzing :p: )

Yup, and tbh, I would have created one more. Just a secret one. Voldy is an idiot. :colonhash:

I disliked that too. Sorry, but not every Slytherin is bad. Yet they passed off the entire house as cowards. It's not as if they didn't stay, they weren't given the chance to. All because one shouted out to give Harry over. They should have had some Slytherins fighting.
Reply 1285

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHEN? WHERE?

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:
Original post by aja89
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHEN? WHERE?

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

Some American channel. :tongue:

Don't forget that it will makes its world premiere on ABC Family between 7 and 9 PM ET.
I'll be at work when the trailer is going to be put up online :cry: I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning when I get home. So excited. FINALLY.
It might just be a teaser. :tongue:

I mean, if it was a full trailer, it would make much more sense that they released it straight here too.

This is turning into a great day -- first pay day and new HP trailer!!! :woo: The first few notes of music sent chills up my spine. OMG. Gutted they put some of the deaths, or strongly hinted at some in there but whatever. At the moment I'm all like YAYDEYDGKLFJHLGFHJKLFTJKLGHJKLGFHJKJKL. Should really be asleep but I'm too excited now. LOL.
(edited 13 years ago)
What can I say? the trailer just looks so epic. They have come along way from the cheery and secure days of the philosopher stone. We are all grown up and I love the fact that the films like the books matured over time. This will be a fitting way to end the series.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1291
GOOD TRAILER! It actually nearly made me cry, which is ridiculous. :facepalm2:

And YES to Molly and Bellatrix duelling for about a millisecond! :woo:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :awesome:

I'm not going to be able to stop blubbing when

Spoiler

Especially with that glimpse of them in the trailer :cry:
Reply 1293
Whats the release date on part two?
Original post by madders94
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :awesome:

I'm not going to be able to stop blubbing when

Spoiler

Especially with that glimpse of them in the trailer :cry:

Spoiler

Original post by dobbys sock

This is turning into a great day -- first pay day and new HP trailer!!! :woo: The first few notes of music sent chills up my spine. OMG. Gutted they put some of the deaths, or strongly hinted at some in there but whatever. At the moment I'm all like YAYDEYDGKLFJHLGFHJKLFTJKLGHJKLGFHJKJKL. Should really be asleep but I'm too excited now. LOL.

They showed one of the deaths in the first trailer (only for a millisecond)

At 12 seconds it looks like Voldy's been experimenting with eyeshadow :tongue:
Epic trailer. :teeth:
Original post by Aj12
Whats the release date on part two?

15th July. :moon:
I'm still insanely proud of the fact I refrained from watching the first one when it came out so I could see both together!!!

Harry Potter double bill - EXCITEMENT!!!
Best quote in the trailer = ultimate reuse of Voldemort's 'NYYYAAAHHHHHHH'
Original post by pinkpenguin
Best quote in the trailer = ultimate reuse of Voldemort's 'NYYYAAAHHHHHHH'

I noticed that! Takes away the suspense once you notice it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending