The Student Room Group

Cupcake society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizfairy
How can you make one single cupcake, on it's own?

As Becca-Sarah said, but you might struggle with recipes asking for 1 egg, so maybe hunt and see if there is an eggless cupcake recipe.
Original post by Zebrastripes
As Becca-Sarah said, but you might struggle with recipes asking for 1 egg, so maybe hunt and see if there is an eggless cupcake recipe.

Yeah i was just wondering if there was a recipe specifically for one, it can be vegan if it's easier, one where you measure ingredients by tablespoons/teaspoons etc rather than roughly slicing recipes.
Yeah i was just wondering if there was a recipe specifically for one, it can be vegan if it's easier, one where you measure ingredients by tablespoons/teaspoons etc rather than roughly slicing recipes.

Not sure what flavours you're looking for. Vanilla Cupcakes and Chocolate Cupcakes. There are so many recipes on google, so just search :smile:
Can I join this soc? There's a really good cupcake bakery near uni (adore it!)
Made my first cupcakes! Never baked anything from scratch before or piped icing so I'm quite pleased with the results. :smile: They're chocolate with melted dark chocolate in the centre and yellow buttercream icing with chocolate chips on:

ME! ME!

Made many a cupcake and cake in my life, not sure what pictures I have... In recent order...

Spoiler

I have some edible glitter (on the first cake, a lemon drizzle) and some gel colours but I haven't really had a chance to use them!
(edited 12 years ago)

Hey! I know it's been a while since you posted this, but this blog entry came up on my feed yesterday and when I saw your post I thought this might be what you're after? Except it makes two instead of one, but it is in tablespoons/teaspoons :smile:

Two cupcakes!
Original post by laura-rad
Hey! I know it's been a while since you posted this, but this blog entry came up on my feed yesterday and when I saw your post I thought this might be what you're after? Except it makes two instead of one, but it is in tablespoons/teaspoons :smile:

Two cupcakes!

Thanks! The chocolate one looks great.
Btw, I live very close to you, dundee is my nearest city?
Any great cupcakes there?
Thanks! The chocolate one looks great.
Btw, I live very close to you, dundee is my nearest city?
Any great cupcakes there?

Hope they work out for you!

The bakery across the road from me has just started selling cupcakes, but I haven't had a chance to give them a try. My friend said there's a nice one up in St. Andrews, which I've yet to visit, but hopefully I will this summer :smile:
Reply 269
What is the attraction in cupcakes? It's not like they even taste particularly special. They're just plain cakes with way too much icing.
Original post by py0alb
What is the attraction in cupcakes? It's not like they even taste particularly special. They're just plain cakes with way too much icing.

Because they're so small, you can have a whole one to yourself - No sliced up cakes that go dry and have their icing destroyed with knives.

But mostly it's just the excitement of decorating them, there is not a big area to cover so you can go crazy with flowers, butterflies, buttercream icing in lots of pretty colours - They're just so lovely to look at :h:

(that's my opinion anyway)
I made 12 of these Easter cupcakes today (as well as some pink fairy cakes) for my friends who're coming round tomorrow;

Original post by LouboutinLove
I made 12 of these Easter cupcakes today (as well as some pink fairy cakes) for my friends who're coming round tomorrow;

They look lovely :smile: Did you make the icing yourself?
Original post by AutVinceriAutMori
They look lovely :smile: Did you make the icing yourself?

Thank you! Yes, I did - and it took forever, I hate mixing buttercream!
Original post by LouboutinLove
Thank you! Yes, I did - and it took forever, I hate mixing buttercream!

I guess the reu#sult was worth it, though :biggrin:
I always struggle with buttercream :sadnod: SOmetimes it curdles and sometimes it becomes too sugary :/
I tend to beat my butter with icing sugar and a bit of youghurt, but that icing, whilst being light and fluffy, won't keep for long
Wooo! Now this is my sort of thread!

I've only made and iced cupcakes once, but it was so much fun! Don't laugh at my icing though. It was a first attempt! ahaha :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp
Wooo! Now this is my sort of thread!

I've only made and iced cupcakes once, but it was so much fun! Don't laugh at my icing though. It was a first attempt! ahaha :smile:

Don't worry, it looks lovely :h:

I made some cute Easter cupcakes but forgot to take pictures :frown: Green butter cream icing and mini eggs on top :mmm:
Recently I've made vanilla cupcakes with an attempt at two tone yellow and cream icing and banana bread... Banned from making cupcakes until my assignments are done but been told to make the banana bread again soon because it was so nommy :biggrin: No pictures I'm afraid!
'Death by Oreo' cupcakes :biggrin:

Chocolate sponge, with a an oreo at the bottom, topped with oreo crumb buttercream and a mini oreo :yep:

(Sorry for the massive images, thought I'd made the smaller but obviously not!)
Original post by laura-rad
'Death by Oreo' cupcakes :biggrin:

Chocolate sponge, with a an oreo at the bottom, topped with oreo crumb buttercream and a mini oreo :yep:

(Sorry for the massive images, thought I'd made the smaller but obviously not!)

Recipe please!

Quick Reply

Latest