The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9340
Why not? He doesn't want to be at arsenal and he shouldn't be captain either.
Look, he's said nothing about wanting to leave.
Original post by Hantheman
The Henry effect? As in not winning anything? :tongue:

I'm sorry, but we cannot sell our best players and expect to move forward. That's what Tottenham do ffs.

Original post by doggyfizzel
Of course, he's made up his mind he is leaving. Best get rid of him now, while Barca "need" him, rather than them bring in some other kid, not buy him and he leaves on a free. Arsenal have had the best years of Fabregas, even if he improves, his heart isn't in it.

Original post by Colonel.
Fabby can get to **** tbh.

It'll be the Henry effect, everyone will be out from his shadow.

I love how you are all belittling Fabregas because he wants to leave.
First of all Barca won't pay 40 million for someone who'll break into first team in 2-3 years so we'll have to settle for something like 25-30.

2nd he is the 2nd best 23 year old player behind Messi.

He is our best player without a shed of a doubt and did I mention he is only 23?

How do you want us to rebuild if we are letting our best player leave?

If Fab leaves,Nasri will want to leave,Rvp Might want to leave etc.It'll be a multiplier effect.

And besides who in the world does what Fabregas does as good or better than him?

I can't believe you're saying that we've had his best years when the kid is 23.

Fabregas,Nasri,RvP and even Wilshere to some extent are tired of their teammates and Wenger.It's not even funny anymore. If any of these 4 players don't play perfectly well we just lose? That's a joke.
Reply 9343
Last summer he was intending to leave more than this season and this summer the fans wants him to leave more than he does! :p:
Reply 9344

He said it last year? He's not the type to ask for a transfer request/publicly say he wants to leave.

Most of the transfer suggestion on here are straight FM inspired. All unrealistic or luxury buys, not really addressing why you need a couple of transfers.

True. It's difficult to think of players who are experienced and we can afford. We definitely don't need any more promising youngsters though.

But he has said about wanting to play for Barca in the future.....
Original post by Kevmeister
But he has said about wanting to play for Barca in the future.....

Yeah, but I think every player from Iberia wants to play for Madrid or Barcelona. That's part of the football culture.

But his noises this year have said he's happy at Arsenal and wants to stay to win something. Plain and simple. People love to try to find information that isn't there.
Yeah, but I think every player from Iberia wants to play for Madrid or Barcelona. That's part of the football culture.

But his noises this year have said he's happy at Arsenal and wants to stay to win something. Plain and simple. People love to try to find information that isn't there.

What? He's from Catalonia, and came from Barca's academy, he's not just one of those Spanish ***** that wants to play for Barca/Madrid because they're the biggest clubs in Spain.....

He originally came from Barcelona in fact, Some of the Barcelona players now, grew up with Fabregas when they were in the youth team.
If you were to watch an actual game and not know who the players were the player that would seem like they were most dedicated the club would be Fabregas. Yeah he wants to player for Barca but that doesn't mean he wants to leave Arsenal or he's unhappy at Arsenal, he's never said that he would just love to play for Barca one day...
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
He originally came from Barcelona in fact, Some of the Barcelona players now, grew up with Fabregas when they were in the youth team.

Original post by Kevmeister
What? He's from Catalonia, and came from Barca's academy, he's not just one of those Spanish ***** that wants to play for Barca/Madrid because they're the biggest clubs in Spain.....

Wow. I completely didn't know that. Thanks.

It changes nothing. Do people think Cesc just thinks Arsenal are a gateway team? The guy loves Arsenal, says it all the time. I think everyone knows he wants to play for Barca, but that's almost a moot point because we knew that when we signed him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Sell RvP, that's your first step towards greatness.
Reply 9352
Original post by Colonel.
Sell RvP, that's your first step towards greatness.

No thanks.
Original post by Theconomist
I love how you are all belittling Fabregas because he wants to leave.
1. First of all Barca won't pay 40 million for someone who'll break into first team in 2-3 years so we'll have to settle for something like 25-30.

2. 2nd he is the 2nd best 23 year old player behind Messi.

3. He is our best player without a shed of a doubt and did I mention he is only 23?

4. How do you want us to rebuild if we are letting our best player leave?

5. If Fab leaves,Nasri will want to leave,Rvp Might want to leave etc.It'll be a multiplier effect.

6. And besides who in the world does what Fabregas does as good or better than him?

7. I can't believe you're saying that we've had his best years when the kid is 23.

I have in no way belittled him. 1 contradicts 2 and 1 contradicts 6.

Barca have already put in a £30m bid which was rejected, I would expect them to go up to £35m, they arguably wasted £34m for a 29 year old Villa, and in the process lost a **** load, ~£50m on Ibra. I think they could easily hit £40m for a 23 year old.

Whether Fabregas leaves or not, is not in Arsenal's control Barca have indicated they want him, and he clearly want to play for them. He has 3 years remaining on his current deal, I doubt he wil sign another, which means you either sell him or he leaves on a free. As with United and Ronaldo, its about waiting for the right price to be offered.

There will be no multipier effect if Arsenal suitably replace right away.

You have had his best years because you have had the years he was motivated for success with Arsenal. He won a WC with Spain, in which he assisted with the goal in the final. The fact he has not won anything has nothing to do his ability.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have in no way belittled him. 1 contradicts 2 and 1 contradicts 6.

Barca have already put in a £30m bid which was rejected, I would expect them to go up to £35m, they arguably wasted £34m for a 29 year old Villa, and in the process lost a **** load, ~£50m on Ibra. I think they could easily hit £40m for a 23 year old.

Whether Fabregas leaves or not, is not in Arsenal's control Barca have indicated they want him, and he clearly want to play for them. He has 3 years remaining on his current deal, I doubt he wil sign another, which means you either sell him or he leaves on a free. As with United and Ronaldo, its about waiting for the right price to be offered.

There will be no multipier effect if Arsenal suitably replace right away.

Wasted 34 mill on villa?

Villa. 10 assists 18 goals in La liga only.Hardly wasted.He's got better stats than Dzeko,Suarez,Caroll, Torres and Bent mixed together.

And they are getting 24 million from Milan this summer.

Ibrahimovich shirt sales were 30 million in the first month alone.Trust me they haven't lost any money+ he scored in 2 classicos

1 doesn't contradict 6.I was talking about us buying someone of the same caliber as Fabregas.

Honestly.Let's say we even get the 40 million for him.Who do we buy to replace him?

This summer is the last before financial fair play bull**** comes along which means you'll see MASSIVE bucks being spent. Someone like Hazard could be as expensive as 50 million.We don't know yet.
Ganso,Neymar are moving which will push prices up like hell since both are young and european unproven.

Have you seen Thiago lately?

Barcelona don't want Fabregas, Guardiola does.And guardiola is leaving Barca next year.

This summer will be interesting and **** will hit the fans.

My prediction? Chelsea will buy Fab.
Wasted 34 mill on villa?

Villa. 10 assists 18 goals in La liga only.Hardly wasted.He's got better stats than Dzeko,Suarez,Caroll, Torres and Bent mixed together.

Ibrahimovich shirt sales were 30 million in the first month alone.Trust me they haven't lost any money+ he scored in 2 classicos

1 doesn't contradict 6.I was talking about us buying someone of the same caliber as Fabregas.

Honestly.Let's say we even get the 40 million for him.Who do we buy to replace him?

This summer is the last before financial fair play bull**** comes along which means you'll see MASSIVE bucks being spent. Someone like Hazard could be as expensive as 50 million.We don't know yet.
Ganso,Neymar are moving which will push prices up like hell since both are young and european unproven.

Barcelona don't want Fabregas, Guardiola does.And guardiola is leaving Barca next year.

I have more of a chance or signing for Chelsea than Fabregas. Fabregas will NEVER sign for Chelsea. You seemed sane until you said this

Xavi is 30+....

And Guardiola is leaving Barca next year?
Wasted 34 mill on villa?

Villa has offered no more than Ibra did. In term and goals and assist the difference is marginal. Barca bought him for 66m euros( massively under sold on eto valued at 20m euro?) , and will sell for 24m this summer. Villa cost 40m euros. He was a waste of money, as he offered nothing they didn't already have and is going to have no resale value. He stats are no where near those mixed together, Bent Carrol have 28 goals between them alone, and its a pointless comparison as La Liga is full of crap teams.

They didn't get 30m in additional shirt sales. end of.
EDIT: United sell the most shirts of any team at 1.5m a year, average profit on a shirt is $12. Thats for the entire team, Barca sell the 4th most shirts in the world. Nike/Adidas make no profit?

1 does contradict 6. Who does do what he does better than him? Yet he is not worth £40m? That makes no sense.

Every player is replaceable, through 1 buy, a combination, or a change of tactics. Just because there is no name everyone knows doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Fair play will have a smaller effect than people think. Benefactors can still contribute 45m that is 1 marquee signing every two season, reduced to 30 later on. There are ways to get round it assuming you benefactor has other interests.

I have Thiago, but that doesn't mean Barca won't buy, they have a very shallow team as it is. I haven't seen anywhere Barca don't want Fabregas, they authorised a 30m bid for him, his Spain team mates supported the move. I still don't buy he is necessarily leaving, all that is based on 1 sentence he has said once.

I don't think Chelsea will buy him, I also don't think he would leave Arsenal for another EPL club.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9358
Villa has offered no more than Ibra did. In term and goals and assist the difference is marginal. Barca bought him for 66m euros( massively under sold on eto valued at 20m euro?) , and will sell for 24m this summer. Villa cost 40m euros. He was a waste of money, as he offered nothing they didn't already have and is going to have no resale value. He stats are no where near those mixed together, Bent Carrol have 28 goals between them alone, and its a pointless comparison as La Liga is full of crap teams.

They didn't get 30m in additional shirt sales. end of.
EDIT: United sell the most shirts of any team at 1.5m a year, average profit on a shirt is $12. Thats for the entire team, Barca sell the 4th most shirts in the world. Nike/Adidas make no profit?

1 does contradict 6. Who does do what he does better than him? Yet he is not worth £40m? That makes no sense.

Every player is replaceable, through 1 buy, a combination, or a change of tactics. Just because there is no name everyone knows doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Fair play will have a smaller effect than people think. Benefactors can still contribute 45m that is 1 marquee signing every two season, reduced to 30 later on. There are ways to get round it assuming you benefactor has other interests.

I have Thiago, but that doesn't mean Barca won't buy, they have a very shallow team as it is. I haven't seen anywhere Barca don't want Fabregas, they authorised a 30m bid for him, his Spain team mates supported the move. I still don't buy he is necessarily leaving, all that is based on 1 sentence he has said once.

I don't think Chelsea will buy him, I also don't think he would leave Arsenal for another EPL club.

Think you are wrong there everytime Ibra got the ball he slowed it down Villa is a much better fit in the Barca system were the forwards all can play as a winger or striker.
Original post by MoMatrix
Think you are wrong there everytime Ibra got the ball he slowed it down Villa is a much better fit in the Barca system were the forwards all can play as a winger or striker.
I didn't mean it like, I meant in terms of pure figues. Although, Ibra does provide an aerial threat and a strength that Villa doesn't. I think he does fit their system better, but not by much.

Latest