The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9360
Original post by Theconomist

Wasted 34 mill on villa?

Villa. 10 assists 18 goals in La liga only.Hardly wasted.He's got better stats than Dzeko,Suarez,Caroll, Torres and Bent mixed together.

And they are getting 24 million from Milan this summer.

Ibrahimovich shirt sales were 30 million in the first month alone.Trust me they haven't lost any money+ he scored in 2 classicos

1 doesn't contradict 6.I was talking about us buying someone of the same caliber as Fabregas.

Honestly.Let's say we even get the 40 million for him.Who do we buy to replace him?

This summer is the last before financial fair play bull**** comes along which means you'll see MASSIVE bucks being spent. Someone like Hazard could be as expensive as 50 million.We don't know yet.
Ganso,Neymar are moving which will push prices up like hell since both are young and european unproven.

Have you seen Thiago lately?

Barcelona don't want Fabregas, Guardiola does.And guardiola is leaving Barca next year.

This summer will be interesting and **** will hit the fans.

My prediction? Chelsea will buy Fab.

The January transfer window was the last one with no effect upon the FFR as far as I remember :holmes:
Reply 9361
Original post by doggyfizzel

Villa has offered no more than Ibra did. In term and goals and assist the difference is marginal. Barca bought him for 66m euros( massively under sold on eto valued at 20m euro?) , and will sell for 24m this summer. Villa cost 40m euros. He was a waste of money, as he offered nothing they didn't already have and is going to have no resale value. He stats are no where near those mixed together, Bent Carrol have 28 goals between them alone, and its a pointless comparison as La Liga is full of crap teams.

They didn't get 30m in additional shirt sales. end of.
EDIT: United sell the most shirts of any team at 1.5m a year, average profit on a shirt is $12. Thats for the entire team, Barca sell the 4th most shirts in the world. Nike/Adidas make no profit?

1 does contradict 6. Who does do what he does better than him? Yet he is not worth £40m? That makes no sense.

Every player is replaceable, through 1 buy, a combination, or a change of tactics. Just because there is no name everyone knows doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Fair play will have a smaller effect than people think. Benefactors can still contribute 45m that is 1 marquee signing every two season, reduced to 30 later on. There are ways to get round it assuming you benefactor has other interests.

I have Thiago, but that doesn't mean Barca won't buy, they have a very shallow team as it is. I haven't seen anywhere Barca don't want Fabregas, they authorised a 30m bid for him, his Spain team mates supported the move. I still don't buy he is necessarily leaving, all that is based on 1 sentence he has said once.

I don't think Chelsea will buy him, I also don't think he would leave Arsenal for another EPL club.

It is £45m over three years then £30m over two then no investment in playing staff, only infrastructure.
There also has to be a show of attempting to work your way out of debt.
Oh and there has to be arms length dealing in terms of companies. So sheik mansour can't just sponsor city for a billion pounds etc.
Reply 9362
Original post by Kevmeister
Xavi is 30+....

And Guardiola is leaving Barca next year?

Xavi is 31.

Pep said some months ago, he is not sure if he will stay beyond summer 2012, hence, he signed a 1 year extension in February.

Villa is much more helpful for Barca than Ibra was, with Pep telling the media numerous times "Don't judge Villa by the number of goals he scores".
Original post by Mess.
It is £45m over three years then £30m over two then no investment in playing staff, only infrastructure.
There also has to be a show of attempting to work your way out of debt.
Oh and there has to be arms length dealing in terms of companies. So sheik mansour can't just sponsor city for a billion pounds etc.
I think the bolded bits are the other way round.

There are ways round.

You can make a loss of up to £45m if the shareholders can pay it off as equity. Which there is no rule to stop them re-purchasing that at a later date. With owners such as the Glazers running the company out of Delware where the owner don't need to be named, this could easily be exploited.

There are also various ways of increasing the clubs revenue artificially.

The rules will have to adapt, clubs will find ways to avoid the rules. Although I don't think we will see spending continue in the same way, they will never achieve their ultimate aim.
Original post by jit987
Villa is much more helpful for Barca than Ibra was, with Pep telling the media numerous times "Don't judge Villa by the number of goals he scores".
That's what all managers say when strikers don't score as often as expected, SAF has said the same of Berbatov, he still gets dropped in favour of Hernandez who contributes little but goals.
Reply 9365
That's what all managers say when strikers don't score as often as expected, SAF has said the same of Berbatov, he still gets dropped in favour of Hernandez who contributes little but goals.

Even though he didn't score any goals before this weekend, Pep knew if he doesn't score, he contributes quite alot to both Messi and Pedro and by that I don't mean assist, but creating space for others to move into. I think Pep prefers a striker who is quick and agile, rather than a static forward who will create less scoring chances himself.
Reply 9366
Starting to worry that we will lose third place to Man City. We could well lose three points this weekend which would put city a point ahead should they win all their games in hand. What a disgrace that would be....
Reply 9367
Original post by jit987
Even though he didn't score any goals before this weekend, Pep knew if he doesn't score, he contributes quite alot to both Messi and Pedro and by that I don't mean assist, but creating space for others to move into. I think Pep prefers a striker who is quick and agile, rather than a static forward who will create less scoring chances himself.

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick there Ibra creates many more chances for himself than Villa as he is the more skillful player, Villa likes to play on the shoulder of defenders timing his runs to beat the offside trap.
Can't believe people want Fabregas to leave. Have you not seen how terrible this team played without him?
We THOUGHT Nasri could maybe replace but no way is that true after what we've seen this season.
Jack is frankly miles behind Fabregas at the moment. Who could we buy who would replace him?
Original post by jit987
Xavi is 31.

Pep said some months ago, he is not sure if he will stay beyond summer 2012, hence, he signed a 1 year extension in February.

Hence why I said 30+, and a reason for Barca to want Cesc - Xavi can't be expected to play 50+ games a season for much longer, tbh.

Pep has said this each year before signing a one year extension - he's playing hard ball with the board, little more. He'll be at Barca for a very long time, imo.
Original post by Okinawa
Starting to worry that we will lose third place to Man City. We could well lose three points this weekend which would put city a point ahead should they win all their games in hand. What a disgrace that would be....

If this scenario unfolds expect an almight rant from Wenger about City's spending, despite it being within the rules.

Or else he'll say third is good enough 'for this group of players'.
Reply 9372
If this scenario unfolds expect an almight rant from Wenger about City's spending, despite it being within the rules.

:laugh:
Reply 9373
Only Arsenal could come third in a two horse title race.
Villa has offered no more than Ibra did. In term and goals and assist the difference is marginal. Barca bought him for 66m euros( massively under sold on eto valued at 20m euro?) , and will sell for 24m this summer. Villa cost 40m euros. He was a waste of money, as he offered nothing they didn't already have and is going to have no resale value. He stats are no where near those mixed together, Bent Carrol have 28 goals between them alone, and its a pointless comparison as La Liga is full of crap teams.

They didn't get 30m in additional shirt sales. end of.
EDIT: United sell the most shirts of any team at 1.5m a year, average profit on a shirt is $12. Thats for the entire team, Barca sell the 4th most shirts in the world. Nike/Adidas make no profit?

1 does contradict 6. Who does do what he does better than him? Yet he is not worth £40m? That makes no sense.

Every player is replaceable, through 1 buy, a combination, or a change of tactics. Just because there is no name everyone knows doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Fair play will have a smaller effect than people think. Benefactors can still contribute 45m that is 1 marquee signing every two season, reduced to 30 later on. There are ways to get round it assuming you benefactor has other interests.

I have Thiago, but that doesn't mean Barca won't buy, they have a very shallow team as it is. I haven't seen anywhere Barca don't want Fabregas, they authorised a 30m bid for him, his Spain team mates supported the move. I still don't buy he is necessarily leaving, all that is based on 1 sentence he has said once.

I don't think Chelsea will buy him, I also don't think he would leave Arsenal for another EPL club.

Mate just between the two of us.Wouldn't you rather have Wenger get a few good PROVEN names so that Fab stays and we steamroll next season?
Original post by jit987
:laugh:

I don't see what's in any way funny about what I posted, tbh....
Mate just between the two of us.Wouldn't you rather have Wenger get a few good PROVEN names so that Fab stays and we steamroll next season?

He's a Utd fan, so I don't think he'd want that..... a few proven players? You'll be lucky if Wenger stumps up the cash for one. Mind you, Squid was a proven player.....
He's a Utd fan, so I don't think he'd want that..... a few proven players? You'll be lucky if Wenger stumps up the cash for one. Mind you, Squid was a proven player.....

I'm talking people such as Charlie Adam,Scott Parker,Ever Banega,Cavani,Sisse and such.
Reply 9378
I don't see what's in any way funny about what I posted, tbh....

Not aimed at you, but at Wenger.
Original post by Okinawa

that thought crossed my mind but realistically it's not happening, unless we draw all the rest of our games - United is a doubt, I have mixed thoughts on what the result will be for that tbh... Losing 2nd has been more than enough though

Latest