The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMasterKey
Do you reckon they might have a mid-point where they both know roughly half of each other and it's in that time they travel together and then when they depart the Doctor meets her younger and younger knowing it all with River going in the other direction knowing it all.

I reckon they'll probably have one last moment where they both know almost everything about each other, before River goes to the library.
Original post by Aula
"At the same time as merchants discovered the price of Time they were exploring Space."

Why do I feel like I'm still thinking about doctor who whilst working on my dissertation? :mmm:

"That the medieval merchant should conquer both time and space together is a matter worthy of greater attention on the part of art historians and sociologists."

Yes, it certainly is

Also, I think this is a reasonable description of Doctor Who, with one slight adjustment:

"Jumps in Time were disregarded and different episodes placed side by side to form a story from which the vagaries of Time were excluded by the will of [Moffat], who had determined its every stage from the very beginning"

'Hippy' 'Archaeologist' :tongue:

Personally I'm not that into Archaeology but am into Ancient History and History. My friend would kill me for saying that as he's an archaeologist. In fact my department is the School of Archaeology and Ancient History.

Either way the doctor should take just a historian (like me :colondollar:) rather than an archeaologist with him.
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
I reckon they'll probably have one last moment where they both know almost everything about each other, before River goes to the library.

And the Doctor then cries knowing that the time has come for her to go to the library as she told him in the library that, that was the penultimate time they met.

Which must be heart-breaking for future doctor really.
Reply 8883

Personally I'm not that into Archaeology but am into Ancient History and History. My friend would kill me for saying that as he's an archaeologist. In fact my department is the School of Archaeology and Ancient History.

Either way the doctor should take just a historian (like me :colondollar:) rather than an archeaologist with him.

Yeah, I liked that line :h:
Nah, historians are into the written stuff. It's the archaeologists who deserve to see the actual things :cool:

I would love to be a companion :moon:
Okay... so I decided I wouldn't post on this thread til after next ep as I missed the posting on the actual evening, and it's too big/awesome/intimidating a community to jump in in the wrong place (so I've been lurking ever since!) and I'd stick to digispy forum. However this is too big to not know about and I must post must post must post!!! :biggrin: :awesome:

However, I've found the spoiler on DoctorWhotv and read through many pages of thread but is there anywhere else I should be looking for more info? I feel like now I know, I may as well go for it (in for penny, in for a pound etc).

Scary because yes, Timeboy has got such a great record of accuracy so it seems highly likely to me. Massive shame it's released if so.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
x

Original post by sleekchic
x

Original post by Aula
x

Can I crash your spoilerific conference pms? I'm nice :awesome:
Anyone else think it's possible for River to be "downloaded" out of CAL and into human (assuming she is human) form again? :holmes:
Reply 8886

Although, if you do ancient history, do you speak Latin? :ninja:
Reply 8887
Original post by aaran-j

Original post by aaran-j
Anyone else think it's possible for River to be "downloaded" out of CAL and into human (assuming she is human) form again?

I don't think so. He human body is dead, it's only her soul (in a Doctor Who sense) that's in CAL now.
Original post by Aula
I don't think so. He human body is dead, it's only her soul (in a Doctor Who sense) that's in CAL now.

I believe the point was that she could be put in to a different body.

I believe it is possible, but The Doctor wouldn't do that. The dead stay dead, and all that.
Original post by BookWormShanti
Okay... so I decided I wouldn't post on this thread til after next ep as I missed the posting on the actual evening, and it's too big/awesome/intimidating a community to jump in in the wrong place (so I've been lurking ever since!) and I'd stick to digispy forum. However this is too big to not know about and I must post must post must post!!! :biggrin: :awesome:

However, I've found the spoiler on DoctorWhotv and read through many pages of thread but is there anywhere else I should be looking for more info? I feel like now I know, I may as well go for it (in for penny, in for a pound etc).

Scary because yes, Timeboy has got such a great record of accuracy so it seems highly likely to me. Massive shame it's released if so.

Can I crash your spoilerific conference pms? I'm nice :awesome:

There was no conference PM. :sad: Although I had a really indepth but interesting conversation with Ape.

We aren't really intimidating tbh so feel free to jump in.

If you know about Timeboy then you must already know about Gallifrey Base. If you haven't already signed up to it, then do so. Last year there was a massive spoiler thread and there's one there for this series but I haven't actually been on there laltely.
Original post by Aula
Although, if you do ancient history, do you speak Latin? :ninja:

A bit yes. I did a language tools module in it. Hopefully I can get onto the Classical and Post Classical course next year. I can't see any problems as I was second in the year with the Language Tools this year. (Although the course is also available to History (so me again) and English students)

I wish I could travel in the tardis just so I was fluent in every single language in the universe! :tardis::moon:
My essay is about the future of TV - I shall be mentioning Doctor Who. I tend to mention Doctor Who in all of my essays. Yay for doing Television Production <3
Reply 8892
Original post by LastLordofTime

Original post by LastLordofTime
My essay is about the future of TV - I shall be mentioning Doctor Who. I tend to mention Doctor Who in all of my essays. Yay for doing Television Production &lt;3

Yay!

I don't think I can get away with mentioning Doctor Who in mine :no:

I do wish this author wouldn't keep putting in phrases in Latin that don't seem to make sense when they come out of the translator :angry:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
You choose DigitalSpy over us? We are such a friendly and welcoming community. :awesome:

Gallifey Base is the only place really. The spoiler and speculation section. And considering 99% of spoilers come from there/sourced from there.

If you've seen the other things Timeboy has posted, you haven't missed much except speculation. :tongue:

And welcome to our humble abode. :h: Better stick around and post often. :whip:

I'm sorry... it was because I couldn't face the awesomeness? That suitably fawning? I'm sure you are! Oh - I intend to. Doctor Who is my biggest love/fandom obsession so god knows how I stayed away til now! I've made a GB account now.
Original post by sleekchic
There was no conference PM. :sad: Although I had a really indepth but interesting conversation with Ape.

We aren't really intimidating tbh so feel free to jump in.

If you know about Timeboy then you must already know about Gallifrey Base. If you haven't already signed up to it, then do so. Last year there was a massive spoiler thread and there's one there for this series but I haven't actually been on there laltely.

Yeah - but never signed up - have now :smile:
Original post by Aula
Yay!

I don't think I can get away with mentioning Doctor Who in mine :no:

I do wish this author wouldn't keep putting in phrases in Latin that don't seem to make sense when they come out of the translator :angry:

Where have you found a latin translator?
This would help my latin a lot
Original post by aaran-j
Anyone else think it's possible for River to be "downloaded" out of CAL and into human (assuming she is human) form again? :holmes:

What, like a Cylon?:ninja::colone:
My essay question is...

Spoiler

4000 words.
Original post by sheep_go_baa
What, like a Cylon?:ninja::colone:

+1 for getting Tricia Helfer in to Doctor Who.
Oh, I'm no longer a sub :frown: Looks like I'm stuck with this avatar then...
Original post by Aula

Yes, but if you think about it, when Donna was "saved" surely it didn't save her physical self as a mass of cells, but as data. If that data is able to replicate River within CAL as Donna was, surely it would be able to use that data to create a physical River, as it did when Donna was "downloaded" back at the end of FotD?

EDIT - Probably haven't worded that in a way that makes sense, but you get the general gist. :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest