The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Theconomist
Mate just between the two of us.Wouldn't you rather have Wenger get a few good PROVEN names so that Fab stays and we steamroll next season?
As Kev has pointed out, I'm probably not the best person to ask what I would like to see.

I don't think Fab is staying, regardless of who comes or goes. I think Wenger needs to get rid of Squid, he's a waste of space who at 25 isn't getting much better, bring in a youngster with some promise. The main thing is a second striker if Chamakh is not the man, RVP has been in brilliant form, yet you find yourselves in 3rd place, if he hadn't been around you would have been well and truly screwed this half of the season.
Reply 9381
Original post by Theconomist
I'm talking people such as Charlie Adam,Scott Parker,Ever Banega,Cavani,Sisse and such.

Only player out of those who is Arsenal level is Cavani.
Original post by MoMatrix

Sisske scored 20 goals, banega is a stater for argentina, scott parker is currently better than lampard
Original post by MoMatrix

Scott Parker would make it into our squad without a doubt. He can cover for anyone in CM
Original post by CB91

And what exactly is your logical argument? All you've done is slag Barcelona off, yet not said anything about the fact they've won the CL 2 times in the last 5 years.

Not a Barcelona fan boy, just sick of people over-rating the PL and under-rating every other league. And I've been to plenty of games thanks.

I've not said a word about the media.

Manchester United will have been in 3 finals in 4 years if they overcome Schalke in the second leg. At least concede that they are Both are good teams with good records in Europe. You haven't been giving any credit to united.

If you have been watching the Barcelona vs Real Madrid games look how boring their games are. They just fall down and fight a lot, crowd around the referee and the pace is very slow. I prefer the PL that doesn't mean I am under-rating "every other league" just saying I think the PL is better. PL games are played at a high pace and are more exciting that is just my opinion.

You enjoy watching barca and the way they play "tika taka"/pass pass football and I like watching high paced counter attacking PL style games.
Original post by Darth Maul
Manchester United will have been in 3 finals in 4 years if they overcome Schalke in the second leg. At least concede that they are Both are good teams with good records in Europe. You haven't been giving any credit to united.

If you have been watching the Barcelona vs Real Madrid games look how boring their games are. They just fall down and fight a lot, crowd around the referee and the pace is very slow. I prefer the PL that doesn't mean I am under-rating "every other league" just saying I think the PL is better. PL games are played at a high pace and are more exciting that is just my opinion.

You enjoy watching barca and the way they play "tika taka"/pass pass football and I like watching high paced counter attacking PL style games.

I've said in other threads that Man United are a very good team. And the ties aren't over yet, anything can happen.

Messi. :sexface:
utd vs barca ...what a vomit inducing final
Y'know, for all people bang on about Arsenal emulating Barcelona and as majestic as Messi's second goal was, if it meant having people like Busquets and Alves in the side, I'd really rather not. It's criminal how such a glorious goal on such an occasion isn't all there is to talk about.
Reply 9388
Original post by antonfigo

Spot on son, spot on.

No doubt I will be supporting United though. It's difficult not to after that farce of a game.
That Messi is a bit special.
El theatrico?
Original post by Hantheman
That Messi is a bit special.

People clearly aren't taking Eboue into account when they label Messi as the best player in the world. :wink:
I actually hate spanish football with a passion. I missed the second goal because I got too ****ing sick of their cheating.

For once I shall be supporting United in the final
From a purely Arsenal perspective, I'm prouder of my team after seeing Madrid get thumped at home. We won our leg!
Reply 9394
Original post by Harry-AA
I missed the second goal because I got too ****ing sick of their cheating.

I know :facepalm2:
That Messi is something else, Oh what I'd give for him at Arsenal haha :sexface:
Messi on 52 goals lol
Original post by Zionic
Only Arsenal could come third in a two horse title race.

HAHAHA, true, I want a losing streak for us so that whoever is in charge finally replaces Wenger, he was good in his day but now he is way past his sell by date IMHO of course.
Following Bolton's cupfinal against us, they have crumbled against Fulham.

I hope Arsene Wenger calls Owen Coyle et al. and tuts loudly down the phone when this **** happens. Disgusting bull****.

Latest