The Student Room Group

Faking/Editing GCSE results

Lets say you edit your statement of results and change a 'D' grade to a 'C' grade when applying for a sixth form. Is there anyway they may find out instantly or no? Would you be able to get away with it if it looked legit?

Statement of results btw, not the actual certificate
Reply 1
They are a sixth form, not a corner shop, yes they will check.
Reply 2
Yes, you could get sent to prison for up to five years... DONT DO IT
Reply 3
Wouldn't recommend it. You could get in pretty serious trouble for trying to scam them when they find out, and they will find out.

Assuming you're talking about yourself and it isn't a hypothetical question, and that you want to try this because you don't think the sixth form will take you with your actual grade:

Try asking if they'll take you if you resit during y12, I knew people who did that at my sixth form with Maths and English.
Original post by becca_m
Wouldn't recommend it. You could get in pretty serious trouble for trying to scam them when they find out, and they will find out.

Assuming you're talking about yourself and it isn't a hypothetical question, and that you want to try this because you don't think the sixth form will take you with your actual grade:

Try asking if they'll take you if you resit during y12, I knew people who did that at my sixth form with Maths and English.

a C in maths, english nd science is compulsory so they prob had it rather than wanted to.
Reply 5
Original post by Tommyjw
They are a sixth form, not a corner shop, yes they will check.

Isn't the data protection act that the exam boards don't give out personal information? How long would it be before they actually check?
Reply 6
Not recommended , they will want the official statement of results which will be printed on your school's letter head. If they dont print it on the letter head then you would be expected to have the Head teacher's signature on the paper. Thats what happened to me and my brother coz we applied to grammar schools :smile:
why would you do that?? most colleges ask to see certificates anyway.
Not worth the jail time mate
Original post by Imtosmart
Not worth the jail time mate

11yr old thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest