The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Meh. It wasn't great. Certainly not particularly gripping or well-acted.

To re-watch Sin Nombre I think (only watched it once); because everyone knows the Mexican gangs are the most interesting. :bandit:
Retarded ****ing people on TSR.
I wonder whom the above comment is about :holmes:
Our mutual friend. Never before has a troll pissed me off so much. Sending private messages to try and desperately break down my argument in private, so as not to get owned in public. Making retarded claims. I shouldn't get so pissed over the internet. But urgh.
Original post by Jace Falco
It's lifted from here.

Thanks very much, Jace. Bookmarked.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Our mutual friend. Never before has a troll pissed me off so much. Sending private messages to try and desperately break down my argument in private, so as not to get owned in public. Making retarded claims. I shouldn't get so pissed over the internet. But urgh.

How long until he uses this in an argument against you?
Original post by cambo211
How long until he uses this in an argument against you?

Not long. Wouldn't be surprised if he actively stalks my posts, using random and irrelevant words as evidence in nonsensical arguments. Trying to make sense or even argue against him is like trying to watch a David Lynch film and understand it completely.
Aww your first Tsr stalker Ape? :biggrin: some people can be odd...

Anyone hear the news about Arnie returning for the next terminator film, yeah that is pretty epic. Can't wait for the next one actually - same for Jurassic Park on that note, long overdue
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Aww your first Tsr stalker Ape? :biggrin: some people can be odd...

Anyone hear the news about Arnie returning for the next terminator film, yeah that is pretty epic. Can't wait for the next one actually - same for Jurassic Park on that note, long overdue

Not my first. Not by a long shot.

Oh yeah. Yes, it would be. He looks out of shape, but it's Arnie. Don't care if it's the fanboy, awesome news.

On March 6, 2011, at the Arnold Seminar of the Arnold Classic, Schwarzenegger revealed that he was being courted for more than fifteen films, including sequels to The Terminator and remakes of Predator and The Running Man

Running Man and Predator remakes? A bit strange to remake a film you were in, starring yourself. Again.
Not my first. Not by a long shot.

Oh yeah. Yes, it would be. He looks out of shape, but it's Arnie. Don't care if it's the fanboy, awesome news.

Running Man and Predator remakes? A bit strange to remake a film you were in, starring yourself. Again.

hah fair enough - I know, he can still make it work and besides CGI is great nowadays. I'm wondering what the next one will be, pre-prequel, another sequel... I just wouldn't want it turning into a generic post apoc sci-fi film and losing the film of being a terminator film if that makes sense

lol Sounds like something he'd do, anyway :cool: wow I'm kinda tired, but it's royal wedding tomorrow woooo :indiff:
So THOR was quite good I thought... not amazing (not up to Iron Man I/II standards I think) but a good precursor to The Avengers. Also I've never before found Natalie Portman attractive but she was in this...strange...
Sounds like Thor is worth checking out then.

Crazy Paving
This message has been deleted by Crazy Paving. Reason: No, I'm apes first stalker. :blush:

:holmes:

hah fair enough - I know, he can still make it work and besides CGI is great nowadays. I'm wondering what the next one will be, pre-prequel, another sequel... I just wouldn't want it turning into a generic post apoc sci-fi film and losing the film of being a terminator film if that makes sense

lol Sounds like something he'd do, anyway :cool: wow I'm kinda tired, but it's royal wedding tomorrow woooo :indiff:

CGI is brilliant, you only have to look at Arnold's cameo in Salvation. I thought he had made a comeback at first. Not sure if they can go back to 'current' day settings, so I'm guessing it would have to be a sequel - set in the post-apocalyptic world. They could reboot the 'sequel' trilogy - as in start again from after the third film. That would be good. Or maybe have another story entirely and forget about the Connor family. I understand what you mean by the generic setting, Terminator films have always been setting in the 'current' era - which was better. I'd rather see Terminators in the current era with a real focus on story than a future setting with a bland story.

Yeah, wedding. Think I might watching a film during.
(edited 12 years ago)
Loving the signature image you have. Sat and watched that loop around for a while.

Jah, it's pretty awesome. :biggrin:

I just wouldn't want it turning into a generic post apoc sci-fi film and losing the film of being a terminator film if that makes sense

That already happened with Salvation.
Immortals trailer is up. 300 meets Clash of the Titans.

Meh
Original post by Phalanges
Jah, it's pretty awesome. :biggrin:

That already happened with Salvation.

Lol arguable, another disliker of Salvation right? how did you find Bale in the film as a whole, liked him?

Darn I was gonna post that. Looks pretty sick, I like some of those ridiculously over the top scenes, it does kinda look like a video game but a good one. Set in ancient greece

Lol arguable, another disliker of Salvation right? how did you find Bale in the film as a whole, liked him?

It's not so much that I disliked it (I actually thought it was perfectly functional as an action film), it's that it just wasn't Terminator in feel, tone or content. It felt so much closer to something like War of the Worlds than the original trilogy, and that's why even though it was probably a better film than T3 on it's own, it was worse as part of the series.

I think Bale went through a pretty big acting slump around that time. He didn't impress me too much in The Dark Knight, he didn't do anything in this and he was just completely outclassed by Depp in Public Enemies to the point where it started to detract from the film. Luckily he seems to have found his stride again recently.

Have you seen The Fall by the same director? That was a beautiful film, and Immortals looks good too.

Also, Superman has a villainess, according to Empire.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30820

She was Ok in Pandorum, which was an Ok film.
I remember watching Some Like It Hot in as part of some anniversary or film festival out in this square in Nice. It was awesome, even Tony Curtis was there. It made me appreciate the film even more, the atmosphere was just brilliant due to the square being packed. This was like July 2006, so the same time that France were in the semi-finals and final of the World Cup. :awesome:
Original post by NikNakWakAtak
Have you seen The Fall by the same director? That was a beautiful film, and Immortals looks good too.

Initially thought you meant 'Fallen'. I have not seen 'The Fall'. I've just had a look at the trailer, it certainly looks like a strange film - like Big Fish and the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Tempted to check it out. The only film I've seen directed by Tarsem Singh was The Cell, which I loved. It got slated by critics, though Ebert praised it highly. Have you seen that?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending