The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by lemonade789
I got the internship through a friend, who had an internship himself but didn't want to work alone! the work i did was really basic but i got to sit in on a couple of meetings, which were really interesting!

Have you visited the unis yet? because a huge decider for me was actually what the universities were like.

Ah wow, bet that was so good! Yeah I've booked a couple of open days and will be going this summer, hopefully I'll be able to narrow it down!
I got offers from Queenmary, City and SOAS, not so sure which one to go...
Reply 2262
Original post by sonygirl077

I'd probably choose city, but only because it has good links with the finance industry. If you're not interested in finance then the difference in prospects will be pretty negligible. I'd go with the one that you're most comfortable with spending the next three years at.
yh city is good for business course but i know economics and business are different. In terms of economics ranking, soas is much higher than the other two unis so i am still quite indecisive.
Guys help me to choose the best uni that I got here. Maybe I should start a thread? I prefer Bsc not BA because I don't like too much of reading and I prioritize employment.

I kinda regret not applying to SOAS. Would have been a good leap. Pretty ace for econ as well I hear.
Original post by greebo-man

Original post by greebo-man
I kinda regret not applying to SOAS. Would have been a good leap. Pretty ace for econ as well I hear.

yh i dont know why so many people don't know soas yet it's so highly ranked. So which uni u going ?
yh i dont know why so many people don't know soas yet it's so highly ranked. So which uni u going ?

Manchester I think.
Original post by zanahoria
Guys help me to choose the best uni that I got here. Maybe I should start a thread? I prefer Bsc not BA because I don't like too much of reading and I prioritize employment.

Any of Bristol, Durham or Nottingham will be mathematical. I think Bristol has the most mathematical course but Durham may have the smallest edge on prestige. I'm a first year Bristol Economist and you do have to write several essays during the course of the term only at LSE have I heard that in 1st year you are hardly required to write any essays.
Reply 2269
ahh deadline in 3 days. still cant decide between leeds and nottingham
Original post by cm_123
ahh deadline in 3 days. still cant decide between leeds and nottingham

You are me, but I'm manc and cardiff. :frown:
Reply 2271
I can't decide for my insurance, don't want to put Southampton and then not get into uni but then i don't want to get AAB and end up at Leicester.
Hi everyone, was just wondering if you guys could help me with a little dilemma I have. Basically I applied to universities in a few countries. In UK, I have now got all my replies so I decided to firm Exeter uni for pure Economics. Then I get an email from Tilburg university (Netherlands) who have also decided to give me a place for pure Economics. Which one should I choose? (I assume I can leave England to study elsewhere even if I have firmed a uni there already)

Tilburg has quite a good reputation and I know it is definitely better at Econ than Exeter. However, there are many other factors in determining where I should settle, and so I ask for any suggestions and advice that you could give me regarding my decision.

Much appreciated.
Reply 2273
I cant decide between Exeter and Lancaster??? Any suggestions??? today is the deadline!!!!!!!!!!!! Help
Reply 2274
any IB offers?
Original post by i.love.heroes
Got an offer from Birmingham!
It's my first choice so i'm pretty happy :smile:
Anyone else firming birmingham??

did you do further maths?
Original post by intelchaliph
did you do further maths?

no, i just did maths up to A2. Have you firmed it?
Reply 2277
Original post by i.love.heroes
no, i just did maths up to A2. Have you firmed it?

I'm still bitter than Birmingham rejected me, with absolutely no feedback whatsoever. :tongue:
Original post by Wezzler
I'm still bitter than Birmingham rejected me, with absolutely no feedback whatsoever. :tongue:

On the other hand, I don't give a **** Warwick, Bath and Nottingham rejected me, because I have an offer from Bristol :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Reply 2279
Original post by Glen_Nichols
On the other hand, I don't give a **** Warwick, Bath and Nottingham rejected me, because I have an offer from Bristol :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Agreed!!

Latest

Trending

Trending