The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
Original post by QueenAli
Just had an email reply from MSC Recruitment after asking about Haematology, looks like another week of waiting.

"We are currently quality checking the data and will be sending outcome emails to all the candidates in the next few weeks. You should receive your email at the end of the first week of May or the beginning of the second week"

How much "quality checking" are they doing? It seems to be going on for ever now. When was your interview?
As we all suspected...those who were interviewed first will hear back first.

I'm vascular & was interviewed on the 18th...so, I'll probably hear back at the end of May :frown:
Got my email. On the reserve list. Can't see anyone turning places down to be honest. My friend got a place at King's, kinda gutting, but happy for her.
Reply 2163
But what about the earlier post by triwka saying that the clinical eng results are being emailed out today. When I called yesterday I was told that they were planning to release the med phys results today. I do hope they're not fibbing over the phone.
Reply 2164
Original post by tmx55
But what about the earlier post by triwka saying that the clinical eng results are being emailed out today. When I called yesterday I was told that they were planning to release the med phys results today. I do hope they're not fibbing over the phone.

Oh, it seems they are fibbing on the phone.

We are currently quality checking all the data and will be in a position to email out the outcomes for Medical Physics next week.

Brill.
Original post by bestbefore1989
Got my email. On the reserve list. Can't see anyone turning places down to be honest. My friend got a place at King's, kinda gutting, but happy for her.

Sorry to hear you didn't get a place, but don't despair, you on the reserve list which is still a feat. Who knows...I'm sure not everyone offered positions will accept. Keep the faith.

I know its not what you wanna hear but you did really well to get to the reserve list, well done for that x
Reply 2167

Sorry, failed to see this before my last two outraged posts. I'm sorry you didn't get the news you wanted, but based on the ridiculous volume of applicants I think you've done bloody well. And you never know...

Well done to get that far! If no one drops out at least you know that if you apply next year you've got a bloody good chance of getting in and you won't be a guinea pig for the new scheme. I hope all goes well.
Reply 2169
Original post by nerobot

Original post by nerobot
How much "quality checking" are they doing? It seems to be going on for ever now. When was your interview?

My interview for Haematology was on Monday 11th, so slap bang in the middle of interviews I believe.
Well at least they've started giving out emails, it's better than still no word at all!! I'm vascular too, so I'm guessing I won't hear until mid to late may now. Shame its not today, I go on holiday on sat and was rather hoping to be able to relax, but I'll still be worrying and checking emails on an hourly basis!!
Reply 2171

i still haven't got an email.......
guess i must be right at the bottom of the little pile of engineers :frown:
Reply 2172
Original post by louisecc
i still haven't got an email.......
guess i must be right at the bottom of the little pile of engineers :frown:
I haven't heard either and this is an e-mail response I've got from MSC

"We appreciate the timing difficulties however I am not in a position to be able to confirm an outcome for you except to say that it is possible that you are going to be recommended for a post but the final checks are still being made so this is an unconfirmed position at present.

I suspect that we will not be in a position to confirm this with you until Wednesday next week so apologies if you feel this is not helpful to your situation but at this stage I am unable to offer any further advice. "
:frown:

And I need a decision NOW and it's even more painful as it's not a "no" from them :frown:
Aaaarghhh... :s-smilie: Don't know what to do now :frown:
Reply 2173
Original post by triwka

"We appreciate the timing difficulties however I am not in a position to be able to confirm an outcome for you except to say that it is possible that you are going to be recommended for a post but the final checks are still being made so this is an unconfirmed position at present.

I suspect that we will not be in a position to confirm this with you until Wednesday next week so apologies if you feel this is not helpful to your situation but at this stage I am unable to offer any further advice. "

And I need a decision NOW and it's even more painful as it's not a "no" from them :frown:

haha cryptic!
i wonder what they could be checking?
i'm going to give them a ring in about 10 mins and demand an email lol
Reply 2174
Original post by triwka

That is a very difficult situation. Not sure what I would do in your place. And that email you got was awful "You might have a place but I can't confirm it!". What a disgrace! All these "checks" seem like an excuse for not having things done quick enough.
Reply 2175
Original post by louisecc
haha cryptic!
i wonder what they could be checking?
i'm going to give them a ring in about 10 mins and demand an email lol
I have a "slight" suspicion they could be checking with the actual hospital whether they want you or not.. but then the process is not really as fair as they make it look? also, it could be CRB check or references? I know one of my referees is on a holiday until next Tuesday, so they might not be able to reach him? Or it could just be a generic excuse, haha.
But I'm gutted. Just sent an e-mail to the other place asking for a couple more days before making a decision, feel really really bad now.. :colondollar:
Original post by triwka

if they are sending out emails telling people the outcome for clinical engineering, I wonder what 'checks' they are making on your scores alone. At least 2 people have heard for sure.. (bestbefore1989 and her friend who got into Kings).. why on earth they cant tell you is beyond me. Something dodgy is going on :confused:
Original post by triwka
I have a "slight" suspicion they could be checking with the actual hospital whether they want you or not.. but then the process is not really as fair as they make it look? also, it could be CRB check or references? I know one of my referees is on a holiday until next Tuesday, so they might not be able to reach him? Or it could just be a generic excuse, haha.
But I'm gutted. Just sent an e-mail to the other place asking for a couple more days before making a decision, feel really really bad now.. :colondollar:

I think references and CRB checks will only be done once they've offered the position, not before.

I hope its good news when it finally comes in...
Original post by GraduateSK
if they are sending out emails telling people the outcome for clinical engineering, I wonder what 'checks' they are making on your scores alone. At least 2 people have heard for sure.. (bestbefore1989 and her friend who got into Kings).. why on earth they cant tell you is beyond me. Something dodgy is going on :confused:

I agree with you GraduateSK....It should be a simple process once they've slotted ppl and are sending out emails....I suspect the Trusts are having more of a say, than what they told us throughout this process. They've tried to centralise the process and make it uniform and fairer, but if the Trust don't play ball, this whole process will lose credibility....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2179
Has anyone asked them what it is that they are actually checking? Would be very interested to know, but I bought they would actually give the real reason. I also suspect that the Trusts are having a lot more say then we were let to believe.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending