The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8260
Original post by cjcw20
Anyone any idea when our bonus comes in? Hope its in the next pay!

yea it is in next pay, 20th of May
Original post by mug51
yea it is in next pay, 20th of May

Is there usually an announcement/notice put up in store to say whether the store has earned the bonus? I've not noticed anything in work. :smile:
Reply 8262
Original post by affinity89
Is there usually an announcement/notice put up in store to say whether the store has earned the bonus? I've not noticed anything in work. :smile:

Should be/have been told in your briefing.
should have a nice bit of extra pay in this pay packet then, cos of working bank holidays/doing a bit of overtime (which i've practically been forced into) and then bonus. yaaay.
Original post by FXX
Should be/have been told in your briefing.

Okay. Not had a briefing since Red Nose Day. Hopefully I'll just have a nice surprise of some extra money going in the bank on May 20th, as I am pretty sure we were on target with the shopper and availability checks. :smile:
yeah, we are on target ofr mac and mcm apparently so...
I just found out that I have a team briefing with the manager on my day off. I don't have to attend right?
Reply 8267
Original post by number-11
I just found out that I have a team briefing with the manager on my day off. I don't have to attend right?

Nope. Unless you're free that day and they want to pay you for it.
Reply 8268
Anyone know the sick line number :smile:?
Reply 8269
Original post by xkate0x
Anyone know the sick line number :smile:?

It's the mobile number in your contract. Every store is different.
Reply 8270
For those who have applied you will know what i mean. 6 months ago i applied, did the DVD test and failed on the first section of it but passed every other section.

6 months later i apply. The manager remembers me and we get on well. I sit the test on my own, when im done he comes in. Sits down and looks through my answer book with me, because he wants me to work there. We go through the first section and he advises me to change some answers, so i do. Anyway i do all that and leave, he gets my number and says he will call me when he knows the outcome, and says 'if you dont get through this time i'll get the answer sheet for next time'.

Got an email today saying i failed it, rang up and they said i passed every section except the first one (which he advised me to change).

Have to wait another 6 months to reapply now which i just cant afford to do.
What do you think of this, he seemed so genuine, or was it all some weird plan to make sure i dont pass?

Either way, i just found this now, i'm effing furious i didnt think to look for it beforehand:

http://andhrafriends.com/index.php?topic=99397.0

SO SO ANGRY!
sainsburys doesn't want people who cheat the system. if you can't pass the test then you're clearly not suited to sainsburys & its policies...
Reply 8272
Original post by inksplodge
sainsburys doesn't want people who cheat the system. if you can't pass the test then you're clearly not suited to sainsburys & its policies...

Yet the stores own manager cant pass the test? Frightening tbh.
Reply 8273
Original post by Astra_K
Yet the stores own manager cant pass the test? Frightening tbh.

I'd be surprised if it was the store manager who conducted your interview.
Reply 8274
got an interview the only problem is I'm supposed to be working at 4pm twice during the week and my school chucks out at 3.30pm which is also unluckily the same time as the bus that can get me there in about 15 mins leaves the stop next to the school.
Original post by Tom78
got an interview the only problem is I'm supposed to be working at 4pm twice during the week and my school chucks out at 3.30pm which is also unluckily the same time as the bus that can get me there in about 15 mins leaves the stop next to the school.

whens the interview, then? if you cant make it just ring up and reschedule
Reply 8276
Original post by Tom78

Then why did you apply if you can't do the hours?
Reply 8277
Original post by FXX
I'd be surprised if it was the store manager who conducted your interview.

I meant a manager that worked at the store.
Original post by Astra_K
I meant a manager that worked at the store.

Tbh I would not be at all surprised if it was just the manager simply not knowing the answers. Whenever I do a refresher training or whatever, my manager rarely knows what the correct answers are at all.

I doubt there was any malicious intent to it, but it still seems a little odd.
Original post by Tom78

This is basically the same as me when I started, I needed to change one of my shifts by half an hour. Just ask at your interview, the worst that will happen is they'll say no. If not, then once you start working they can't say you didn't tell them.

Latest

Trending

Trending