The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
A lot of people in my year are, I'm not one of them :p:

I was just talking about psoriatic arthritis with my mum, only to realise that I haven't written about it in my notes anywhere :s-smilie: I don't understand why I haven't - or how whoever's PBL topic it was missed it :confused:

Psoriatic arthropathys are a nightmare, theres 5 different types....

The combinations of symptoms are like 3 for 2 mix and match offers....
Original post by i'm no superman

Summer sure is near for you. I just realised we're being made to sit some mandatory progress test during the first week of July too. Apparently it's formative but a lot of other med schools do it too?

Yeah we have ours in like 2 weeks or so. Majorly cba with that. Barely started revison for my exams (which start in 5 weeks). :eek3:
Original post by Medicine Man
Yeah we have ours in like 2 weeks or so. Majorly cba with that. Barely started revison for my exams (which start in 5 weeks). :eek3:
Good luck with it! Apparently the progress test is not something you can revise for, or so I'm told by some of the older years. I can't see myself having the energy to revise if it's formative, especially straight after the semester four exams.
Good luck with it! Apparently the progress test is not something you can revise for, or so I'm told by some of the older years. I can't see myself having the energy to revise if it's formative, especially straight after the semester four exams.

I've been told we are all going to fail it in second year anyway so not to bother (not that I was going to with the crap loads I have to learn or my end of year exams).
I've been told we are all going to fail it in second year anyway so not to bother (not that I was going to with the crap loads I have to learn or my end of year exams).

Its an amazing test. We do it 4 times a year.

End of second year pass mark for it for us is usually about 25% lol.
Original post by carcinoma

Firstly, 4 times a year??? :wtf:
Secondly, where is 'us'? I don't think I've seen you on here (partly because I've been away for ages).

You lose a 'progression point' if you fail it here when it's summative. Lose two progression points and you get chucked out of George's!
You lose a 'progression point' if you fail it here when it's summative. Lose two progression points and you get chucked out of George's!

:O :O :O

Thats actually just annoying. :/
Firstly, 4 times a year??? :wtf:
Secondly, where is 'us'? I don't think I've seen you on here (partly because I've been away for ages).

Yep, every year lol! and Us is Peninsula.

Whats the pass mark for each year?

If we don't aggregate satisfactory across all of them, we fail the year.
Whats the pass mark for each year?
I'm not sure, I think it's based on how the cohort performs.

If you get anything up to 15% below the pass mark, you're allowed to continue but with a "cause for concern". Anything below 15% is a U.
Yep, every year lol! and Us is Peninsula.

Do you have any other exams other than that? Like end of year exams?
I'm beginning to think I might need to work for this. Do I Digitalis?
Digitalis
blah
Do you have any other exams other than that? Like end of year exams?

Yep end of year, but thats only for year 1.

Other than that thats the only way they formally test medical knowledge. We have a million other asesements though, on profesionalism, clinical competance ext.
Yep end of year, but thats only for year 1.

Other than that thats the only way they formally test medical knowledge. We have a million other asesements though, on profesionalism, clinical competance ext.

Oh WOW.

Don't quite think they are that important here (judging from what I've been told), but I'll wait for Digitalis to confirm.
Oh WOW.

Don't quite think they are that important here (judging from what I've been told), but I'll wait for Digitalis to confirm.

Im sure its just Peninsula and mabey a hadfull of others taking this approach.

But everyone uses the same database of topics and scenarios, which they then reword.
I have a progress test twice a year. 2/3 times if managed to fluke it and grind out some honours points so now I'm quite fond of it. Also it's quite amusing when you read a massive paragraph of a question, loads of patient history etc and then the question is something wildly obscure about a second line anti fungal.
Reply 3157
I'm beginning to think I might need to work for this. Do I Digitalis?
Not last time I checked.
Original post by Renal
Not last time I checked.

Ta. Figured that would be the case.
Can anyone gain access to this?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19387438

Latest

Trending

Trending