The Student Room Group

a black man talks honestly about white slavery.

thomas sowell is an african american conservative who is sick and tired of the lies.......

link to book:

amazon.co.uk/Black-Rednecks-White-Liberals-Cultural/dp/1594030863

thomas sowell says:

The history of slavery across the centuries and in many countries around the world is a painful history to read - not only in terms of how slaves have been treated, but because of what that says about the whole human species - because slaves and enslavers alike have been of every race, religion and nationality.
If the history of slavery ought to teach us anything, it is that human beings cannot be trusted with unbridled power over other human beings - no matter what color or creed any of them are. The history of ancient despotism and modern totalitarianism practically shouts that same message from the blood-stained pages of history.
But that is not the message that is being taught in our schools and colleges, or dramatized on television and in the movies. The message pounded home again and again is that white people enslaved black people.
It is true, just as it is true that I don't go sky-diving with blacks. But it is also false in its implications for the same reason. Just as Europeans enslaved Africans, North Africans enslaved Europeans; more Europeans than there were Africans enslaved in the United States and in the 13 colonies from which it was formed.
The treatment of white galley slaves was even worse than the treatment of black slaves picking cotton. But there are no movies or television dramas about it comparable to Roots, and our schools and colleges don't pound it into the heads of students.
The inhumanity of human beings toward other human beings is not a new story, much less a local story. There is no need to hide it, because there are lessons we can learn from it. But there is also no need to distort it, so that sins of the whole human species around the world are presented as special defects of "our society" or the sins of a particular race.
If American society and Western civilization are different from other societies and civilization, it is that they eventually turned against slavery, and stamped it out, at a time when non-Western societies around the world were still maintaining slavery and resisting Western pressures to end slavery, including in some cases armed resistance.
Only the fact that the West had more firepower than others put an end to slavery in many non-Western societies during the age of Western imperialism. Yet today there are Americans who have gone to Africa to apologize for slavery - on a continent where slavery has still not been completely ended, to this very moment.
It is not just the history of slavery that gets distorted beyond recognition by the selective filtering of facts. Those who go back to mine history, in order to find everything they can to undermine American society or Western civilization, have very little interest in the Bataan death march, the atrocities of the Ottoman Empire or similar atrocities in other times and places.
Those who mine history for sins are not searching for truth but for opportunities to denigrate their own society, or for grievances that can be cashed in today, at the expense of people who were not even born when the sins of the past were committed.
An ancient adage says: "Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof." But apparently that is not sufficient for many among our educators, the intelligentsia or the media. They are busy poisoning the present by the way they present the past.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol are you american?
Reply 2
couldn't you of summarised
Reply 3
There was me thinking, "i haven't seen a race thread in while". Spoke too soon :rolleyes:
Reply 4
I couldn't be asked to read that whole paragraph. Could you just sum it up in a nutshell??
Reply 5
Original post by bob dylan
I couldn't be asked to read that whole paragraph. Could you just sum it up in a nutshell??

the history of slavery is anti white lies.
Original post by bestofyou
couldn't you of summarised

this!

i wish more people did this, as if im bothered to read a disgusting chunk of a post lol
Thomas Sowell is an idiot who is trotted out every time a white person wants to get a token black guy who doesn't agree with affirmative action or thinks racism is overstated and say 'look, this guy is black and doesn't agree with you and therefore you're wrong'.
Reply 8
Original post by humanrights
the history of slavery is anti white lies.

lol, ok
Reply 9
Original post by flowermaster91
this!

i wish more people did this, as if im bothered to read a disgusting chunk of a post lol

so by definition you are a bigot.....
Reply 10
lol, ok

so i take it you are a racist aswell?
so by definition you are a bigot.....

Reply 12
White guilt, German guilt, Austrian guilt, Japanese guilt.... It's all ****ing stupid and only serves to continue to divide the races into the victims and the perpetrators, even though the vast majority of people alive today have no experience of any of the basis for this guilt trip. In doing this we continue to place a divide between people that says those of different races are different, and should be treated as such. Guilt is racist.
Reply 13
Original post by flowermaster91

hey, anti white is the new anti semitism. even for white dullards who like to bash their own people despite their ancestors ****ty past......
You're such an irritating crybaby and a **** stirrer. Are you really going to sit there in your mums basement, wearing nothing but a wife beater and crusty pair of y-fronts and make out black slavery of whites (like that happened, lol) was much worse than vice versa????? Any slavery of any race is disgraceful, but your crusade against non-whites is pathetic.

If you put this much effort into getting a job, you might not be still living in your mums basement at 28
FML not this again:colonhash:
Reply 16
No, no I'm not.

I just think it's stupid that you think that salvery in the states is anti-white lies.

Almost, if not just, as bad, as those holocaust deniers.

So I take it your one of them aswell?

europans and jews purchased their slaves from black run slave markets. this is a fact. so why it is controversial to say?

i take it you have a certain view of history that validates your anti white racism?
europans and jews purchased their slaves from black run slave markets. this is a fact. so why it is controversial to say?

i take it you have a certain view of history that validates your anti white racism?

ok
Reply 18
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
You're such an irritating crybaby and a **** stirrer. Are you really going to sit there in your mums basement, wearing nothing but a wife beater and crusty pair of y-fronts and make out black slavery of whites (like that happened, lol) was much worse than vice versa????? Any slavery of any race is disgraceful, but your crusade against non-whites is pathetic.

If you put this much effort into getting a job, you might not be still living in your mums basement at 28

bigot. whites and jews never enslaved blacks they purchased them from african run slave markets. the lies are causing conflict between white and black. if i seem irate its because i am concerned by the casual anti white racism that permeates society.....
x

The writings of one man, or the collected writings of every other historian who has lived?

I'll go with the latter, thanks.

I'm sure that, like me, the rest of TSR are more than capable of picking the book's claims apart, so I'll leave it to someone else, hopefully a historian, to tell you where to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending