The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Yeah, yeah ok :rolleyes:

:p: How come you're still up anyhow?
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
:p: How come you're still up anyhow?

Is it passed my bedtime mum? :tongue:

Meh, waiting for my flatmate to return from a night out.
Is it passed my bedtime mum? :tongue:

Meh, waiting for my flatmate to return from a night out.

Nah but I was going to say you have uni tomorrow then I realised it's a bank holiday. :p:

The second sentence did make you sound a bit like mum. :awesome:
Nah but I was going to say you have uni tomorrow then I realised it's a bank holiday. :p:

The second sentence did make you sound a bit like mum. :awesome:

Nope, and we have nothing timetabled atm. We have 3 weeks to do our SSC in our own time :smile:
Nope, and we have nothing timetabled atm. We have 3 weeks to do our SSC in our own time :smile:

Ohhh, yeah, I remember you telling me about that. How far into it are you?
Ohhh, yeah, I remember you telling me about that. How far into it are you?

2 weeks almost. Got all the content done :smile: Still need to sort out the presentation.
Although it's worth mentioning that they look at the application more holistically now... some people with 8A*s have offers and people with 10 have had pre-interview rejections. But as a general rule, that's prob true. :smile:

Yh yh, I know thats true...Im not trying to say that if youve got 8A* youll definately get a place (maybe I said it a little wrong), its just that theres better odds of you getting a place with good GCSE....thyeve gotta look at your whole application and youve gotta get through the interview alright aswell. Xx
2 weeks almost. Got all the content done :smile: Still need to sort out the presentation.

Your work ethic sounds quite admirable.... fail to prepare, prepare to fail and jazz. :tongue: What was your SSC?

Ooh, good luck with the presentation! Who's going to be watching?
Original post by lemontang1
Yh yh, I know thats true...Im not trying to say that if youve got 8A* youll definately get a place (maybe I said it a little wrong), its just that theres better odds of you getting a place with good GCSE....thyeve gotta look at your whole application and youve gotta get through the interview alright aswell. Xx

Yeah, true, and apparently Brum interviews are quite hard... as in they proper grill you. :eek:
Your work ethic sounds quite admirable.... fail to prepare, prepare to fail and jazz. :tongue: What was your SSC?

Ooh, good luck with the presentation! Who's going to be watching?

HIV and Lymphoma :wink: Haematological shizzle.

The rest of the Immunity group + tutors.
Yeah, true, and apparently Brum interviews are quite hard... as in they proper grill you. :eek:

Glad i didnt apply there then, I hate being questioned :frown:....my friend had one and she said it wasnt too bad....perhaps it depends on your interviewer. Xx
HIV and Lymphoma :wink: Haematological shizzle.

The rest of the Immunity group + tutors.

Fun times. :p: Dyou prefer it to timetabled life or not?

Ah, that's ok, better than having to present to strangers or something.
Glad i didnt apply there then, I hate being questioned :frown:....my friend had one and she said it wasnt too bad....perhaps it depends on your interviewer. Xx

I might be wrong tbh. :p: I think I've heard someone on here say that Brum grill but I could've imagined it. Where did you apply? :smile:
Fun times. :p: Dyou prefer it to timetabled life or not?

Ah, that's ok, better than having to present to strangers or something.

Meh. It gets really boring to be honest :tongue:
I might be wrong tbh. :p: I think I've heard someone on here say that Brum grill but I could've imagined it. Where did you apply? :smile:

Leicester, leeds, Nottingham, and Bristol. Do you know where your applying yet?? Xx
Meh. It gets really boring to be honest :tongue:

Ah well, you've stuck out the worst of it. :o: Is the SSC an annual thingy?
Leicester, leeds, Nottingham, and Bristol. Do you know where your applying yet?? Xx

They sound like good choices. :smile: Did you get an offer?

Um, ideally I'd apply to Glasow, Liverpool, UEA and Manchester but it depends how ASs and UKCAT goes I guess.

Totally random but you know when you're balancing redox equations? If there's a H+ do you have to add an electron to that side?
Ah well, you've stuck out the worst of it. :o: Is the SSC an annual thingy?

Yeah one every year and then more in the higher years.
Yeah one every year and then more in the higher years.

Burrrrrn! Although maybe they get more clinically relevant/have less of whatever makes them boring. Maybe. :p:
Burrrrrn! Although maybe they get more clinically relevant/have less of whatever makes them boring. Maybe. :p:

Well they do....obviously. And this one isn't boring :smile: I quite like research.

Latest

Trending

Trending