The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Dayum!
Reply 5241
I want to get my bridge done when I go back to NI for a visit in the summer. So tempting.
I really miss my dermals.

****ing rejection. :angry:
Original post by cdsmith1990
Booked in for a tongue web on Friday, if it can't be done then.. septum? :wink:

Awesome :biggrin: I used to have both... It felt so weird taking my tongue web out - it felt like part of my own body by that point! I can still wear stuff in my septum, though, for some reason it just won't close over (but that's not a bad thing!)

Original post by fran.ha
My boyfriend might be getting his third done too (and embellishment to link the three together).

I have a feeling going to the shop with him might tempt me to get it there and then as I know what I want :colone:

Haha... Do it! It sounds like you want to :biggrin: They are so addictive... I haven't got a tattoo in over 2 years now though, I think I'm due for some more. The last one I got was just after I went with my friend to get hers, so stepping foot in a tattoo shop when you already have an idea is definitely risking temptation :tongue:
Original post by mimimimi
Awesome :biggrin: I used to have both... It felt so weird taking my tongue web out - it felt like part of my own body by that point! I can still wear stuff in my septum, though, for some reason it just won't close over (but that's not a bad thing!)

Sweet! Yeah I've heard the hole can last for ages! I'm hoping to stretch mine up to 4-5mm if and when I get one :smile:
*facepalm*

My 'friand' got her nose pierced abou 5 weeks ago. She was told that after 4 weeks she could take it out, and leave it out over night. So now she keeps changing it, and taking it out for extended periods of time. She wouldn't listen to me when I told her that cartilidge piercings take about 6 months to heal.

Really hope she gets a massive bump on her nose.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];31136537']*facepalm*

My 'friand' got her nose pierced abou 5 weeks ago. She was told that after 4 weeks she could take it out, and leave it out over night. So now she keeps changing it, and taking it out for extended periods of time. She wouldn't listen to me when I told her that cartilidge piercings take about 6 months to heal.

Oh jezzus, I accidentally knocked my nose screw out when I went to dry my face 3 months after I got it done and it hurt like hell and started pouring blood. What was worse was trying to get the damn thing back in again.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];31136537']*facepalm*

You mean her septum?

Cause, erm, there ain't no cartilage in a standard nose piercing.. there's nothing wrong with changing it after 4 weeks (wouldn't recommend leaving it out for long though).
Reply 5248
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
You mean her septum?

Cause, erm, there ain't no cartilage in a standard nose piercing.. there's nothing wrong with changing it after 4 weeks (wouldn't recommend leaving it out for long though).

Septum piercings shouldn't be through cartilage either. And nostril piercings are usually in the join between cartilage and fibro-fatty tissue, so might be partly through cartilage, but even if they're not it's still much thicker/harder than many piercings - it's hardly like a lobe piercing. They also take a lot longer than 4 weeks to heal so I'd never recommend changing jewellery that soon (even for lobe piercings 4 weeks is too soon IMO). My nostrils took almost a year before changing jewellery was actually comfortable and pain-free!
Original post by Kate.
Septum piercings shouldn't be through cartilage either. And nostril piercings are usually in the join between cartilage and fibro-fatty tissue, so might be partly through cartilage, but even if they're not it's still much thicker/harder than many piercings - it's hardly like a lobe piercing. They also take a lot longer than 4 weeks to heal so I'd never recommend changing jewellery that soon (even for lobe piercings 4 weeks is too soon IMO). My nostrils took almost a year before changing jewellery was actually comfortable and pain-free!

Oh? Well, I stand corrected.
:colondollar:
Well, I had my tongue web booked for today, but got there and my piercer said it was too thin to pierce :/

But as I didn't want to walk away empty-handed, so to speak, I got me septum done, chuffed!
Well, I had my tongue web booked for today, but got there and my piercer said it was too thin to pierce :/

But as I didn't want to walk away empty-handed, so to speak, I got me septum done, chuffed!

Yay! Shame about the tongue web, but it's good that your piercer told you the truth and didn't just go ahead and pierce what was there, or something. Did the septum make your eyes water? I remember mine not hurting too much but my eyes just watered uncontrollably!
Yay! Shame about the tongue web, but it's good that your piercer told you the truth and didn't just go ahead and pierce what was there, or something. Did the septum make your eyes water? I remember mine not hurting too much but my eyes just watered uncontrollably!

Yeah he was sound, he showed me his and it was much thicker in comparison.

And yeah! It didn't actually hurt much, just a pinch but as soon as it went through my eyes just streamed, I felt like a right boob!

Can't remember what gauge the jewellery is but it's a U-shaped retainer that's flipped up so it's pretty discreet.
I'm frustrated. I need to find 'a friend' to pierce their eyebrow, but none of my friends want an eyebrow piercing lol.

Argh, need to practice on someone! lol.
got my left ear done, waiting now until i cant start with the plug process, long wait
Yeah he was sound, he showed me his and it was much thicker in comparison.

And yeah! It didn't actually hurt much, just a pinch but as soon as it went through my eyes just streamed, I felt like a right boob!

Can't remember what gauge the jewellery is but it's a U-shaped retainer that's flipped up so it's pretty discreet.

Hehe I think they must be used to people's eyes watering when they get their septum done! Seems to happen to most people...

When I got mine done, I made them put a circular barbell in and flip it up inside for me... I hid it from my parents at first so I didn't take it down for a few weeks as it was healing :redface: I actually quite like wearing jewellery in it but having it up, it just feels quite nice having it there... I also like showing people who've known me for a while and they're like "What?! Where did that just come from?!" :tongue:
Hehe I think they must be used to people's eyes watering when they get their septum done! Seems to happen to most people...

When I got mine done, I made them put a circular barbell in and flip it up inside for me... I hid it from my parents at first so I didn't take it down for a few weeks as it was healing :redface: I actually quite like wearing jewellery in it but having it up, it just feels quite nice having it there... I also like showing people who've known me for a while and they're like "What?! Where did that just come from?!" :tongue:

I know what you mean, I like the idea of having a kinda hidden piercing :biggrin:
i had my cartilage pierced about 7 weeks ago but is still a little sore on the back when i clean it. Do you think it could be infected? Just not sure because its only a little sore and apparently it takes 3 months to heal properly..

If it is an infection could i use TCP to clear it up?
Reply 5258
Original post by ibanezar200
i had my cartilage pierced about 7 weeks ago but is still a little sore on the back when i clean it. Do you think it could be infected? Just not sure because its only a little sore and apparently it takes 3 months to heal properly..

If it is an infection could i use TCP to clear it up?

Pierced or gunned? What jewellery are you wearing? What are you cleaning it with? Do you sleep on that ear? Signs of infection are redness, swelling, heat, yellow/green pus, etc, so it's very unlikely it's infected if it's just a bit sore. Cartilage actually takes 6+ months to fully heal so I definitely wouldn't worry yet!
Original post by Kate.
Pierced or gunned? What jewellery are you wearing? What are you cleaning it with? Do you sleep on that ear? Signs of infection are redness, swelling, heat, yellow/green pus, etc, so it's very unlikely it's infected if it's just a bit sore. Cartilage actually takes 6+ months to fully heal so I definitely wouldn't worry yet!

I had it pierced with a needle and im wearing a loop. Clean it with saline solution twice a day.. still dont sleep on it yet. i think part of the edge of my ear just beneath the piercing might be slightly swollen not really sure though. Think ill take a visit back to the piercing place next week though,.. see if they can check it. Ive just read a lot of things about cartilage piercings getting infected and know a couple people who had to remove them because of it. Thanks for reply :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest