The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

I really want to see this film.
Reply 1501
Phalanges

Your sig = :adore:

(EDIT: I see this has already been discussed above :p:)

Anyway, I finally watched Requiem for a Dream today. My respect for Aronofsky has shot up to a whole new level, and I already really liked him before.
(edited 12 years ago)
Super 8 Super 8 Super 8 Super 8. JJ Abrams is such a tease
Reply 1503
I am 39 minutes and 45 seconds into Fight Club. It's pretty awesome so far.

:coma:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Initially thought you meant 'Fallen'. I have not seen 'The Fall'. I've just had a look at the trailer, it certainly looks like a strange film - like Big Fish and the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Tempted to check it out. The only film I've seen directed by Tarsem Singh was The Cell, which I loved. It got slated by critics, though Ebert praised it highly. Have you seen that?

Ebert can be a bit hit and miss to be honest and I'm not really a fan of J-Lo. But it has Private Pyle (Vincent D'Onofrio) and the Lizard (Dylan Baker) so I might enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with a bit of shared dreaming aswell.

The Fall is brilliant - I can't recommend it enough. :cool:
Just finished watching Once Upon A Time In America on Blu-Ray... I love this film more and more each time I watch it!
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
So THOR was quite good I thought... not amazing (not up to Iron Man I/II standards I think) but a good precursor to The Avengers. Also I've never before found Natalie Portman attractive but she was in this...strange...

ahh you ve seen Thor? Sweet, really want to see it ASAP. It's not too long is it? but wait, what? Lol Natalie is divine :smile:
Original post by lukejoshjedi
ahh you ve seen Thor? Sweet, really want to see it ASAP. It's not too long is it? but wait, what? Lol Natalie is divine :smile:

I have indeed! And no it's 114 minutes :smile:

Haha I've never seen that.
Reply 1509
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I have indeed! And no it's 114 minutes :smile:

Haha I've never seen that.

:rofl:
Reply 1510
Fast five-finally got round to watching it, must say top movie :yy:
It feels like the UK have been waiting absolutely ages for Hanna to be released. Oh well, only a week left...
Reply 1512
Planning on watching Murder By Death tonight. Fingers crossed. I can't believe that for such an incredible actress, Maggie Smith has made such a vast amount of awful films.
Reply 1513
Original post by Pi!
I am 39 minutes and 45 seconds into Fight Club. It's pretty awesome so far.

Why on earth would you come on here to post that...

Anyway, going to watch Brother by "Beat" Takeshi, let's see if "the true successor to influential filmmaker Akira Kurosawa" holds truth.
Reply 1514
Murder By Death. :facepalm2:
I just watched Storytelling. I was all excited because it's Todd Solondz and Belle & Sebastian did the soundtrack. Pretty let down to be honest... I ended up not really paying much attention, which is partly my fault as well, but still. I thought the youngest child in the second 'story' stole the film, really... He was hilarious.
Reply 1516
For no reason, here's my DVD collection:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1517
Just watched Saving Private Ryan. Forgot how epic and sad it is.
Original post by NikNakWakAtak

The Fall is brilliant - I can't recommend it enough. :cool:

So just finished watching it. It had a strange feel to it, weirder and darker than Big Fish and the imagination sequences were wonderful. The little girl was really cute, and I liked the relationship she built up with Roy. It was really moving in some parts. And in general, liked how the reality meshed with the story and vice versa.

Slightly lost on the ending though.

Spoiler

Original post by channy
Why on earth would you come on here to post that...

Anyway, going to watch Brother by "Beat" Takeshi, let's see if "the true successor to influential filmmaker Akira Kurosawa" holds truth.

I like some of his films but. Nah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending