The Student Room Group

My boyfriend shoots rabbits?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiZZeeKiD
You're a moron.

No you, dear.
Reply 21
Original post by Foo.mp3

Im watching and wondering how many negs your gonna get for being a cruel heartless killer :tongue:

Original post by arty
it is a country pursuit.

Back in the 17th Century...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by The.Prophet
Take this analogy.

People are eating children, and then complain when the children are being tortured.

It's not really sensible.

If you cared you wouldn't eat children (animals)

And do not comeback with humans 'NEED' to eat animals. They don't.

That's a pretty stupid analogy.

I was just saying how eating animals killed in a humane way is A LOT different to for example boiling a kitten and people who do the former do have the right to protest against the latter without being hypocrites.
Reply 23
Don't kill them, poor things :frown:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Maybe we should shoot your boyfriend and see if he likes it?
Does your boyfriend shoot them to eat?
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
That's a pretty stupid analogy.

I was just saying how eating animals killed in a humane way is A LOT different to for example boiling a kitten and people who do the former do have the right to protest against the latter without being hypocrites.

No it's not. The analogy still stands. You are just ignoring it.

Death is on par with torture in terms of doing harm to an animal. It's pretty much the worse thing you can do to an animal. So if you eat animals, you're asserting human dominance over animals and as such, accept that humans have the right to do whatever they want to animals. Because you've accepted that humans can do the worse thing possible to animals already, kill them.
Reply 27
It's fine, as long as the rabbits death surves a purpose.

I personally shoot rabbits and woodpigeon (eat the meat of course). What I object to is when people put animals through unneccesary suffering for reason other pleasure eg. course fishing.
Eh, what's up, doc? :dontknow:

Is that him by any chance? :holmes:

Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Eh, what's up, doc? :dontknow:

:laugh:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
no you can't shoot rabbits, their arrangement of carbon molecules is more aesthetically pleasing than other animals we kill, so it makes it wrong.
Reply 31
Original post by Ich Dien
Im watching and wondering how many negs your gonna get for being a cruel heartless killer :tongue:

Back in the 17th Century...

nope, right now. I can tell you have no experience of the countryside what so ever.
Original post by arty
ahah man up! Shooting is awesome... it is a country pursuit. Also they're a pest and need to be controlled + they taste wonderful!

You sir are a gentleman and enthusiast of manly pursuits good show old bean
Reply 33
Original post by Buxtons
Rabbit is one of the healthiest sources of meat available.

too bad its so expensive otherwise i'd eat more of it. =/

But i don't agree in killing animals for fun, thats just stupid.

For some reason your post made me remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2RYiaM6WU :biggrin:
Reply 34

Mmmmm rabbit, embrace it OP :top:
Reply 35
No it's not. The analogy still stands. You are just ignoring it.

Death is on par with torture in terms of doing harm to an animal. It's pretty much the worse thing you can do to an animal. So if you eat animals, you're asserting human dominance over animals and as such, accept that humans have the right to do whatever they want to animals. Because you've accepted that humans can do the worse thing possible to animals already, kill them.

Just accept the fact that because of how distant modern society is, people can eat an animal but not kill one.
People dont eat Daisy, the 4 year old holstein, they eat a faceless (hopefully...) nameless slab of Tesco beef.
Reply 36
Original post by arty
nope, right now. I can tell you have no experience of the countryside what so ever.

Because your a frontiersman? **** off.

Hunting isint a persuit or a hobby. Because the notion of killing for fun is not acceptable in modern society, it denotes somebody who holds contempt for life or is mentally unwell. My mates shoot (and then cook) rabits because they tear up the carrots they planted.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ich Dien
Just accept the fact that because of how distant modern society is, people can eat an animal but not kill one.
People dont eat Daisy, the 4 year old holstein, they eat a faceless (hopefully...) nameless slab of Tesco beef.

It's a huge hypocrisy, and it's amazing how blind people are to it. People are stupid.
Reply 38
It's a huge hypocrisy, and it's amazing how blind people are to it. People are stupid.

Well, your not perfect are you? :rolleyes:
You have to accept the fact because its not going to change..
Rabbits =/= cows. Cows are dumb and therefore fair game.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending