The Student Room Group

If Kate Middleton was black...

...or Asian, for that matter, would she have been allowed to marry William? Part of me thinks somehow the Royal Family would have ensured that he stopped seeing her.

Scroll to see replies

In short, no, she wouldn't have been allowed to marry William.
Reply 2
I agree.
Original post by qwerty_mad
...or Asian, for that matter, would she have been allowed to marry William? Part of me thinks somehow the Royal Family would have ensured that he stopped seeing her.

Never thought of this..

it's a terrible thing to say, but I'm thinking no! :s-smilie: :eek:
Reply 4
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
In short, no, she wouldn't have been allowed to marry William.

But why?

Honestly, I'm not starting an argument here, but that is just outrageous and really sad.
Reply 5
Your inferiority complex is showing.
Reply 6
If you she was an Arab and there was no stopping the marriage she would be assassinated by British Intelligence on behalf of the Queen.
Reply 7
This is so true. Someone should photoshop her though to see what she would look like, out of curiosity... :biggrin:
Reply 8
Why would they stop him? It's not as if we're living in the Middle Ages.
Reply 9
whats the point of this thread?
Yes she would have.

Militant Black Guy Would Have Went AWOL On The Queen.

'You're supposed to be our Queen yet because of the colour of my skin you are mean, bitch you're a disgrace to the human race'.

^thats what he would have said.

:gunfire::gunfire::gunfire::gunfire::gunfire::gunfire:
If she was a member of a royal family, maybe

Given how multicultural British society is nowadays, there would be a storm if the Queen had stepped in and said no. And besides, he should be allowed to marry whoever he wants.
There would be a hell of a lot more racist threads about the wedding, on top of the copious amount on here anyway.
It's terrible that in this day and age we would assume that William wouldn't have been allowed to marry a black or Asian woman (or even a man for that matter), but unfortunately it seems a lot more realistic than them permitting it.
i hope so...
Reply 15
Original post by Hoi Polloi

Unfortunately, the Monarchy is more or less a relic from the Middle Ages.
Reply 16
Original post by Hoi Polloi

We are not, they still are, at least racially.
I don't think the Queen would mind if Kate was black so long as she was a member of the Queen's gang as my signature provides information on.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by tigermoth99
If she was a member of a royal family, maybe

Given how multicultural British society is nowadays, there would be a storm if the Queen had stepped in and said no. And besides, he should be allowed to marry whoever he wants.

Tcchnically yes, but in reality, no.
Reply 19
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending