The Student Room Group

If Kate Middleton was black...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by milkytea
Unfortunately, the Monarchy is more or less a relic from the Middle Ages.

Precisely this.

And therein lies a big problem, and probably why people don't see the Royal Family as truly representing Britain in any way at all. And yet, at the same time, in many ways they do. It's very odd, but it just seems to be the way things are. It's sad to think that there's no way on Earth anyone from the Royal Family would ever consider marrying someone of a different ethnic background.
Prince Philip would not be pleased.
Reply 22
I think you're making quite big assumptions, which really aren't based on anything as the Royal family have never been in that situation before.

Original post by qwerty_mad
but that is just outrageous and really sad.

You are taking a randomers word on what the Royal family might do and judging them for something they haven't even done.
LOL never mind black or asian, 99% of white girls wouldn't be allowed to marry him either because they don't come from the right social background. Can you imagine if Wills had got with Jordan or Imogen Thomas or one of those girls from Only Way is Essex? I think the Royal Household would have had a word.
They probably would have, but I bet there would be some rule that meant he had to give up his seat on the throne.
Reply 25
Aside from having to put up with Philip asking "if you're from Britain why are you black?" I doubt they'd care and if they did they'd certainly know better than to make it publicly known.
Reply 26
I rather think that everyone would've thought someone else cared, but in the end they'd still get married without objections and everyone would think how far we have progressed in racial tolerance anyway etc. etc.
It would have been even better if William had been gay? What about if he wanted to have a civil partnership, and they were televising it all over the USA, the Yankie evangelists would have loved that.
Reply 28
Original post by alastairq
I think you're making quite big assumptions, which really aren't based on anything as the Royal family have never been in that situation before.

You are taking a randomers word on what the Royal family might do and judging them for something they haven't even done.

Indeed they haven't. But why? Ask yourself.
I wonder if there's already contingency plans in place in case such a situation ever arose? I bet it's been thought about...
Reply 30
He wouldn't have been allowed to. I think he knows that and wouldn't have got into a relationship with a black person in the first place. It's sad really but I really don't think the royal family would permit it, or want it suggested in the first place.
Reply 31
Indeed they haven't. But why? Ask yourself.

Did you ever consider Prince William just didnt find a non-white girl he liked as much as Catherine?
Original post by MagicNMedicine
LOL never mind black or asian, 99% of white girls wouldn't be allowed to marry him either because they don't come from the right social background. Can you imagine if Wills had got with Jordan or Imogen Thomas or one of those girls from Only Way is Essex? I think the Royal Household would have had a word.

But I guess the point is that they're still white, and could potentially refine themselves/their families to make themselves more 'presentable' if they wanted to, whereas someone from a different racial background has got no chance. Not that they'd want one, necessarily, of course, but still.
Original post by MagicNMedicine

That's a valid reason surely? Would you be happy marrying one of those girls?
They wouldn't have physically stopped it, that wouldn't have gone down well and they know it. But I reckon there'd have been significant levels of discouragement and manipulation behind closed doors, and William would probably have been pressured to break it off. Depends how string-willed he is though, if he went ahead it wouldn't have been stopped, but there'd be a lot of royal mutterings and raised eyebrows.
Why bring it down to this level on such a lovely day? She's not. So why are we even having this discussion?
I don't think it would happen any time soon.

Well she better not be travelling through a tunnel or something may happen :lol:
Reply 38
Original post by alastairq
Did you ever consider Prince William just didnt find a non-white girl he liked as much as Catherine?

And what about all the other 'princes' and 'princesses'?? Harry won't, mark my word.

Don't be blind to it just cos they're 'royals'.
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x

Militant Black Guy Would Have Went AWOL On The Queen.

He would have gone absent without leave? :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending