The Student Room Group

If Kate Middleton was black...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by KJane
So wait, just because they don't have a black or asian person in the family they're from the middle ages? Does that mean my family is? Or the millions of other families who don't have interacial families? :s-smilie:

If your family block it, as the Royal Family do, then you are, unfortunately.
Original post by Cool story bro
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww a black woman as a royal??

oh this is lovely. what's wrong about that..she's just as human as you
Reply 82
Original post by qwerty_mad
If your family block it, as the Royal Family do.

How can you say that? Theres no evidence at all to support that claim!
Reply 83
It's an interesting question, but not one we can actually answer with any degree of validity. Even if they were against it, they would never make such opinions public, well Philip might, but the rest wouldn't. I'd like to think William is above petty racism, but it is true that the Royals are expected to marry from the proper social class, where there are very few blacks or asians or arabs, at least here in the UK. Seeing as William and Harry do not have to marry for peace treaties, etc. they do not need to look abroad for a prospective partner, so they are rather limited in whom they can choose.

Race may play a factor, we will never really know, but social class is really what decides whom they marry.
For some reason, I don't think they would've met if she was black.
Reply 85
ofcourse he'll be allowed to marry her....even the royal family have stopped putting a value on their crown, hell if kate who is a nobody by royal standards can marry into it, anybody can marry into it be they black, asian, arab or hispanic. lol
Reply 86
Original post by Seble
This is so true. Someone should photoshop her though to see what she would look like, out of curiosity... :biggrin:

TSR's wish is my command. :awesome:
Original post by SpunkyVanDros
oh this is lovely. what's wrong about that..she's just as human as you

i want britain to be about british. i don't want a black queen
Reply 88
If your family block it, as the Royal Family do, then you are, unfortunately.

Of course we don't block it or oppose it, I nearly dated someone who was black, but then he moved away. :frown:

But then you couldn't really determine the royal families attitude until it happened, if it did I wouldn't worry about the royal family, I'd expect the public to have a much louder and critical opinion, everyone made such a fuss over the fact Kate was middle class, let alone of her skin colour.
Reply 89
We are not, they still are, at least racially.

That is literally non-sense.
You're all chatting sh!t.
Reply 91
Original post by tigermoth99
If she was a member of a royal family, maybe

Given how multicultural British society is nowadays, there would be a storm if the Queen had stepped in and said no. And besides, he should be allowed to marry whoever he wants.

i doubt britain is multicultural but London and birmingham
Reply 92
Original post by KJane
Of course we don't block it or oppose it, I nearly dated someone who was black, but then he moved away. :frown:

But then you couldn't really determine the royal families attitude until it happened, if it did I wouldn't worry about the royal family, I'd expect the public to have a much louder and critical opinion, everyone made such a fuss over the fact Kate was middle class, let alone of her skin colour.

That's the thing, it may never happen as it most probably is not allowed to.
Original post by whatsername2009
Surely if you think the Royal Family is racist enough to prevent a non-white person from marrying Prince William, he himself would probably be racist enough never to enter into a relationship with her? After all, he's been brought up in that environment.

Of course. You just never hear the truth because the Royal Family are good at PR.
Reply 94

Erm, isn't the Queen German and her husband Greek? For all we know, they're probably related to Hitler!

so you can't be a black and British... because members of my BLACK family are in the British army.
Original post by Ich Dien

Original post by Ich Dien
You completely failed to grasp what I said.

People on the Sultan's lands would watch. At the turn of the 20th century half a billion people lived on British lands. over a 1/3rd of the earth under British rule... And thats why their descendants care. To be royal is to be British in some American eyes,

Actual worth has no link to fame...

But, in the modern world shes no more important than anybody. What power does she have to call on? Metaphorically, shes pretend to steer a ship that actually steers itself..

You seem to think I'm talking about power. Shakespeare is infinitely more important than whoever was the tribal leader of some part of Africa back in the 15th century although probably less powerful at the time.
Erm, isn't the Queen German and her husband Greek?

i would give you a thumbs up but i ran out :smile:
The Queen is GANGSTUH.

If I was Kate I wouldn't upset her and i'd wear a seatbelt all the time.
Who cares?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending