The Student Room Group

If Kate Middleton was black...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CombineHarvester
You seem to think I'm talking about power. Shakespeare is infinitely more important than whoever was the tribal leader of some part of Africa back in the 15th century although probably less powerful at the time.

Importance and Fame are two different things.
Reply 101
Hell yes.
Original post by sucess
i doubt britain is multicultural but London and birmingham

Multicultural yes, but most places in Britain seem to be segregated. Still have a long way to go. You have the Afro-Caribbean community at one side, the Muslim community at another side, the Chinese community at another side, the Jewish community at the other...

There are a few places that you could call 'multicultural'. Bradford is pretty multicultural, Manchester, etc.
oh if she was black she would be called Keisha Middleton.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Cicerao
TSR's wish is my command. :awesome:

how dare you disrespect royalty like that, painting them in grotesque representation
What if Prince William was really black and he didn't know it? What if Di was cheating with a black man? :sexface:
Original post by SpunkyVanDros
so you can't be a black and British... because members of my BLACK family are in the British army.

so? there are nepalese gurkhas in the british army, they are not british.
Original post by Ich Dien

Original post by Ich Dien
Importance and Fame are two different things.

Not really they're often interlinked. The cultural influence of the British Royal Family is far superior to than any other, it's like comparing Hollywood to the Danish film industry. As a result of their cultural significance worldwide the British Royal Family are far important than others.
Original post by Cool story bro

Original post by Cool story bro
how dare you disrespect royalty like that, painting them in grotesque representation

Prince William loves black people though, he even proposed to her in Africa because he loves the place so much.
Prince William loves black people though, he even proposed to her in Africa because he loves the place so much.

Dont you know? He went there really to dump his mixed race love child :h:.
i suppose she does look rather chocolatey in that picture :sexface:
Reply 111

oh if she was black she would be called Keisha Middleton.

:rofl:

I don't think the two are the same thing. I know of a few people who will openly admit to seeing Black people (esp.) as inferior, yet think Africa posseses great natural beauty etc.

Actually one of them lived in various parts of Africa over the course of 2 - 3 years through work. He reckons its his experience that has made him come to the conclusions that he has.

Just for the record, I don't agree with him one bit.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Steph90

Original post by Steph90

I don't think the two are the same thing. I know of a few people who will openly admit to seeing Black people (esp.) as inferior, yet think Africa posseses great natural beauty etc.

Actually one of them lived in various parts of Africa over the course of 2 - 3 years through work. He reckons its his experience that has made him come to the conclusions that he has.

Just for the record, I don't agree with him one bit.

Yes but he's done plenty of charity work in Africa and has plenty of friendly relationships with black Africans from the time he spent there.
Do you take William to be your lawfully wed husband...
...'JA MON'!
I doubt it very much.

Shame though, would've been funny seeing some little coffee coloured princes and princesses running about in a few years time.
I don't think she would have to have stopped seeing him on account of her race. But that's just me...
Well apparently the Royal family didn't like Harry's last girlfriend because she was African, even if she was white-African. I hope Harry breaks the ridiculously bigoted expectations of his family and marries someone from another race! How can we call Britain an open-minded, multi-cultural nation if our Royal family is still inbreeding to keep itself 'pure'.
Reply 117
well thats my chance of marrying harry gone then :frown:
Reply 118

Yes but he's done plenty of charity work in Africa and has plenty of friendly relationships with black Africans from the time he spent there.

This going to sound like I'm just being a dick.. but the same applies to this guy too.

Don't get me wrong, he's not 'overtly racist', if thats the correct terminology. He would never call a black person a 'n*****' or anything along those lines. However, marry a black person? Never in a million years.

While he was there he did lots of charity work, he was there through his job and being paid in GBP. His living costs were very little, so he had a lot of disposable income which he says he donated to the more remote parts of the country where food/hygiene etc. was a problem.

With all this said, I'm not suggesting that any of it applies to Prince William. I was just being pedantic for no good reason :tongue:
Original post by T.M 27
well thats my chance of marrying harry gone then :frown:

preaching to the choir here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending