The Student Room Group

A* for ICT

What do you need to get an A* for OCR ICT?

Scroll to see replies

For GCSE, it's really simple.

You just have to know/understand how ICT works and how it's used.
Reply 2
Original post by FindBeautyInNegativeSpace
For GCSE, it's really simple.

You just have to know/understand how ICT works and how it's used.

Oh damn I forgot to specify.
I was talking about A Level OCR Ict.
You can't get A* in A levels. Only the highest is an A. And to meet the criteria of an A, just be in Mark Band 3 for most tasks on most units for both AS level and A2 level for an A overall.
Reply 4
Original post by FrozenBeak
You can't get A* in A levels. Only the highest is an A. And to meet the criteria of an A, just be in Mark Band 3 for most tasks on most units for both AS level and A2 level for an A overall.

What...?
Do not listen to this guy hehe. It is quite possible to get an A* in A-level ICT - or any subject for that matter.
Not in A Levels idiot...
Reply 6
Not in A Levels idiot...

wrong
Reply 7
Not in A Levels idiot...

:facepalm2:
Reply 8
Not in A Levels idiot...

They've changed it now. You can't get an A* in AS but you can at A2.
Reply 9
A shed load of work, no social life and suffering from depression due to the amount of coursework they give you.
Reply 10
Are you doing AS or A2 ICT?
You can't get A* in A levels. Only the highest is an A.

No,
you can get an A* at A-level, started with last years A-levels.

Anyway, back to the op:
ICT is a piece of pish, its just following instructions.
Try A-level Computing for a challenge. :qed:
Reply 12
I do OCR AS Applied ICT and I'm on target for an A depending on the exam. Just make sure you get as many marks as possible on your coursework and you should be fine :smile:
Reply 13
A Computer.
Reply 14
Okay 1st guys, you can get an A* for your overall A Level ICT.
I found out that you need to have 80% overall in your whole A Level and 90% in your A2 exam and coursework! So even if you get like a B in your AS it is very possible for you to still get an A.
And yes, I'm in A2 :smile:
Original post by Nkhan
Okay 1st guys, you can get an A* for your overall A Level ICT.
I found out that you need to have 80% overall in your whole A Level and 90% in your A2 exam and coursework! So even if you get like a B in your AS it is very possible for you to still get an A.
And yes, I'm in A2 :smile:

Are you sure about this? When I did it you needed over 80% as As level and then over 90% at A2.
I remember because one of my teachers complained that someone could get 80% at As then 90% at A2 and get an A*, While someone who got 79% at As and 100% at A2 wouldn't get an A*

Thought this was the first year they had the A* system, so them may have changed it. Also it may be different for different boards, But I would check that out...
Reply 16
Original post by Pedro-the-dude
Are you sure about this? When I did it you needed over 80% as As level and then over 90% at A2.
I remember because one of my teachers complained that someone could get 80% at As then 90% at A2 and get an A*, While someone who got 79% at As and 100% at A2 wouldn't get an A*

Thought this was the first year they had the A* system, so them may have changed it. Also it may be different for different boards, But I would check that out...

I checked the spec and yeah, i'm right :smile:
Reply 17
What do you need to do for an A in ICT as level also for OCR.

I have read the OCR textbook but I am not sure if it is even that good... if it more memorising mark scheme's?
You cannot get an A* in the OCR Board of ICT. You can get A* at A Levels though - just not ICT OCR.
Reply 19
You cannot get an A* in the OCR Board of ICT. You can get A* at A Levels though - just not ICT OCR.

Yeah we figured :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending