The Student Room Group

AQA Spanish ;D

How is everyone doing GCSE Spanish going to revise for their reading and listening exams? Could you suggest ways / resources to revise from?

Also, I have found many past papers for spanish listening's but I can't seem to find the speaking (tape/audio) to go with it, & so can't do the test. Does anyone have any audio's they could send me so I can do the listening papers?

Thank You =)
Reply 1
Hey, I'm actually crapping myself for the Spanish exams! They've attached the transcript with the past paper so I guess you have to do it from that or get someone to read it to you while you do the paper.

I'm basically just going to learn all the vocab and try and do some past papers...I'm really worried since I haven't started revising but hopefully I'll do that! wbu?
Reply 2
is Spanish hard < I'm taking it for enrichement next year, btu I dont no if I should do that or critical thinking :/
Reply 3
Original post by Bambi :)
Hey, I'm actually crapping myself for the Spanish exams! They've attached the transcript with the past paper so I guess you have to do it from that or get someone to read it to you while you do the paper.

I'm basically just going to learn all the vocab and try and do some past papers...I'm really worried since I haven't started revising but hopefully I'll do that! wbu?

I know, it would have been easier if they just left the audio, because we could practise it properly! :s-smilie:

Same, I think theres 4 main topics to learn from.. So i will just learn the vocab from theree.. its hard though..

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Libby18
is Spanish hard < I'm taking it for enrichement next year, btu I dont no if I should do that or critical thinking :/

I'd say it'll be far more enriching than critical thinking :wink:

PS Spanish is awesome
Reply 5
Original post by bestfriends33
I know, it would have been easier if they just left the audio, because we could practise it properly! :s-smilie:

Same, I think theres 4 main topics to learn from.. So i will just learn the vocab from theree.. its hard though..

Yeah, do you think we'll be okay if we just learn the vocabulary?
When we did past papers in school I came across all these words that I didn't know and I'm not even sure they're on the vocab lists for AQA. Where are you getting your vocabulary lists?
You too:smile:
Reply 6
thanks :biggrin: i've always wanted to learn Spanish, but teachers are convicing me to do critical thinking because it's an AS, but I think i'll be doing Spanish! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Yeah, do you think we'll be okay if we just learn the vocabulary?
When we did past papers in school I came across all these words that I didn't know and I'm not even sure they're on the vocab lists for AQA. Where are you getting your vocabulary lists?
You too:smile:

I think its better to do practise papers aswell, from the AQA website.
I want to find a way to get the audio tapes - if you find out please send me them.
From languages online, linguascope and kerboodle.
Where are you getting yours from?
At least we have done some of our GCSE - speakings and writings :smile:
Reply 8
I think its better to do practise papers aswell, from the AQA website.
I want to find a way to get the audio tapes - if you find out please send me them.
From languages online, linguascope and kerboodle.
Where are you getting yours from?
At least we have done some of our GCSE - speakings and writings :smile:

My school uses some book called "Mira" and they make a list of vocab for us from that :\ Yeah I guess that's true, 60% done with but the 40% can still make a big difference :| I really want to get an A* but the past papers I did at school I got Cs and Ds in, with no revision. I hope with revision it'll be significantly better. My oral and writing were A/A*.

Sure if I find the audio's I'll send them but I think your best bet at the moment is to get someone to read them reasonably fast for you, that's what I'm going to do instead of using a transcript :\

Have you done any past papers yet? What have you been getting? :smile:
Reply 9
My school uses some book called "Mira" and they make a list of vocab for us from that :\ Yeah I guess that's true, 60% done with but the 40% can still make a big difference :| I really want to get an A* but the past papers I did at school I got Cs and Ds in, with no revision. I hope with revision it'll be significantly better. My oral and writing were A/A*.

Sure if I find the audio's I'll send them but I think your best bet at the moment is to get someone to read them reasonably fast for you, that's what I'm going to do instead of using a transcript :\

Have you done any past papers yet? What have you been getting? :smile:

My school also uses that book. They didn't make us a vocab list though :frown:
Thats true, 40% can make a big difference.
Same, in school i gets C's and I find the papers very hard!
I don't know my grades of my orals / speakings? I know the marks i got.. How did you work out the grades? :smile:

what are the 4 main topics?
Original post by Libby18

WARNING!!! DO Not Do (A Level) Critical Thinking.....Unless You Want To Feel As If You Have Wasted An Hour Every Week For Two Years Like Me -_-
Reply 12
Original post by JaiiStarh
WARNING!!! DO Not Do (A Level) Critical Thinking.....Unless You Want To Feel As If You Have Wasted An Hour Every Week For Two Years Like Me -_-

aha thanks :smile: I won't be, I've heard this feedback from too many people :') so spanish GCSE it is :biggrin:
Reply 13
My school also uses that book. They didn't make us a vocab list though :frown:
Thats true, 40% can make a big difference.
Same, in school i gets C's and I find the papers very hard!
I don't know my grades of my orals / speakings? I know the marks i got.. How did you work out the grades? :smile:

At the end of the Mira topics there's a summary sheet that sums up the topic, I'm just going to memorize that vocab, I got that book from my cousin since the school gave each pupil one, they didn't at our school, we just got photocopies.
And I knooow, the past papers are flipping hell, but I did them without revision so I really hope they're not an accurate calculation of what I get :frown:
And my teacher told each pupil their grade:smile: What marks did you get?
At the end of the Mira topics there's a summary sheet that sums up the topic, I'm just going to memorize that vocab, I got that book from my cousin since the school gave each pupil one, they didn't at our school, we just got photocopies.
And I knooow, the past papers are flipping hell, but I did them without revision so I really hope they're not an accurate calculation of what I get :frown:
And my teacher told each pupil their grade:smile: What marks did you get?

I got around 25ish what about you? :smile:
So hows the spanish revision going?
What books are you studing for english if you are WJEC? :biggrin:
Reply 15
I got around 25ish what about you? :smile:
So hows the spanish revision going?
What books are you studing for english if you are WJEC? :biggrin:

I think about 30ish vaguely, I really can't remember but you should ask your spanish teacher the boundaries:smile:
And an absolute fail, I haven't revised ANYTHING apart from a bit of geography and english...night before revision always seems to cut it, I hope it does this time! For some reason, the night before I'm forced to revise so I revise best :\
I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Of mice and men, wbu? :smile:
How's your revision going?
I'm actually really worried about Spanish :| Where are you getting the vocab to learn from? :smile:
The tests are getting closer ... :s-smilie:
I havent done a lot of revision..
How have you revised so far?
Do you have any tips or anything pleaseee :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest