The Student Room Group

When I look at the Royal Family I realise that I will be a peasant till I die

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Broderss
Do it. There's nothing stopping you. You just have to be intelligent and have courage and if you do there's nothing stopping you. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

You just have to be smart and have motivation in life and the ones left behind are either stupid enough to get fooled or don't care about being the fool.

That's gone in my profile :yep:
Reply 61
wtf is wrong with you? We don't live in the middle ages anymore!

Just live your life and feel good about yourself, don't think about the ****ing royal family.
That doesn't stop you from being happy though, does it? I for one know that I'll never be powerful and extremely wealthy like the Royal Family, or Alan Sugar, but that's not what I want anyway. Sure I'd like to be rich, which might happen provided all goes well, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do in life and it's not something that is going to make me a multi-millionairre, but it is something that will (hopefully) make me happy.

Why compare yourself to the Royal Family anyway? They're nothing more than a very rich family, and they're born into their wealth anyway, so of course none of us 'commoners' will ever be like them (with the odd exception, such as what happened today).
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
Money and Power does not equal happiness.

Damm right it does, Your telling me you'd be happy as a tramp on the street rather than someone with loads of money and power.

Money brings women
Power brings respect

Money + Power + Respect = top dog.
Reply 64
Original post by viksta1000
who the Royals?

nah not really. My family originates from India but i'm British Born and Bred so God Save The Queen n all that! :biggrin:

Mind you, I did promise myself that I wouldn't watch the wedding or take any interest in Royal going's on simply for not giving a toss, but I did end up watching it and must say, quite enjoyed seeing ALL of Britain come together whether they be White, Black, Brown or Purple, it was nice to see everyone uniting...and I think that the Royals are the only people to have such an influence

purple ????
Reply 65
Original post by n1r4v
Why are so desperate to get a Lambo lamps?

Is your betting coming off well recently? :o:

Because I fcuking want one damn it! There are a few sentimental reasons but I would be so chuffed to get one.
Generally avoid betting now but gonna put a cheeky score on united for C.L:tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by davidmarsh01
That's gone in my profile :yep:

All of that was mine, except the "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." part which I stole from Thomas Jefferson. Pretty wise words and they are what I hope to live my life by.
Reply 67
[QUOTE=

As far as I know, I won't ever make it big, and neither will 99% of you lot. The 1% will simply exploit us and live of our hard work. When I look at the Royal Family/rich people I realise that I will just be a peasant for the rest of my life stuck in a dead in end job.

Maybe it is down to luck, or maybe its just down to cruel calculating chance.

U are not a peasant, that is someone who works in the fields every day of their lives only to return to a mud hut knowing their harvest may fail causing them to die over the winter. Never heard so much exaggeration before :eek:
Original post by sucess
purple ????

yeah, and the blues, yellows and reds too
Original post by bognor-regis

Change your stars and live a better life than I have. (what film?)

A knight's Tale
Original post by carnationlilyrose
A knight's Tale

Correctamundo. (What film?)

Correctamundo. (What film?)

I just followed my feet.
Reply 72
Original post by slavetosociety
The Queen is worth trillions of £££ if you include all the property she owns.

Don't think her property adds up to a billion.
Reply 73
Original post by Nigel9
In Brighton everyones a queen

No, they all just look like the queen.
Reply 74
The Queen is worth trillions of £££ if you include all the property she owns.

Why would you want to be a royal? GEt followed by the press everywhere have every minute of your life watched. always having to be followed about by a ring ofsteel. I'd rather be a peasant with my xbox tv and be able to go out and get pissed every friday night.
Says the one who cannot acquire the money or power...

Its an infinite loop.

There are examples of people spending their whole lives acquiring money and power and then dying alone with no families and no one to pass this wealth and power unto.

Before everyone negs me - i did say examples, not everyone

Wealth and power does not always equal happiness, but i never said they do not AID happiness - that is something i of course agree with, money will help you achieve happiness but that depends on what makes you happy.

You may be rich and powerful but suffer from a long term illness that's incurable
Something might happen and you could lose all that power and wealth
You might have all the power and wealth and still be lonely or have an unfilled hole in your heart.
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
Damm right it does, Your telling me you'd be happy as a tramp on the street rather than someone with loads of money and power.

Money brings women
Power brings respect

Money + Power + Respect = top dog.

Yeah and then the bitch divorces you and takes half your cash.
Or she complains you don't marry her, then your respect is gone.
Original post by dioscuri
Try being happy when you have no money or no power.

It helps you achieve happiness, but it cannot buy you happiness.

How do you think people felt after wars and revolutions when they lost everything but still had the ones they loved. Did they sit down and say to their loved ones oh **** off, we are poor and powerless now, might as well go die in a hole because we lost everything.

If that were true, our society would be so different right now.
Reply 78
Original post by Miss_Scarlett
My friend is getting the Galado LP700 when it comes out...how sikk.

They are definitely worth it. And with regards to the OPs point, yeh, we arent all going to reach those dizzy heights of success but if everyone did, there wouldnt be anything special about it.

But we might as well give it a bloody good go. I know I am going to.

Cool, im uber jelly. I'm swaying more towards a murcielago theyre so damn bad ass.
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
Yeah and then the bitch divorces you and takes half your cash.
Or she complains you don't marry her, then your respect is gone.

You just don't marry her, simple as, Respect wouldn't go, you'd still have it in tact who'd give a **** what she thinks.

Plus you'd keep your lovely ££££ , still have the respect, and the power would still be there, Everyone's a winner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending