Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The_resurrection
**** Britain. **** the Union Jack.

Union Flag.

:top:
Reply 21
Original post by Broderss
You're being cynical about it. Stop that.

I'm not being cynical, the royal family is redundant and it really is sad that people can't see this.
This guy deserves to be laughed at
Reply 23
What a legend haha.
He has a point tbf.

Well nobody is keeping you here.

Union Flag.

:top:

No, it's just the Union Jack, it always has been. The term Union Jack dates from a time when a jack was a generic term for a flag, even though it was, yes, originally a jack in the modern understanding of the word (flag flown from the jackstaff of a warship underway) - it's always been the Union Jack and always should be! We're a maritime nation after all, nothing wrong with appropriating a few nautical terms here and there.
Reply 27
Original post by Bellrosk
I'm not being cynical, the royal family is redundant and it really is sad that people can't see this.

It is most certainly not redundant. If you really believe the Royal Family is of no significance whatsoever you are either stupid or ignorant.
the irrelevant coverage annoys me. who gives a f*** whether the Beckhams are here?! and all the stories about Kate's village preparing and the people camping out. *******s news! i'm going to skip BBC news for 3 days an get a copy of the Economist. the Economist filters out crap pretty well :smile:
Original post by UnknwnEntity

this has made my day!
Reply 30
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
No, it's just the Union Jack, it always has been. The term Union Jack dates from a time when a jack was a generic term for a flag, even though it was, yes, originally a jack in the modern understanding of the word (flag flown from the jackstaff of a warship underway) - it's always been the Union Jack and always should be! We're a maritime nation after all, nothing wrong with appropriating a few nautical terms here and there.

I suppose that's why people dispute America actually went to the Moon, because there's no American Jack up there.
I suppose that's why people dispute America actually went to the Moon, because there's no American Jack up there.

It's the American Flag, it's the Union Jack.

Simple, really.
"I MEAN, WHO IS SHE?"

Amazing.
Melvin.
Reply 34
A bitter old man who's lived a miserable, worthless life filled with disappointment. One should rejoice in such occasions as the Royal Wedding as it showcases what Britain still has and what it should always have and never lose.

**** off you patriotic ****.
Reply 35
That guy must have been high
Reply 36
i do feel for the guy though? he probably worked hard in life to get to wherever he is yet the royals just get everything handed to them. Im mean come on

but that wedding was beautiful though
Completely agree with him - I really do feel the public appetite for the royals in general has been completely over-estimated x 10^10000000000000000. It literally has been wall to wall coverage of an event that the Americans only seem to have an interest in because they don't have a royal family. There are more pressing issues in the world at the moment e.g Libya and the storms in the USA (AMERICANS ARE MORE INTERESTED IN THE WEDDING THAN HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE DYING IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY) Sorry, rant over, starting to sound like the guy himself. Maybe because I'm from NE England where it seems most people are republicans..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bulbasaur
Well nobody is keeping you here.

I don't consider myself British. Such a horrible, outdated, arrogant nation. Doesn't mean i don't like the country i live in.
A bitter old man who's lived a miserable, worthless life filled with disappointment. One should rejoice in such occasions as the Royal Wedding as it showcases what Britain still has and what it should always have and never lose.

I'm not a royalist and never have been but I did tune into the Royal Wedding out of sheer curiousity. And also the Royals went up in my estimation well Prince William anyway when he went on his unannounced walkabout to thank the crowds which was very nice and humbling gesture. Frankly he didn't need to do it but did if only in a small way to say thanks to all those who travelled far and wide and changed their weekly schedules and plans and spent their hard earned money to wish him well. So for that I respect him.

The issues about the guest list and the clear Tory bias is another matter. But when all is said and then even if I myself am not a fan of the Royals if it for one day at least could unite people from all walks of life in the UK with everyone being happy and jovial and having a mutual respect and admiration for each other, then I'm happy.

Besides it'll be finished in a couple of hours and we can all go back to normal.

Oh and one more thing that (the phone in) and today's Royal Wedding isn't Britain's Proudest Moment. VE Day was and in my opinion when we host the Olympic Games next Summer, that will be one of our proudest moments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending