The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is zoophilia condemned and homosexuality not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120

Well done, you posted the link.

Don't know why.. as nothing i said contributed to the need for it.
Original post by 101flyboy
It would be an irrational statement, and therefore not a credible one.

:facepalm:

It's just as irrational to say that homophobes have a mental disorder.

If you are heterosexual, it is understandable that you would find homosexual acts disturbing, just as it understandable that homosexuals find heterosexual acts disturbing.

To say that homophobes have a mental condition is unjustified and ridiculous.
Original post by Tommyjw
Literally made no sense and is essentially nothing to do with the true principle of Occams razor. Occams razor, in a simple way, is to select one of a group of theories as the 'correct one for now' if it presents less 'new ideas' and thus is a more simple option than the others. Explain how this relates to your post.

So essentially.. what?

Argh, sorry, I had a bit of a bad explanation there. My point being - it is simpler to suggest that dolphin was horny because dolphin shows all the characteristics of horniness than to suddenly put 'confusion' up there for no apparent reason.
Original post by Tommyjw
Well done, you posted the link.

Don't know why.. as nothing i said contributed to the need for it.

I thought you might be interested to actually read the source which the poster was using to back up his point.

Or if you'd rather live in ignorance, don't read it.
Reply 124
Original post by imperial maniac
An animal can't be "raped" as that is a human concept, in nature an animal would normally rape each other and is morally acceptable. As long as the animal is not harmed there isn't a moral dilemma as the issue of statutory rape only applies when the person involved is unable to make the correct decision for themselves. An animal which mounts a human has made the decision to do so, if they didn't want to, they wouldn't do it. Just because the animal's though process is different to a humans doesn't make the decision invalid.

How is zoophilia harmful to either party if neither party is harmed?

The point he is trying to make is that not that long ago people were as closed minded about homosexuality as they are about zoophilia now.

It does make the decision invalid, because the animal is not thinking in a rationed state of mind, as a human would. Also, there is no "morals" in human nature. Morality is a human concept. This isn't about morality, it's about the deleterious impact of bestiality for animals. An animal is not making a correct, incorrect decision, humans are the ones making the decision to allow the animal to have sex with them, or not.

Bestiality is known to cause harm in many ways, psychological as well as physical. There is a reason it's considered a paraphilia.

Homosexuality is not an issue whatsoever, so that's why fewer people are making an issue of it.
Reply 125
:facepalm:

It's just as irrational to say that homophobes have a mental disorder.

If you are heterosexual, it is understandable that you would find homosexual acts disturbing, just as it understandable that homosexuals find heterosexual acts disturbing.

No, it is not an irrational statement to say homophobia is a disorder. Also, I never said it was a mental disorder. It's a personality disorder and a social disease. There is no such thing as "homosexual acts". The acts 2 men/women do are very similar if not the exact same thing heterosexuals do. It is not natural as it's not seen in nature. Plenty of heterosexuals do not feel homosexual acts are disturbing, since they aren't, which again proves that homophobes are not in a rational state of being. Medical organizations classify homophobia as a disorder, take it up with them.
I am not a Zoophile. But why do you believe to Zoophilia be wrong?

If these things never got discussed in this manner Homosexuality would still be a crime, don't be so damned closed-minded.

First time i have been called closed minded so thanks haha! Idk maybe its because its a completely different species we're talking about, you dont see many cross breeds between bulls and alligators do you? theres a reason for that, you are genetically attracted to the same species and if not, there is something severely wrong... this is worse than that guy who made a thread defending incest!
Reply 127
Original post by lightburns
Argh, sorry, I had a bit of a bad explanation there. My point being - it is simpler to suggest that dolphin was horny because dolphin shows all the characteristics of horniness than to suddenly put 'confusion' up there for no apparent reason.

No apparent reason? ... :facepalm:
Obviously it is confusion. When humans have sex with humans, they know they are humans, when humans have sex with dolphins they are intelligent to know all the information to this.
A Dolphin does not have the intelligence to provide a thought process as to what define species they are 'acting sexually aroused around', why they are doing it and why it is any different that doing it towards another dolphin.
Same reason a dog essentially humps anything in it's path.

Umm.. not really, it is a scientific fact based on what constitutes as a mental disorder.

I thought you might be interested to actually read the source which the poster was using to back up his point.

Or if you'd rather live in ignorance, don't read it.

Link provides nothing of importance to this discussion what so ever. The 'article' does not discuss anything factual, scientific or anything of the sort

Thus it is clearly not ignorant of me if i had not read it
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 128
Original post by cttp_ngaf

There are many important comparisons to be made between homosexuality (which has, very recently, received widespread and official endorsement), and other minority sexual practices which are still regarded with the utmost disapproval.

It's a known fact bestiality is harmful, which is why it's defined as a paraphilia, and why it's illegal. That's just the way it is. You can google and learn for yourself.

Homosexuality is in the same group with heterosexuality. So unless you use the same arguments with "heterosexuality" or "straight", you are basically saying homosexuality is on the same plane as sex with animals, or sex with children, sex with objects. That is incorrect and irrational.
It's a known fact bestiality is harmful

Righty ho.
Why is this?

I am not talking about animals being forced to mate with humans, rather an intimate sexual relationship between both partners, to which both have consented in their own way and in which neither party is harmed.

It just seems like a double standard to me, I don't understand either zoophilia or homosexuality. The arguments for homosexuality and the arguments for zoophilia appear to be fairly similar. Yet one is outright condemned and the other is accepted as normal behaviour.

1. Both parties involved are consenting adults.

2. Both zoophilia and homosexuality are a sexuality, rather than a fetish.

3. Both involve an intimate relationship.

4. Both occur in nature.

5. Neither can result in offspring.

Thoughts? I don't even know why this came across my mind, I guess this is what happens when I do too much procrastinating.

Please note: I am not a troll, BNP supporter, a homophobe or a Zoophile, I am a student trying to have a sensible discussion and understand the logic behind people's opinions.

1. I'm not sure how much you can gauge that an animal is consenting.

3. It's an intimate relationship, for sure, but the pleasure could be one sided for all we know - you can't ask an animal how it feels.

4. So does killing, that doesn't make it right.

I see what you're getting at, but I think the inherent difference is that one is between two species and the other is between two members of the same species. Also, whatever Darwin says, 'animals' are seen as different to humans by the majority of people. And, as I mentioned, you can't gauge the pleasure that the animal is receiving from this, whereas you can with a human.
Original post by Tommyjw
No apparent reason? ... :facepalm:
Obviously it is confusion. When humans have sex with humans, they know they are humans, when humans have sex with dolphins they are intelligent to know all the information to this.
A Dolphin does not have the intelligence to provide a thought process as to what define species they are 'acting sexually aroused around', why they are doing it and why it is any different that doing it towards another dolphin.
Same reason a dog essentially humps anything in it's path.

Even a dolphin should be able to distinguish between a human and a dolphin - otherwise they'd never survive evolutionarily to make more dolphins.
This wins the title of the Most Retarded Thread EVER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRm8okHhapU
Reply 134
Even a dolphin should be able to distinguish between a human and a dolphin - otherwise they'd never survive evolutionarily to make more dolphins.

It is not the case of making a distinction. It is the case that they do not know what constitutes as 'a different species' .
An animal cannot give full consent. Neither can communicate this consent as effecitvely as they can through the same species.

They are also completely unable to be fully informed. Which is the main point. They get confused.
Original post by flubadiblam

Original post by flubadiblam
First time i have been called closed minded so thanks haha! Idk maybe its because its a completely different species we're talking about, you dont see many cross breeds between bulls and alligators do you? theres a reason for that, you are genetically attracted to the same species and if not, there is something severely wrong... this is worse than that guy who made a thread defending incest!

So? What's wrong with having sex with animals? It's no more or less wrong than if homosexuality, as there isn't any harm from it and both parties involved consent.

Your argument seems to be: It's wrong because you aren't genetically designed to have sex with animals, you aren't genetically designed to be homosexual either. Incest is wrong because the offspring have genetic faults that results in them having a poor quality of life, zoophilia doesn't produce any offspring.

That's just the way it is.

The statement that ensues when a closed minded individual has run out of arguments to back up his opinion.
Reply 137
if a woman was to present itself to an animal and that animal went on to have sex with her... surely you could argue that the animal wanted it and consented to it, as did the woman? :s its a very weird topic
Original post by Tommyjw
It is not the case of making a distinction. It is the case that they do not know what constitutes as 'a different species' .
An animal cannot give full consent. Neither can communicate this consent as effecitvely as they can through the same species.

They are also completely unable to be fully informed. Which is the main point. They get confused.

They will know what constitutes 'not a dolphin'.
They cannot as effectively communicate consent, but there are bodily signs known by the knowledgeable, and if they initiate sex..

They can be fully informed about all they need to know. They know what sex is.
Reply 139
They will know what constitutes 'not a dolphin'.
They cannot as effectively communicate consent, but there are bodily signs known by the knowledgeable, and if they initiate sex..

They can be fully informed about all they need to know. They know what sex is.

Ok now i can see your unintelligent so i'm going to stop soon.

Animals lack the high intelligence humans have. We have thought process's that allow us to think about ethical + moral issues and things like that, animals do not.

A human looking at a dog knows 'That is a dog, not a human like me, we a re a different species'. It is quite obvious that a Dolphin does not look upon a human like this. It does not take a genius to realize this.

Body signs means nothing. Sex is generally pleasurable for all animals (however this does not mean they have 'sex for pleasure') because of the associated sexual organs, so unless the man having sex with the dolphin hurt it.. it wouldn't show any bodily signs against it. And for the last time.. you cannot say they 'initiate sex'. They are not informed to do so, they simply lack the intelligence to know and think 'you are a human, i am horny, i want to have sex with you' , what they are doing is primal instinct.

Btw, the original story, load of complete BS. Weird f'ed up guy saying the dolphin flirted with him? .. Just shows how pathetic it is.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending