The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Er, no! I'm mixed-race myself but even I wouldn't like that! I think a country should predominantly consist of natives, because otherwise countries lose their identity and national flavour, and everything just becomes a melting pot.
Original post by abc101
Er, no! I'm mixed-race myself but even I wouldn't like that! I think a country should predominantly consist of natives, because otherwise countries lose their identity and national flavour, and everything just becomes a melting pot.

There's no such thing as natives. Who's are the natives here?? The dinosaurs??

Whether you like it or not the world is becoming more like you.
Reply 162
Why? What is so wrong with Britain remaining White? Why is it so desperately terrible that things remain as they are? I don't know why so many people hate on the fact that Britain has in fact been White for many, many years.
Original post by aliluvschoc
Why? What is so wrong with Britain remaining White? Why is it so desperately terrible that things remain as they are? I don't know why so many people hate on the fact that Britain has in fact been White for many, many years.

its always been white..........
Reply 164
Original post by humanrights
its always been white..........

Well that's kind of what I meant, rather that this has been the case for such a long time too. (I suppose I should have said decades/millennia + or something, not years.)
Well that's kind of what I meant, rather that this has been the case for such a long time too. (I suppose I should have said decades/millennia + or something, not years.)

hey, no problem. its probably me being a bit pedantic with the comment anyway.

but i agree. why are people so desperate to see britain cleansed of its original white natives ?

do these people think india would be a better place for example if it became majority white?
Well I'm mixed race and I wouldn't be bothered either way tbh. I don't let race become an issue to me and if the day did come that everyone was mixed race it wouldn't change a thing for me because I don't let the colour of ones skin effect how I think of them. I guess some people would want to 'preserve' their race, or like the idea of diversity but as I'm mixed race and so don't completely fall into one 'race' I might see things differently. I would just let things take their natural course and wouldn't really care either way...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 167

Because it would show the human race is not progressing enough. Immigration is natural and it would show Britain has merely become an isolationist state.
Reply 168
Well, that's your definition of progression....
I'm mixed race, and honestly I couldn't give two s**ts if we did become 50% of the population or not.
I judge people based on who there are, not what they are.
Original post by ConnorB
I'm mixed race, and honestly I couldn't give two s**ts if we did become 50% of the population or not.
I judge people based on who there are, not what they are.

Well it is the way the world is going.

Racial divisions are going and the world will just blur which is better. :smile:
Where is the 'couldn't care less' option?
Original post by Beebumble
Where is the 'couldn't care less' option?

I didn't want people sitting on the fence. Thats too easy.
Reply 173
Original post by QwentyJ
Well, that's your definition of progression....

Yes, humans of colours interacting is a sign of progression by most people standards. I don't want ghettos of white/black/asian living in isolation from each other. I want a mix race Britain.
Reply 174
Original post by Gnobe

Original post by Gnobe
Yes, humans of colours interacting is a sign of progression by most people standards. I don't want ghettos of white/black/asian living in isolation from each other. I want a mix race Britain.

No you really don't. No-one wants to be the same. Why don't you get it? No-one wants this apart from you and your deluded friend sharpshooter. We're all for more racial harmony and mixed race relationships, but we are not for the total demolition of different races within the country. No-one wants to be the same. Hence the result of your poll. The sooner you realise this, the better.
Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
having a mixed raced majority is a bad thing (for me anyway) because pure blondes would disappear. i love blonde women too much to let this happen:mad:

We need more nordic immigrants... That would be hard since theyre countries are better than ours though :frown:
Original post by notastudent
We need more nordic immigrants... That would be hard since theyre countries are better than ours though :frown:

Yes, yes we need more Nordics, why are they so much better looking than everyone else?:angry: They're too cosy up there with their ginormous welfare states; no wonder they don't want to emigrate.
Reply 177
Original post by QwentyJ
No you really don't. No-one wants to be the same. Why don't you get it? No-one wants this apart from you and your deluded friend sharpshooter. We're all for more racial harmony and mixed race relationships, but we are not for the total demolition of different races within the country. No-one wants to be the same. Hence the result of your poll. The sooner you realise this, the better.

Look races will never totally be the same, that's not how genetics works, but I would like everyone to roughly have a black grandfather, white grandmother, east asian grandfather, south asian grandmother etc etc. Everyone has something non european about them within 2/3 generations.

The more skin colours we have the more variety we have and the more tolerant will become. :smile: White British people have low birth rates so we need more immigrants otherwise at some point we'll end up being like Japan. I like to see us a mixture of the world, which we will be in time if we keep our immigration policy liberal. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 178
Original post by Gnobe
Look races will never totally be the same, that's not how genetics works, but I would like everyone to roughly have a black grandfather, white grandmother, east asian grandfather, south asian grandmother etc etc. Everyone has something non european about them within 2/3 generations.

The more skin colours we have the more variety we have and the more tolerant will become. :smile: White British people have low birth rates so we need more immigrants otherwise at some point we'll end up being like Japan. I like to see us a mixture of the world, which we will be in time if we keep our immigration policy liberal. :smile:

This does not equate.
Reply 179
Original post by QwentyJ
This does not equate.

What does not equate? That we wont become more tolerant to different peoples with increasing diversity? Course we will be, it's a certainty

Latest

Trending

Trending