The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is zoophilia condemned and homosexuality not?

Scroll to see replies

I don't see how sex with an animal is sex between two consenting adults, and it does not really occurr in nature, just as cats and dogs don't have sex.
Original post by Fonix
Y..Huh?

Seriously?

Firstly, how would you know the animal is consenting?

It's quite simple really, and involves the typical courtship behavior demonstrated by the particular species. If you knew what to look for, you could tell when a female, makak, say, was sexually fertile.

Further, I think it another issue is that we take from animals the right to life, the right to live free, and give them the right to be sexually independent.

Did the makak consent to being put in a zoo? Well, did it?
Reply 142
Original post by imperial maniac
The statement that ensues when a closed minded individual has run out of arguments to back up his opinion.

Actually, this entire debate is based on a position that is untenable. So therefore, that's just the way it is is merely a statement in fact, that reality is what it is, and you simply can't change it to suit you.
Just because it can't talk, doesn't mean it's consenting.
Reply 144
Original post by SteveCrain
It's quite simple really, and involves the typical courtship behavior demonstrated by the particular species. If you knew what to look for, you could tell when a female, makak, say, was sexually fertile.

Wow.. so your actually trying to say that an animal consents to sex with a human if it behaves in the same way it does with it's own species?

Literally ridiculous.
Original post by Tommyjw
Wow.. so your actually trying to say that an animal consents to sex with a human if it behaves in the same way it does with it's own species?

Literally ridiculous.

QFT good to know someone has sense.
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
just as cats and dogs don't have sex.

:confused:
Original post by Tommyjw

Literally ridiculous.

Well if an animal behaved that way to a human it wouldn't be the way it behaves to its own species. I'm saying that there are mating patterns of behaivor which are essentially consents
Original post by tommm
If OP is serious, a better parallel to draw is with child molestation: neither a child nor an animal can properly give consent.

Well that's more a fetish than a sexuality plus the OP already said "consenting".
Reply 149
Well if an animal behaved that way to a human it wouldn't be the way it behaves to its own species. I'm saying that there are mating patterns of behaivor which are essentially consents

... Your first sentence makes no sense. An animal does not change it's primal sexual instincts dependant on species..

They are not 'essentially consents' :facepalm:

The basic nature of consent means one has to be full aware and informed of everything. Any animal other than a human lacks the intelligence to be in such an informed state of mind.
Original post by WelshBluebird
:confused:

It isn't generally naturally occurring that different species have sex, for example cats and dogs, so why would it be for humans and other species?
Original post by Tommyjw

The basic nature of consent means one has to be full aware and informed of everything. Any animal other than a human lacks the intelligence to be in such an informed state of mind.

So animals can't mate with each other, because they don't know what to expect?

Care to approach the other issue, about the right to sexual celibacy from humans being more important than "the right to not be put in a cage for your entire life and eaten when you are supple enough"?
Reply 152
So animals can't mate with each other, because they don't know what to expect?

Care to approach the other issue, about the right to sexual celibacy from humans being more important than "the right to not be put in a cage for your entire life and eaten when you are supple enough"?

Your continuing to make no sense whatsoever.
Don't know what to expect? What? Try to elaborate on your idiotic points so i can at least make sense of what your saying. The relations of the same species bears no meaning on those of the human species. When an animal kills another it is not murder.. etc etc. You cannot take the morals, ethics and thoughts of the human species and try and tie it in with that of others.

Your second point makes no sense either. I cannot believe you are trying to make a correlation between humans an animals as being 'sexually celibate' . Completely and utterly ridiculous. Nor does how you are somehow referencing it to the farming of animal meat.

Please, for the sake of humanity, just give or up or atleast stop posting stupid idiotic things such as this and make it a logical normal post that a reasonable person can make sense of.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Don't know what to expect? What? Try to elaborate on your idiotic points so i can at least make sense of what your saying.

Your second point makes no sense either. I cannot believe you are trying to make a correlation between humans an animals as being 'sexually celibate' . Completely and utterly ridiculous. Nor does how you are somehow referencing it to the farming of animal meat.

Please, for the sake of humanity, just give or up or atleast stop posting stupid idiotic things such as this and make it a logical normal post that a reasonable person can make sense of.

and your post didn't address the issues I raised; rather it took the form of a personal attack. Does change scare you?

You have failed to point out a floor in argument.
So? What's wrong with having sex with animals? It's no more or less wrong than if homosexuality, as there isn't any harm from it and both parties involved consent.

Your argument seems to be: It's wrong because you aren't genetically designed to have sex with animals, you aren't genetically designed to be homosexual either. Incest is wrong because the offspring have genetic faults that results in them having a poor quality of life, zoophilia doesn't produce any offspring.

Incest doesn't necessarily mean you have to have a baby so there goes your argument.

I doubt an animal would voluntarily let a person fondle its privates, hence why you dont hear stories about blokes ****ing dogs or bears. you're talking about animal rape you sicko, i hope you're a troll because if not, the amount of money you need to spend on therapy will set you back a few hundred grand.
Original post by Tommyjw
Don't know what to expect? What? Try to elaborate on your idiotic points so i can at least make sense of what your saying. The relations of the same species bears no meaning on those of the human species. When an animal kills another it is not murder.. etc etc. You cannot take the morals, ethics and thoughts of the human species and try and tie it in with that of others.

Ok we can't talk about morals with relation to animals, so why have any then?
Reply 156
and your post didn't address the issues I raised; rather it took the form of a personal attack. Does change scare you?

You have failed to point out a floor in argument.

Ok we can't talk about morals with relation to animals, so why have any then?

Yet again more jibberish. Please think about what you right so that it makes sense. You made no real point, any 'point' i ignored i did so because it did not make any sense.
Reply 157
and understand the logic behind people's opinions.

You're not going to find much logic on TSR, most people here live sheltered lives and are deeply rooted in their prejudices.

Of course, every rational person knows that there is nothing wrong with a consensual zoophillic relationship.

Animals have FAR less qualms and neuroses about sex than humans do. They like to eat, ****, sleep etc. They enjoy it, and they don't stop to think about ethical implications, which is because there aren't any.

Sorry but it's borderline ridiculous suggesting other animals can't consent to sex, that is what they were BORN to do, and is completely NATURAL.

Who are we to say they are somehow not intelligent enough to perform a natural bodily function? Who are we to say they can't stick that there because it feels good?

Are you telling me animals can consent when they want to copulate with their own species, but somehow when it's another species they can't consent? That doesn't make logical sense.
Reply 158
Original post by WelshBluebird
Dogs naturally hump anything! Pillows, other dogs, shoes, etc etc. Doesn't mean they want sex with the object / thing.

:facepalm:
Reply 159
Original post by Stefan1991
You're not going to find much logic on TSR, most people here live sheltered lives and are deeply rooted in their prejudices.

Ye, a forum with an above-average intelligence compared to the rest due to it's nature (a forum for students) has no logic. Quite clear your a bit of a hypocrite here..

Of course, every rational person knows that there is nothing wrong with a consensual zoophillic relationship.

Trying to back up your own ridiculous opinion by making completely false assumptions based on the complete opposite of what people say.. good job.. didn't realize anyone was this self indulged.

Animals have FAR less qualms and neuroses about sex than humans do. They like to eat, ****, sleep etc. They enjoy it, and they don't stop to think about ethical implications, which is because there aren't any.

Yet again, showing lack of intelligence. Ethics has nothing do when we are talking about purely an animals mind. Ethics is a topic based upon the understandings of any species that is intelligent enough to form these ethical reasonings. Humans are the only species to do so in such a way.

Sorry but it's borderline ridiculous suggesting other animals can't consent to sex, that is what they were BORN to do, and is completely NATURAL.

Animals cannot consent to sex with humans. They 'consent' to sex with their own species (to which it is raw primal instinct, there is little relative thought process's going on such as in a human's mind). The mere word consent means you must be fully aware of what is going on and fully informed about it. An animal cannot be fully informed as to what is going on, it lacks the base intelligence to do so. Your an idiot if you think otherwise.

Who are we to say they are somehow not intelligent enough to perform a natural bodily function? Who are we to say they can't stick that there because it feels good?

Continuing to prove your stupidity. No-one stated they do not have the intelligence to have sex, well done for making that point up.

Are you telling me animals can consent when they want to copulate with their own species, but somehow when it's another species they can't consent? That doesn't make logical sense.

Perfect logical sense actually. Obviously you cannot see that for whatever reason. One animal having sex with another in it';s own species is dignified by certain emotional and physical signs, the animals have developed through nature to mating with each other. The animal does not go around thinking 'i'm gonna have sex because it feels good and cuz i'm bored' it is just pure instinct that makes them do it .

Anything else you silly little man? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending