The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

I really don't like the song Born this way. I think its boring and i'm not a gaga fan. Looking forward to the Glee episode but not them singing the song particularly

ohhh NoN on Monday :biggrin:
Reply 3721
Original post by magnum.opus
Dude! I think Glee did so much better in singing "Born This Way" than Gaga :ninja: Odd, eh?

Spoiler

Original post by museobsessed

I really don't like the song Born this way. I think its boring and i'm not a gaga fan. Looking forward to the Glee episode but not them singing the song particularly

ohhh NoN on Monday :biggrin:

The performance on Glee really makes the song in my opinion.

Ahh, NoN. The memories.
Original post by e hine e

That's because it included

Spoiler

I just saw you're from the US? That means you get the episodes as they air in perfect condiiton, not viewed on livestream on a laptop??????

Chris Colfer was great (although I have to say he sucked in the song "As If We Never Said Goodbye", like really really sucked), but I loved when Jenna Ushkowitz sang :smile:

And I don't have a T.V., so I watch episodes on Hulu the day after they air :yes:

One more thing: wasn't "I Feel Pretty/Unpretty" such a great song for Glee, too?!

Original post by Toph

Spoiler

Haha, I also like some Glee renditions more than the originals.

And I was wondering, is "Toph" an abbreviation for Christopher?

Chris Colfer was great (although I have to say he sucked in the song "As If We Never Said Goodbye", like really really sucked), but I loved when Jenna Ushkowitz sang :smile:

And I don't have a T.V., so I watch episodes on Hulu the day after they air :yes:

One more thing: wasn't "I Feel Pretty/Unpretty" such a great song for Glee, too?!

just a warning, we spoiler all info on epidodes that havn't appeared in the UK yet. We've just seen original songs and get night of neglect on monday night. Please don't spoil future episodes, thank you :biggrin:
Reply 3726
Haha, I also like some Glee renditions more than the originals.

And I was wondering, is "Toph" an abbreviation for Christopher?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toph_Bei_Fong

No, she's a character from my favourite cartoon :cool:

Spoiler

At least I don't need to be jealous of another person watching it live then :rofl:

Spoiler

just a warning, we spoiler all info on epidodes that havn't appeared in the UK yet. We've just seen original songs and get night of neglect on monday night. Please don't spoil future episodes, thank you :biggrin:

Huh?
What is the lag between the US and the UK (I assume that people in the UK can also watch the episodes on Hulu at the same time as me?)

Original post by Toph
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toph_Bei_Fong

No, she's a character from my favourite cartoon :cool:

Oooh I see. I was just wondering because some people in my family call me "Toph" instead of my full name, Christopher. The 'o' is pronounced like 'go'- is that the same way for the cartoon character?

Edit: and the "ph" is pronounced like a 'f'
(edited 12 years ago)

Huh?
What is the lag between the US and the UK (I assume that people in the UK can also watch the episodes on Hulu at the same time as me?)

we don't get hulu at all. thats a US only site. We get tv programmes on catch up but only after they've aired over here. they air on mondays and this monday is night of neglect (we didn't have hiatus because we started the season so much later than you)

At least I don't need to be jealous of another person watching it live then :rofl:

Spoiler

Question: are you hiding my comments because this last show hasn't aired in the UK yet? If so, how do you know what I'm talking about? (Could someone explain the time difference to me?)

And AIWNSG sounded too gay for me :teehee: I mean no offense (I'm gay myself), but Kurt sounded too high-pitched, and I just didn't feel the same emotional connection :dontknow: Maybe I will have to hear the audio, though, so I can experience the better quality :yep:
Reply 3732
Oooh I see. I was just wondering because some people in my family call me "Toph" instead of my full name, Christopher. The 'o' is pronounced like 'go'- is that the same way for the cartoon character?

Hmm, I never thought of it being short for 'Christopher' before :smile: It's pronounced 'toff' but with an American accent... seeing as the voice actors are American an all :p:
I can only assume they didn't realise what 'toff' meant in England!

Question: are you hiding my comments because this last show hasn't aired in the UK yet? If so, how do you know what I'm talking about? (Could someone explain the time difference to me?)

And AIWNSG sounded too gay for me :teehee: I mean no offense (I'm gay myself), but Kurt sounded too high-pitched, and I just didn't feel the same emotional connection :dontknow: Maybe I will have to hear the audio, though, so I can experience the better quality :yep:

the crazies on here who know what you're talking about on the last few episodes watch live streams of US Tv or torrent episodes once they've been uploaded hence they can watch the episodes before they come out here.

we don't get hulu at all. thats a US only site. We get tv programmes on catch up but only after they've aired over here. they air on mondays and this monday is night of neglect (we didn't have hiatus because we started the season so much later than you)

You guys are getting "Night of Neglect" on Monday?! Wow, there is definitely a gap :s: My apologies; I won't ruin any more episodes.... but didn't you find it shocking how Kurt died in the latest episode?!

jk :lol:
Reply 3735

Spoiler

Spoiler

You guys are getting "Night of Neglect" on Monday?! Wow, there is definitely a gap :s: My apologies; I won't ruin any more episodes.... but didn't you find it shocking how Kurt died in the latest episode?!

glad we're cool about the whole thing :biggrin:
yeh it sucks getting the episodes later than you which is why most people on here download it or livestream instantly

Yes some of us in the UK watch livestream from the US or see videos after it's broadcast their but others choose to wait until the episode airs on TV. With it being a UK site we spoiler everything that hasn't aired on TV here because it's not fair if something is ruined when people just happen to pop into the thread...it's also not fair if they can't come into the thread to discuss episodes as they air for fear of being spoiled. So I can still read all the spoilers :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Toph
Hmm, I never thought of it being short for 'Christopher' before :smile: It's pronounced 'toff' but with an American accent... seeing as the voice actors are American an all :p:
I can only assume they didn't realise what 'toff' meant in England!

Ooh, well "Toph" is a non-standard nick-name, so the anime character was probably named "Toph" without any relation to the English "Christopher" (I may be the only person in the US nick-named "Toph", even :ninja:)
the crazies on here who know what you're talking about on the last few episodes watch live streams of US Tv or torrent episodes once they've been uploaded hence they can watch the episodes before they come out here.

I take huge amounts of offence at being called a crazy :eek3: I was never crazy before Glee :frown: before season 2 in fact :frown:

You think that's a long gap? We had to wait until March for the Christmas episode!

Quick Reply

Latest