The Student Room Group

Funny how nothing happened in the news today........

Funny how nothing happened in the news today........set for the "royal wedding" i dont think anybody died in syria today or the civil arrest in Libya was still going on and everything was fine and rosey :smile:. Just shows how much of a control the elite have over these pawns today.
Maybe if we had a Royal Wedding everyday it would result in world peace :biggrin:.
Reply 2
I know, it was so nice to have just positive news for once :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Gemma :)!
Maybe if we had a Royal Wedding everyday it would result in world peace :biggrin:.

That's actually not a bad idea. Plus we'd always have days off in the sun :biggrin:
Reply 4
They still showed the news, you can buy the newspaper check it up online. There are loads of ways to get information.
Reply 5
Oh yes, god forbid we go a single day without hearing about bloody Libya. It's not like it's been in the news every single day for the past 2 months or anything.
Reply 7
Original post by Tefhel
I know, it was so nice to have just positive news for once :smile:

I couldn't agree more. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Tony_Soprano1
Funny how nothing happened in the news today........set for the "royal wedding" i dont think anybody died in syria today or the civil arrest in Libya was still going on and everything was fine and rosey :smile:. Just shows how much of a control the elite have over these pawns today.

The news talks about what people want to hear, they are all in competition for viewers....so it says more about the public than the TV channels. Dunnit.

The journalists around the world are still reporting, if you cared, it's a google click away.
It was lovely to watch the news and smile tbh. Let us have this happy day without moaning please. Tomorrow it's back to misery.

On a brighter note i saw myself :ahee: was so exciting
Reply 11

No they don't? Someone of us get our news from more than just the BBC front page.
Not exactly..

BBC News spent 25/30 mins on the Royal wedding then went

"btw 300 dead in USA tornados, weather forecast pls" in the last 5 minutes

Positive news show was better than Libya 24/7 though.
Reply 13
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
It was lovely to watch the news and smile tbh. Let us have this happy day without moaning please. Tomorrow it's back to misery.

Yea, it's awful having to watch people dieing every day. It sucks so much having to sit in our houses with money food and water watching people dieing, I wish people less fortunate than me would stop ****ing dieing. It's just annoying me so much. They don't know how lucky they are!

Or maybe people just don't care... (Badly phrased, know it's happening but aren't particularly interested in the latest details).

It is incredibly easy to find out about those events if you look for it - if you're that interested in them you can look it up yourself instead of relying on the media to spoon-feed you.
Original post by chrislpp
Yea, it's awful having to watch people dieing every day. It sucks so much having to sit in our houses with money food and water watching people dieing, I wish people less fortunate than me would stop ****ing dieing. It's just annoying me so much. They don't know how lucky they are!

You clearly don't understand the concept of "awfulness". It's not either awful or fine, there is a spectrum between them. It's quite possible to feel bad about something while accepting worse things are happening in the world.

I take it you wouldn't go up to someone who's parents were just killed and say "stop your moaning, people are dying worse deaths all the time".
Original post by Prince Harry
On a brighter note i saw myself :ahee: was so exciting

Hahah what are you doing here?! stalking pippa are we?lol
Original post by ibysaiyan
Hahah what are you doing here?! stalking pippa are we?lol

shush dont tell anyway, the missis will be pissed if she finds out
Reply 18
I thought it was a positive thing and lots of people were happy today.

We should all be grateful that incident similar to 9/11 or the London bombings didn't occur.

Quick Reply

Latest