The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by canimakeit
Of course white people would be any group of people in a country would be upset if they became a minority, but this is silly white people make up 92% of the British population fear mongering at its best.

It's likely to be less than that now, that was back in 2001 ten years ago.

England was 90.9% white in 2001, 6 years later in 2007 in 88.2%, now??

Come on....
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by humanrights
why should ethnic europeans, ie white people have to justify why they want to remain a majority group in their own homeland?

would you ask these questions to the chinese for example if they were being colonised by whites?

Well you clearly think it is your right for your country to be a majority white nation, which seems to be the view of many people, which is fine. Do you think other countries deserve this right too then, for instance Peru ?

Yeah, I would to be honest. If you disagree with me, okay, I just don't buy into the whole us against them argument. I'm just interested in the reasoning behind peoples opinions.
as a British Indian...I agree with the polls

England is and always will/should be a predominately White English/British country....foreigners who wish to migrate here can do so in the knowing that they should/will accept British values and embrace British culture

As a member of the Asian community, I feel saddened by the fact that people who are foreign but choose to welcome British culture into their lives and adapt are still looked down upon as 'them foreigners' or 'them asians/pakis' or whatever (admittedly by the lower classes who forever claim that foreigner's 'come ere and tek arrr jobs' when in actual fact, those skinheaded twits are nothing but bone-idle, lazy good-for-nothing pieces of trash that ruin the reputation of this country by using migration as an excuse for their poor academia and inability to gain a career due to the simple fact that they are lazy)

So in conclusion
To Foreign migrants (not including British Born people of foreign decent) - We, as a nation of a proud British Public welcome you to our country given that you are to embrace our culture, and to accept British Values

To British Born of Foreign Decent (including myself) - Class yourself as British, you are lucky enough to be born and raised in one of the most multicultural societies in the world, so cherish it. Many people in my position get brought up in very religious environments at home and there's nothing wrong with that, but that's where it should stay, at home. We're British and we need to live embracing British culture too!

and to native British folks - guys I speak on behalf of the foreign nations out there when I say, all we ask is for you to accept us as one of your own!

Thank you and long live Britannia! :biggrin:

EDIT: why the neg? I just want peace :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sharpshooter
It's likely to be less than that now, that was back in 2001 ten years ago.

England was 90.9% white in 2001, 6 years later in 2007 in 88.2%, now??

Come on....

To be honest as time goes on people will have less severe views about it as they will become accustomed and children will be used to seeing multiple ethincties.

So if it ever does happen which I doubt (certainly not anytime soon) I wonder if it would still be 73%.
Reply 264
It's just part of the human condition, most people like to be around people who look like them. I don't see how this can be considered disgusting.
Original post by viksta1000
as a British Indian...I agree with the polls

England is and always will/should be a predominately White English/British country....foreigners who wish to migrate here can do so in the knowing that they should/will accept British values and embrace British culture

As a member of the Asian community, I feel saddened by the fact that people who are foreign but choose to welcome British culture into their lives and adapt are still looked down upon as 'them foreigners' or 'them asians/pakis' or whatever (admittedly by the lower classes who forever claim that foreigner's 'come ere and tek arrr jobs' when in actual fact, those skinheaded twits are nothing but bone-idle, lazy good-for-nothing pieces of trash that ruin the reputation of this country by using migration as an excuse for their poor academia and inability to gain a career due to the simple fact that they are lazy)

So in conclusion
To Foreign migrants (not including British Born people of foreign decent) - We, as a nation of a proud British Public welcome you to our country given that you are to embrace our culture, and to accept British Values

To British Born of Foreign Decent (including myself) - Class yourself as British, you are lucky enough to be born and raised in one of the most multicultural societies in the world, so cherish it. Many people in my position get brought up in very religious environments at home and there's nothing wrong with that, but that's where it should stay, at home. We're British and we need to live embracing British culture too!

and to native British folks - guys I speak on behalf of the foreign nations out there when I say, all we ask is for you to accept us as one of your own!

Thank you and peace! :biggrin:

as a white moderate who welcomes immigration i love to hear these kind of comments. it really is about numbers not hatred.

i mean, what other people on earth would be accepted to cheer their own demographic demise?......only us white people it seems.

yes, you are british, and as british person i hope you can carry on defending the white majority. after all, if i went and lived in india for example, i would have to be pretty arrogant to want to change it into a white nation.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by canimakeit
To be honest as time goes on people will have less severe views about it as they will become accustomed and children will be used to seeing multiple ethincties.

So if it ever does happen which I doubt (certainly not anytime soon) I wonder if it would still be 73%.

Well I agree with you in that nobody will care by 2066. But it will likely happen anyway, mixed race marriages are increasing and will be a majority at some point eventually. :smile:
Reply 267
Well I agree with you in that nobody will care by 2066. But it will likely happen anyway, mixed race marriages are increasing and will be a majority at some point eventually. :smile:

No they won't, there's not enough non white and mixed raced people in Britain for mixed marriages to be a majority, not nearly enough.

Anyways back onto the subject. People are trying to make this out to be racism when it's not. It's simply a case of people liking what Britain is and what it stands for and not wanting it to change. Most native British people are white, to suggest a country which is majority non white is suggesting a country that'll be vastly different to the country we live in today, with different culture, historical links and ways of doing things. It's not so much a case of people wanting Britain to remain primarily white but a case of people wanting Britain to remain primarily British and not to morph into something else under the influence of foreign cultures.

I do love how certain left wing people manage to twist anything into racism though. How they suggest that having a pride in your nation and not wanting it to change is racist, how they suggest wanting a cap on immigration is racist and that British people have no natural rights to live in Britain vis other nationalities.
as a white moderate who welcomes immigration i love to hear these kind of comments. it really is about numbers not hatred.

i mean, what other people on earth would be accepted to cheer their own demographic demise?......only us white people it seems.

yes, you are british, and as british person i hope you can carry on defending the white majority. after all, if i went and lived in india for example, i would have to be pretty arrogant to want to change it into a white nation.

i'm just speaking the truth my friend :wink:

hopefully we can educate those British and foreign social bores (who wish to either change this country to something other than Britain or create a nazi 'white supremacy' Britain) to adapt to our way of thinking so we can embrace a peaceful multicultural society that abides by British values :smile:
ajp100688
It's not so much a case of people wanting Britain to remain primarily white but a case of people wanting Britain to remain primarily British and not to morph into something else under the influence of foreign cultures.

So you're saying British = white

What's skin colour got to do with culture?? We can still have a 75% black/mixed race society and still be culturally British. To suggest anything other wise is ridiculous.
Original post by viksta1000
i'm just speaking the truth my friend :wink:

hopefully we can educate those British and foreign social bores (who wish to either change this country to something other than Britain or create a nazi 'white supremacy' Britain) to adapt to our way of thinking so we can embrace a peaceful multicultural society that abides by British values :smile:

here here. :smile:

of course, the other scary option is a balkanised state because of mass immigration and the resulting racial divisions.
here here. :smile:

of course, the other scary option is a balkanised state because of mass immigration and the resulting racial divisions.

I hate racial divisions

It's like at my college, we have the congregation of the Asians who wish to stick together in the corner, with the Chinese opposite and the Black students next to them, makes me feel sick looking at them, I don't understand why they find it so difficult to socialize amongst their white peers, perhaps afraid of racism? :confused: but I honestly don't know

I think the technical term for people like myself is a coconut - brown on the outside, white on the inside :biggrin:

Education is key IMO, educating people from all backgrounds to accept one another...I really hope that in my lifetime we find peace between religions, cultures and nations, as I love it when we see multicultural cooperation in society

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 272
So you're saying British = white

What's skin colour got to do with culture?? We can still have a 75% black/mixed race society and still be culturally British. To suggest anything other wise is ridiculous.

No I'm saying that most immigrants to the country have rather different cultures than white British thus the 'generic' view in the public's eyes is a White Protestant/Atheist Liberal, not a British Muslim or a Polish-British Catholic (note also white but still not the thing you think of when you think 'British'). It has nothing to do with race other than the fact that the original British people were white and they were the ones that created what 'Britishness' means. In contrast you have many immigrants who practice rather different ways of life in this country, so you wouldn't immediately associate them with 'Britishness'.

However there's nothing stopping someone black or asian being British and having a very British outlook on life, random example: Konnie Huq, descendant of Bangladeshi immigrants but comes across very middle class British.

The point is White British people invented Britishness, defined it and for many generations were the only people who were British. It doesn't stop people from other ethnicities becoming British but they're not as intermeshed with the concept as the original 'British' and you don't immediately think of someone down Brick Lane running an Indian restaurant when you think of 'British' you think of a very middle class white suburban family.

Of course people like yourself suggest this means White = British which is *******s and is just flinging around the racist PC attacks. The point is that White Britsh people invented what it means to be British and for the vast majority of the history of the concept were the only representatives of it, thus it's not surprising to tie the two concepts together. It doesn't mean that to be British you have to be White, far from it.
(edited 12 years ago)
I think what a lot of people are ignoring is that the figure of 88% does not include white immigrants...so actually the percentage of white people overall in this country is higher than stated and it doesn't matter if they're not all British - within a generation they will be.

"the so-called other white group is projected to grow the fastest, driven by immigration from Europe, the US and Australasia."

*referring to future trends*
"The research shows the white British population shrinking from 87.1% to 67.1% and the white Irish group shrinking from 2.5% to 2.1%. The other white group share grows from 2.5% to 9.9% the greatest gain. Asian groups increase their share by three percentage points, black groups by two percentage points and Chinese and other ethnic groups by 2.6 percentage points."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jul/13/uk-population-growth-ethnic-minorities

So actually the largest growth is occurring in white-immigrant communities so the idea that this country is in threat of becoming a white minority is utterly ridiculous and there's no point even discussing it.
Ain't gna happen, go home people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nomes89
So actually the largest growth is occurring in white-immigrant communities so the idea that this country is in threat of becoming a white minority is utterly ridiculous and there's no point even discussing it.
Ain't gna happen, go home people.

Yes that was the Leeds university study, assuming that Polish people will still walk in their thousands into this country, even though they may have a booming economy in about 15 years time, have low birth rates themeselves and are actually leaving this country because Germany and Austria have lifted their restriction quotas on polish immigrants (you can only have restrictions for a maximum of 7 years after a new member joins the EU - Poland did back in May 2004). Many Poles prefer Germany because it's only a car drive away, the German economy is better shape, and not to mention they have a huge Polish diaspora over there anyway.

David Coleman's studies obviously suggest that White British will be a minority be 2066 or earlier.

So yes they are both basically saying that White British people ARE declining but at what rate we don't know yet. It's difficult to know what the factors will be in 20 years time. But they are declining, whether it be 20 years, 50 years, 300 years, they will be a minority at some point, and I think that will be a good thing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nomes89
I think what a lot of people are ignoring is that the figure of 88% does not include white immigrants...so actually the percentage of white people overall in this country is higher than stated and it doesn't matter if they're not all British - within a generation they will be.

Oh yes it does. 600,000 eastern europeans (if there are still that many) equate to just under 1% of the population. If we were at 87.5% White, then they would add it to 88.5%, not an awful lot, and a lot of them aren't here forever.

Also a lot "White" countries you're relying on, are "non-whitening" themselves. America is expected to have a white minority by 2042, the number one country that goes to Australia now are the Chinese, (India and other Asian countries aren't too far behind). New Zealand will have a white minority at some point this century, as will many other western european countries (Holland for example is only 80% ethnically Dutch now).

So the concept of "dark planet" which some of those on stormfront are fearing might actually be coming true. Poor births rates from whites primarly. Too rich and are declining. White decline, Obama's election was evident of that.
It's clear that white Britain is still quite racist.

Can you expand on this please? How does this make us racist?

In my opinion, the current proportion of immigrants is enough. If we ever reach your 'dream', then I believe that it would cause many people to become racist.

Can I ask, just out of interest, are you white British, or are you of foreign origin? This might explain these views you have - you hear of current ethnic minorities struggling in universities for example, because they're not white British (why would impose this upon people in their own country?).

If you are white British, then I'm really struggling to understand why you have these views.
Reply 277
Anyone should be unhappy if their country's citizens were a minority; their land is being taken over! It's natural to show national pride. However there is a massive distinction between being black and white, and being born-British with British parents and black, and being white and Polish. The greater problem is, as stated above, that if a flock of non-British citizens came over and tried to colonise then that wouldn't be good, however we cannot discriminate against the third and fourth generation black people whose parents are from continents such as Africa - they are as British as anyone else, and have as much of a right to be here.
Don't care. It's just skin colour. We're all humans
Reply 279
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334271/Eight-want-tighter-controls-immigration---Lib-Dem-voters-want-cap.html

(Here's the poll in full)

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/excel/YouGov-Poll-Restricting-NonEC-Mig301110.xls

A YouGov/Migration watch poll has recently shown that 73% of British people conducted in their poll responded to being unhappy at the prospect of Britain becoming a white minority state by 2066.

The poll also showed that 81% of British support the immigration cap introduced by the conservatives.

Tbh I'm quite disgusted at this poll. Regardless of what you say about YouGov or Migration Watch it shows that there are clearly a lot of people do not like this. Britain has about 11-12% of ethnic minorities as it's population not to mention and I'm pretty most of those didn't respond to being unhappy. Which doesn't say much about everyone else in the poll.

It's clear that white Britain is still quite racist. This is supposed to be good thing for the country for christ sake!

Firstly its not racist, unlike your post.

An immigration cap is a good thing, stops overpopulation and stops a minority of immigrants who just live off benefits instead of working.

Latest

Trending

Trending