The Student Room Group

Are there any members of the English Royal Family at University at the moment?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good grades =/= intelligence
Reply 21
Original post by Wick3d
Yet he stilled studied at St.Andrews. Wonder how he got into there. :rolleyes:

You can easily pull strings if you're Royalty ...
Reply 22
Maybe Will just didn't try at A-level? On account of him being all Royal and whatnot. I'm above average intelligence ( :facepalm2: I know :rolleyes: ) and had good GCSE results. But I'm not trying at AS level yet and am on D's. I know people a lot less intelligent than me that are getting A's because they put the work in. Grades do not equal intelligence.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by A level Az
Well that's your opinion, but I'd say Geography/History of Art are medicore A levels; its hardly further mathematics, or chemistry, or english, and his Biology grade was only a C, so yeah. As someone mentioned, he went to Eton, so they really aren't good grades. I agree with you about the 2.1 though, even if it is in Geography.

And <3 how you didn't comment on Harry at all :smile:

It's largely subjective. What you find easy others might not.

I did Maths, Physics, History and English, and I personally found English very straightforward.
Reply 24
Who gives a flying _ _ _ _?
Reply 25
Original post by Steevee
Maybe Will just didn't try at A-level? On account of him being all Royal and whatnot. I'm above average intelligence ( :facepalm2: I know :rolleyes: ) and had good GCSE results. But I'm not rying at AS level ye and am on D's. I know people a lot less intelligent than me that are getting A's because they put the work in. Grades do not equal intelligence.

Neither did I, but I got much better grades than you.
Reply 26
Nope; the royal family are actually pretty thick. William only achieved ABC at A level in medicore subjects, and Harry achieved an abysmal B in art and D in geography, so he sort of knows how to draw a hill (as Russell Howard once said :P).

Alan Sugar and Richard Branson did crap in school, does that make them thick? Let me answer that for you: no makes you thick for being so ignorant. They probably make more money in a year than you'll make make in 10 lifetimes.
Reply 27
Original post by robpcdude
Neither did I, but I got much better grades than you.

Not trying yet :wink:

I do plan to get As at A-level overall you know :wink:

Oh, and congrats on feeling superior to someone to the internet. Bet it gives you a nice warm glow doesn't it?
Reply 28
Original post by HarryA

Original post by HarryA
Alan Sugar and Richard Branson did crap in school, does that make them thick? Let me answer that for you: no makes you thick for being so ignorant. They probably make more money in a year than you'll make make in 10 lifetimes.

Money is not the only measure of success, and arguably much less important than other qualities. You're deluded if you seriously think having money means having it all...
Well that's your opinion, but I'd say Geography/History of Art are medicore A levels; its hardly further mathematics, or chemistry, or english, and his Biology grade was only a C, so yeah. As someone mentioned, he went to Eton, so they really aren't good grades. I agree with you about the 2.1 though, even if it is in Geography.

And <3 how you didn't comment on Harry at all :smile:

English never struck me as being a particularly hard a-level, and Geography is harder than you'd imagine (unless you actually sat it?). No idea about History of Art, and I'd be surprised if you did either. Regardless, he got the grades he needed to get into his course (why bother getting higher than you need?) and got a good degree. So your "pretty thick" claim is ludicrous (as well as your "William and Harry are the entire Royal Family" insinuation).

I didn't comment on Harry at all because it's pretty hard to use a B and a D at A-level to demonstrate someone isn't "pretty thick". Not that it proves he is. A large proportion of the population doesn't even get that far, and there are countless reasons why he didn't get grades he may have been capable of. For instance, I got ABC at A-level yet I'm fully aware that I could have gotten better marks if I did more work. Doesn't make me "thick", just either lazy, unmotivated or uninterested in getting higher grades.
Original post by und
Money is not the only measure of success, and arguably much less important than other qualities. You're deluded if you seriously think having money means having it all...

Good grades don't equal being clever either.
As has been said, Eugenie is at Newcastle. Edward Windsor, Lord Downpatrick, is at Oxford reading modern languages.
Reply 32
Original post by und

The ability to build and manage incredibly successful business > Doing well on A-levels because you revise
Original post by callum9999
Regardless, he got the grades he needed to get into his course (why bother getting higher than you need?) and got a good degree.

I wouldn't say History of Art is a good degree. Pretty useless in fact.
Original post by vedderfan94

Your point being?
Original post by TurboCretin
Um, he studied at Edinburgh...

Who? William certainly didn't.
Original post by callum9999
Who? William certainly didn't.

Yup, my bad.
Why? :facepalm2:
Original post by Steevee
Maybe Will just didn't try at A-level? On account of him being all Royal and whatnot. I'm above average intelligence ( :facepalm2: I know :rolleyes: ) and had good GCSE results. But I'm not trying at AS level yet and am on D's. I know people a lot less intelligent than me that are getting A's because they put the work in. Grades do not equal intelligence.

If you were that clever, you'd work harder.
Original post by vedderfan94

Kate Middleton wouldn't be the Duchess of Cambridge if she hadn't taken it :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending