The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do (ex-girlfriend)

Me and my girflriend spilt up abotu 5 weeks ago, I was happy at first but then I realised how much I missed her. She wouldn't take me back as she said I hurt her too much, all I did was tell her my feelings had changed for her, but even when realised they hadn't, she still wouldn't take me back. I heard from friends/her that she was with other guy after we broke up, that hurt me so much and I went into a deep state fo depression for a few weeks. Now today I foudn out she has a new boyfriend and she is staying at his house tonight. I really don't know how to deal with this as I thought I was getting over he but hearing this has been such a setback. Knowing she moved on and is happy is hurting me so much, expeically because I haven't fully moved on and I still long to be with her again.

My question is, what do I do in this sort of situation? I feel so down and I can't deal with the fact that another guy is with her. We were each others first loves and I ****ed up massively, now she's moved on and I just don't know how I'm ever going too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's been 5 weeks, wait more time and you will move on.
Go out with the lads, chat up everything with a pulse, do any that are game, when you're over your ex start looking for another proper relationship if that's what you want. It beats depression any day :biggrin:
Reply 3
You will, jesus I've never had any relationship. You''re only young, there will be someone, if you get back to yourself for a bit and recharge, there'll be someone who will blow you away.
Reply 4
I know its only been five weeks, but I need to know what do in the mean time, untill I start to feel better. Yes I have been going out with my friends, and trying to get over her, but it's not helping. I pulled some random girl in a club, and the next day, I felt like **** and I regretted it.

Fair enough I am young, but why do you assume that? There may well be other girls, but at the moment I can't see that, as I was VERY lucky to meet my ex.
Reply 5
Dude, focus entirely on the negative aspects about her. Take your time and mourn. Do not contact her. You'll be fine.
Compare her to Cheryl Cole...
Reply 7
Original post by Dan-Scotland
I know its only been five weeks, but I need to know what do in the mean time, untill I start to feel better. Yes I have been going out with my friends, and trying to get over her, but it's not helping. I pulled some random girl in a club, and the next day, I felt like **** and I regretted it.

Fair enough I am young, but why do you assume that? There may well be other girls, but at the moment I can't see that, as I was VERY lucky to meet my ex.

Because mate, everyone's got problems. I'm 30 ffs, nout wrong with me but because of being skint etc no real relationship. And I promise, if you hang in and focus on career, what you want to do etc, eventually it comes together. You progress in career, you won't regret that you did nothing, I speak from experience. And then you'll meet someone who blows you away. I've had people I thought were all, but then it becomes someone else.
Reply 8
If you doubted your feelings for her, then the relationship was right to come to an end. It should never be a question of doubt.

You are probably only feeling like this because you've experienced what it's like not to have her (we all want what we can't have, it's psychological) and because someone else has her, you are jealous.
If you were to get back together, you'd only start to regret it again within time.
Jealousy is a bitch, the worst kind of feeling, it will tear you apart.

She should not have moved on this quickly, and maybe she's only rebounding.
You're better off not knowing what she's up to.
Don't cut off all ties (I'm a girl who's just been dumped and I think he's about to tell me we can't be friends- like ALL guys do, it's a second lump of **** to to add to the heartbreak of the break up)
Stay friends, but don't check her fb every day/ ask her friends what she's up to socially, because it will only bring you down.
Reply 9
Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
I absolutely depair sometimes. Are you having a laugh? What nice girl in their right mind would consider dating an idiot who'd "chat up everything with a pulse, and "done" any that are game"?? Absolutely gross, you wouldn't go near somebody who had done that..

OP, ignore this.

He's probably one of those leery men who try grinding you in a club who you'd just give a little kick to the balls.
I absolutely depair sometimes. Are you having a laugh? What nice girl in their right mind would consider dating an idiot who'd "chat up everything with a pulse, and "done" any that are game"?? Absolutely gross, you wouldn't go near somebody who had done that..

OP, ignore this.

Get over yourself. It happens and you would be a fool to think otherwise.
Move on, lessons have been learned.
Original post by ohokay
If you doubted your feelings for her, then the relationship was right to come to an end. It should never be a question of doubt.

You are probably only feeling like this because you've experienced what it's like not to have her (we all want what we can't have, it's psychological) and because someone else has her, you are jealous.
If you were to get back together, you'd only start to regret it again within time.
Jealousy is a bitch, the worst kind of feeling, it will tear you apart.

She should not have moved on this quickly, and maybe she's only rebounding.
You're better off not knowing what she's up to.
Don't cut off all ties (I'm a girl who's just been dumped and I think he's about to tell me we can't be friends- like ALL guys do, it's a second lump of **** to to add to the heartbreak of the break up)
Stay friends, but don't check her fb every day/ ask her friends what she's up to socially, because it will only bring you down.

This. It was very wrong of her to move on this fast, if my ex was with someone else now I'd definitely feel terrible but you have to remember it's probably a rebound and you can make yourself feel somewhat morally better by thinking they're a slag for doing it.

I just broke up with my ex and literally everytime I go on his page and see him having a good time with his friends and stuff I just get really upset.

I know he's just as sad about our break up as I am (it was a mutual thing) but when he's having such a great time according to Facebook then it seems like he's moved on without a second thought and that gets me down even though I know he's upset. On the flipside of that my own Facebook looks pretty cheery as well so from his perspective I'm alright with it as well so if it makes him annoyed as well we should probably both stop looking at each other's Facebook pages.
(edited 12 years ago)
Try and forget about her and concentrate on other things. Go out with friends or something and time will make you get over her.
Reply 14
Original post by Faustus Fotherby
This. It was very wrong of her to move on this fast, if my ex was with someone else now I'd definitely feel terrible but you have to remember it's probably a rebound and you can make yourself feel somewhat morally better by thinking they're a slag for doing it.

I just broke up with my ex and literally everytime I go on his page and see him having a good time with his friends and stuff I just get really upset.

I know he's just as sad about our break up as I am (it was a mutual thing) but when he's having such a great time according to Facebook then it seems like he's moved on without a second thought and that gets me down even though I know he's upset. On the flipside of that my own Facebook looks pretty cheery as well so from his perspective I'm alright with it as well so if it makes him annoyed as well we should probably both stop looking at each other's Facebook pages.

My ex rarely uses his facebook so it's impossible for me to see how he's doing. I on the other hand have gone from rarely posting a status to posting about 5 million on how much fun im having in the hope he'll see them. Sad I know, but it goes to show you can't trust what you read!
Original post by ohokay
My ex rarely uses his facebook so it's impossible for me to see how he's doing. I on the other hand have gone from rarely posting a status to posting about 5 million on how much fun im having in the hope he'll see them. Sad I know, but it goes to show you can't trust what you read!

Yeh I'm almost certain that what's going on his FB page isn't a true reflection of how he's feeling, particularly when he thinks about us :frown:
Original post by ABCI23
Get over yourself. It happens and you would be a fool to think otherwise.

Um, did you read what I wrote or can you not grasp simple concepts? Shall I spell it out in a simpler way for you, dear? Yes, it does happen, and those who behave in such a way are tainted, disgusting, and not worth the time of decent women.

Better?
Um, did you read what I wrote or can you not grasp simple concepts? Shall I spell it out in a simpler way for you, dear? Yes, it does happen, and those who behave in such a way are tainted, disgusting, and not worth the time of decent women.

Better?

Your opinion, which accounts for FA. Now get off you're high horse and stop sucking lemons, dear.
Original post by ABCI23
Your opinion, which accounts for FA. Now get off you're high horse and stop sucking lemons, dear.

Counts for quite a lot, dear, and I think you'll find it's pretty universal with respectable, classy women. Why would they settle for something that's poked around with any old tarts?

I think we have a dirty shagger in denial in our midst, somehow..
(edited 12 years ago)
Counts for quite a lot, dear, and I think you'll find it's pretty universal with respectable, classy women. Why would they settle for something that's poked around with any old tarts?

I think we have a dirty shagger in denial in our midst, somehow..

You're opinion accounts for a lot? Or I could step away from the computer and thank the heavens above that I will not meet a stuck up bitch like you.
Realise that people are different to you.

Cheers for the neg rep, much appreciated. Give a ****, to be honest. I'm done.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending