The Student Room Group

I'm 27 yr old girl and still a virgin...

Hi

I'm 27, female and still a virgin. Through choice of course - had many opportunities in past but didn't. I'm waiting for marriage.

Have briefly dated a couple of times but haven't had sex or oral or anything. Just mild touching up that's all.

Never lasted long as I liked the people but hate dating for some reason.

I'm waiting for marriage.

Anyone else in the same boat ... ?

Scroll to see replies

If you hate dating how are you going to get married? There are a few people that wait for marriage but it's not very common these days.
how the hell are you going to get married if you dont like dating
Reply 3
Original post by *Dreaming*
If you hate dating how are you going to get married? There are a few people that wait for marriage but it's not very common these days.

This. In fact I don't know anyone who is waiting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm not waiting for marriage. For all I know I may never get married. The idea of dying a virgin doesn't sound to appealing.
I don't really understand why you expect to get married if you hate dating? if your waiting for marriage a religious thing? if so maybe have an arranged marriage?

Do you break up relationships cos you don't like dating...but once your in a relationship not really the same of dating.

Think the only thing you can do is power through the dating bit...but if u dont like spending time with people then you should rethink getting married at all....just buy a vibrater
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I'm 27, female and still a virgin. Through choice of course - had many opportunities in past but didn't. I'm waiting for marriage.

Have briefly dated a couple of times but haven't had sex or oral or anything. Just mild touching up that's all.

Good luck with that.
Reply 7

Hi

Good for you :smile: It's refreshing when people stick with their convictions with regard to holding off on making love. There's so much societal pressure and peer pressure these days to lose your virginity when you're in your teenage years, and I kinda think 'Why?' Not sure about the whole hating dating thing, though. Maybe you've just not enjoyed dating before because you haven't connected with the guys in the way in which perhaps you want? Though I'm just guessing here. I'm sure you'll start to enjoy dating at some stage, though :smile:
Shiny toy?

Itll be alright dear
Reply 9
Your only 27, hold out till your 40, if no luck by then, marry the richest guy you know.
I don't think you can really have met the right man if you didn't enjoy dating. Just saying. When you meet the right person, you'll see that everything makes more sense. I know it's cheesy and kind of weird to say but it was the case with my ex and I, I wasn't interested in dating before I met him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi

I have ultimate respect for people like you (guys or girls), keep it up! I would love to marry a girl with such a high level of self respect and decency.

Edit: However, hating dating, doesn't sound good. Why do you hate it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by King-Panther
I have ultimate respect for people like you (guys or girls), keep it up! I would love to marry a girl with such a high level of self respect and decency.

Edit: However, hating dating, doesn't sound good. Why do you hate it?

Are you saying that girls that have sex before marriage have no self respect and decency? :s-smilie:
arranged marriage?
Reply 14
hello :sexface:

though you'll always be alone if you don't date. or you'll live with someone but it will be a miserable marriage because you've settled for them as there was no other option. get out there and meet guys and go on dates, there's no need to sleep with any guys you meet and the ones who will wait for you are probably better marriage material.

but some of my white friends have lots of sex with many random men and they also like to all have sex with the same black men whenever one of their group meets one. there's nothing wrong with this behaviour either just like there's nothing wrong with your decision to go against social norms.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
I'm an 18 year old boy and still a virgin(believe in sex after marriage)...every girl that has shown an interest in me just seem to like me even more if i tell them i'm a virgin cos they think i'm cute and cant understand why i am. THEREFORE I CAN TO SOME TO SOME EXTENT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH.
Kate Middleton did ok and she's a 29yo non virgin
Original post by *Dreaming*
Are you saying that girls that have sex before marriage have no self respect and decency? :s-smilie:

Yeah, well atleast not as much as the OP. I dislike girls and guys who sleep around, I sincerely hope my wife is as decent as I. Its going to be hard finding one but God knows best.
Reply 18
Damn girl, you wanna be any more old fashioned?
Reply 19
Original post by Broderss
hello :sexface:

though you'll always be alone if you don't date. or you'll live with someone but it will be a miserable marriage because you've settled for them as there was no other option. get out there and meet guys and go on dates, there's no need to sleep with any guys you meet and the ones who will wait for you are probably better marriage material.

but some of my white friends have lots of sex with many random men and they also like to all have sex with the same black men whenever one of their group meets one. there's nothing wrong with this behaviour either just like there's nothing wrong with your decision to go against social norms.

Like 1/1,000000 guys that'll wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending