The Student Room Group

Lost my temper with medic cousin

:frown: yesterday I just exploded.

Put up with so much snobbery and patronisation from this cousin of mine. She does medicine and underestimates how hard other people's degrees are.

There was this french couple on the lift with us on our way home, I told her lemme try and understand what they're saying and she laughed at me and said pahh and laughed at me and grrr i just exploded, I said I did A level french and I was not stupid. Such a little thing... she's said far worse to me.

I'm dyslexic and I'm finding first year of Uni quite difficult and I know I took out my frustration on her. She's staying in my house during exam time and it's become awkward. She's told her siblings and now they're all kinda ganging up on me... dedicating fb statuses to her and stuff.

I feel so alone and stupid. Wish I kept my gob shut.

Don't know what to do. Shall I apologise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
:

Don't know what to do. Shall I apologise?

Apply to medical school, then she can't make fun of you
This one of the reasons that being a 4th year medic i have about 5 medic friends
no man, just relax. ur cousin seems wierd...
Reply 4
Don't apologise. Your the one who will be living it up in the years to come while she is still attending to old men's catheters as an F1 doctor.
Medicine is a great career choice but if she is so arrogant to believe it is the only worthwhile career, she won't make a very good doctor.
I think you should just sit down with her and explain what she was doing and why you exploded.
Reply 5
r ur family indian?
Reply 6
She made a few "phone calls" and now her siblings who I'm pretty close to are going against me. :frown: I'm doing Mathematics and she said some of the stuff I'm doing she did at A level. :lolwut: seriously?! I'm doing her a favour by letting her stay in my house.
Reply 7
Original post by sohinder
r ur family indian?

I'm south east asian yes, Indian no. Why do you ask?
Reply 8
She made a few "phone calls" and now her siblings who I'm pretty close to are going against me. :frown: I'm doing Mathematics and she said some of the stuff I'm doing she did at A level. :lolwut: seriously?! I'm doing her a favour by letting her stay in my house.

You're not at LMU, are you?
Tell her to stop acting like a snobby child.

Also, why were you listening in on someone elses conversation? That's a bit rude if they're speaking your language, if you go out of your way to translate it...
tell her to beat it, beat it, beat it.. she gotta beat it dun dun

seriously, dont apologise.. confront her again and tell her to stop being such an ********
Reply 11
Original post by Planar
You're not at LMU, are you?

No, we both attend the same Uni, she's part of the medical student. Why?

Original post by Persephone9
Tell her to stop acting like a snobby child.

Also, why were you listening in on someone elses conversation? That's a bit rude if they're speaking your language, if you go out of your way to translate it...

I don't know, I studied the language for 7 years and suddenly I hear it. I have a passion for French, it's nothing to do with the content. More the language.
Reply 12
Personally I would find a maths degree harder than a medicine degree.

Also, what would you say the answer to 6/2(1+2) is?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Dedicating fb statuses? Sounds like online blood bullying.
Reply 14
Original post by Occlusal

9? lol :facepalm2: if it's wrong.
Reply 15

if i see that question again im going to rip your balls off
Reply 16

I'm south east asian yes, Indian no. Why do you ask?

my family are Punjabi and they're into the whole medicine snobbery just ignore her
Reply 17
Original post by G550NDH
if i see that question again im going to rip your balls off

Just thought I'd ask a maths student instead of a load of GCSE students.
Don't ****ing apologize. I am in the same position as you, my cousins go to Eton and they constantly look down their noses at me because I go to state Grammar school. They narrowly beat me in GCSE's and AS levels, one of them has been rejected by Oxbridge and is reapplying next year, part of me hopes he doesn't get in.

(edited 12 years ago)
I don't know, I studied the language for 7 years and suddenly I hear it. I have a passion for French, it's nothing to do with the content. More the language.

I agree with this. It tests your language skills. If I were to hear two people speaking Spanish I would try to translate because I don't really get enough practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending