The Student Room Group

Emma Watson : Bullied ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13247493

Apparently she was bullied at Brown.

"Reports had alleged that students said "10 points to Gryffindor" - a reference to a house at Hogwarts, the school for wizards in the Harry Potter films - when Miss Watson correctly answered questions in class."

That is harsh but still :rofl:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think saying "10 points to gryffinder" is bullying. It sounds like (very lame) banter to me.

She denies it and I beleive her. Who'd bully somebody at a university as good as Brown? And bully a beautiful, famous and talented actress at that? Sounds like more rubbish from the press.
She's got millions in the bank, is adored by the media and is hot. What do they have? :mmm:
Original post by Fo-Shizzle
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13247493

Apparently she was bullied at Brown.

"Reports had alleged that students said "10 points to Gryffindor" - a reference to a house at Hogwarts, the school for wizards in the Harry Potter films - when Miss Watson correctly answered questions in class."

That is harsh but still :rofl:

But it says in the article that she said that never happened and that she wasn't bullied...?
there's no way she could have been bullied. she's a world famous actress who's beautiful and studies at an American university; this would probably strengthen her position because she'd be extremely popular. If anyone tried to bully her at Brown many people would have rallied to her defense in an instant; she's too popular to be bullied. If anything, maybe some mild teasing happened but that's not bullying.
Reply 5
Meh. She is smart enough to take that as banter I would say.
Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
there's no way she could have been bullied. she's a world famous actress who's beautiful and studies at an American university; this would probably strengthen her position because she'd be extremely popular. If anyone tried to bully her at Brown many people would have rallied to her defense in an instant; she's too popular to be bullied. If anything, maybe some mild teasing happened but that's not bullying.

teasing/bullying - difficult to differentiate the two sometimes...

Probably all a load of rubbish in order to sell more newspapers tbh. She's the winner in all of this anyway. Attractive woman, some will say she's a talented actress, very financially comfortable etc...

She does need to grow her hair, it looks crap at the moment.
I know people who've met her (she lives near me).

Apparently she's the most stuck-up cow on the planet, so I'm not surprised.
Original post by CB91
She's got millions in the bank, is adored by the media and is hot. What do they have? :mmm:

A spine.
I read that she just moved because she wanted to change to a course that Brown didn't offer. Bit farfetched :p:rolleyes:
Original post by CB91

some of them might have the ability to actually act.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by white_haired_wizard
teasing/bullying - difficult to differentiate the two sometimes...

Probably all a load of rubbish in order to sell more newspapers tbh. She's the winner in all of this anyway. Attractive woman, some will say she's a talented actress, very financially comfortable etc...

She does need to grow her hair, it looks crap at the moment.

Something that I finally agree with you on :shock:
Original post by Deshi
Something that I finally agree with you on :shock:

You agree with me considerably more than you like to let on. Same goes for the other crumblers in the Liverpool and Arsenal threads.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
A spine.

I'm pretty sure she has a spine you know. :lolwut:

Original post by silverbolt
some of them might have the ability to actually act.

She a decent enough actor to be fair. Daniel Radcliffe, however, is awful.
Reply 15
She's too smart, wealthy, popular and hot to get bullied anywhere.
Reply 16
I find it increasingly mystifying that people (particularly males over the age of eighteen) continue to insist on describing Emma Watson as 'beautiful': she has all the unadulterated sex-appeal of a female Justin Bieber. Then again, perhaps I'm just not young enough to appreciate the allure of a girl who hasn't visibly aged since her fifteenth birthday; give it another five years and I'm sure I'll toe the party line.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Profesh
I find it increasingly mystifying that people (particularly males over the age of eighteen) continue to insist on describing Emma Watson as 'beautiful': she has all the unadulterated sex-appeal of a female Justin Bieber. Then again, perhaps I'm just not young enough to appreciate the allure of a girl who hasn't visibly aged since her fifteenth birthday; give it another five years and I'm sure I'll toe the party line.

Why is this handsome young man wearing a dress?

You can't bully a Burberry model, she will go all kung fu on their ass.
Original post by Tallon
I don't think saying "10 points to gryffinder" is bullying. It sounds like (very lame) banter to me.

She denies it and I beleive her. Who'd bully somebody at a university as good as Brown? And bully a beautiful, famous and talented actress at that? Sounds like more rubbish from the press.

It definitely doesn't sound like bullying, I'd agree with you on that.

However, the fact that it's Brown doesn't mean that bullying wouldn't occur. Just because the students would be more intelligent than most, it doesn't mean that they know how to treat other people with respect.

Also she can't act for toffee.

She was sort of fit until she cut her hair. Now she looks like Bieber's little brother
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest