The Student Room Group

Change Course?

I have applied and been accepted for civil engineering, yet I would now like to change it to mechanical.

Should I email them now and ask if this is possible or should I just do it once I get to uni in September? is it usually no problem to change or might I be stuck in Civil?
Original post by crazybike
I have applied and been accepted for civil engineering, yet I would now like to change it to mechanical.

Should I email them now and ask if this is possible or should I just do it once I get to uni in September? is it usually no problem to change or might I be stuck in Civil?

Contact the university and ask if and when a change from civil to mechanical engineering would be most appropriate.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Contact the university and ask if and when a change from civil to mechanical engineering would be most appropriate.

So would I just contact the admissions office or the faculty leader or is there some other specific place?
Original post by crazybike
So would I just contact the admissions office or the faculty leader or is there some other specific place?

Contact the course leaders for each course (the one you want to transfer to, and the one you want to transfer from) or faculty leader if there's no specific course leader.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending