The Student Room Group

If Kate Middleton was black...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nigel9
The Irish built that City

part of what makes it so awesome
Original post by Cool story bro
so? there are nepalese gurkhas in the british army, they are not british.

you still didn't answer my question...you can't be black and British
Original post by SpunkyVanDros
you still didn't answer my question...you can't be black and British

can't you? this is news to me.
Original post by qwerty_mad
Erm, isn't the Queen German and her husband Greek? For all we know, they're probably related to Hitler!

To be correct, we're all related to Hitler.
Original post by U.S Lecce
can't you? this is news to me.

it's what she is implying. so it's also news to me
If Edward had to abdicate to marry a divorcee, do you REALLY think they'd have let William marry a girl who isn't of European descent?

They'd have no problem a hispanic, italian, greek girl etc if she had darkish skin but there's no way on Earth would they have let him marry an Arabian or Black girl. Noooo way.
Original post by ilickbatteries
If Edward had to abdicate to marry a divorcee, do you REALLY think they'd have let William marry a girl who isn't of European descent?

They'd have no problem a hispanic, italian, greek girl etc if she had darkish skin but there's no way on Earth would they have let him marry an Arabian or Black girl. Noooo way.

But that was way back in the 1930s. Different society back then. You know have the first in line to the throne married to a divorcee and is set to become king once the Queen retires/dies.
Original post by Cesar Lecat
But that was way back in the 1930s. Different society back then. You know have the first in line to the throne married to a divorcee and is set to become king once the Queen retires/dies.

Good point actually, aye.

Still don't think they'd have let William marry a black girl though.
Reply 188
This thread is such utter utter *******s. If Kate was black and William wanted to marry her, there'd be no one stopping him. William is more answerable to the media than he is to his own family.
Reply 189
Original post by qwerty_mad
But why?

Honestly, I'm not starting an argument here, but that is just outrageous and really sad.

How is it outrageous?? What? It's as if your argument is based on some kind of proof that he wanted an asian/black girl. Lol. Anyways to go along with your argument, is it any different from a Muslim dad who finds out his daughter is dating an English guy? Tell me that! Idiot.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
In short, no, she wouldn't have been allowed to marry William.

Original post by 0201Bean
I agree.

Original post by Seble
This is so true. Someone should photoshop her though to see what she would look like, out of curiosity... :biggrin:

You're all talking nonsense and you all have little faith in the colour blindness of the royal family. I think religious affiliation would probably be a bigger issue than race anyway.
Reply 191
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Yes she would have.

Militant Black Guy Would Have Went AWOL On The Queen.

'You're supposed to be our Queen yet because of the colour of my skin you are mean, bitch you're a disgrace to the human race'.

^thats what he would have said.

:gunfire::gunfire::gunfire::gunfire::gunfire::gunfire:

LEGEND!
Misleading title, was expecting an edited picture of Kate Middleton with black skin.
No. That's why they had Diana killed - so she wouldn't have a Muslim child with Dodi Al-Fayed. The same mentality would apply to this scenario. No way would they have allowed William to marry a black woman.

I hate the royal family.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 194
Why do people always come out with things like this?

If you take an example of another country, where the majority isn't white, and a member of whatever is equivalent to our royal family wants to marry someone white, you'll have the same problem.

The families within the social circles that the royal family are going to 'marry into' are going to be white, because that's how the history of our country dictates it to be.
Original post by wavey93

LEGEND!

Agreed :adore:

He has me in absolute stitches with his rhymes. :rofl:
Reply 196
Because the English Royal Family has always been "White" and personally, I wouldn't like to see it any other way. You may say I'm racist, but I'm not! It just doesn't seem right that a black or Asian woman should be a princess.
I don't think there's anything written down against it. The bigger issue would be if she wasn't an Anglican, or prepared to pretend to be one. That would be serious.
Original post by JW92
This thread is such utter utter *******s. If Kate was black and William wanted to marry her, there'd be no one stopping him. William is more answerable to the media than he is to his own family.

Nonsense. The Queen wouldn't let him **** about with hundreds of years of history. It may seem trivial to the rest of us, but to the royals (and Daily Mail readers) it would have been an absolute scandal.
I hate that the colour of someone's skin is still an issue- with regards to the answer to this thread and the fact that this thread was actually created.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending