The Student Room Group

Starting to lose motivation for revision.... how to 'spice it up'?

I am revising for an ICT exam in June. After revising for about 2 weeks by reading through 2 different textbooks I am starting to lose motivation. At first I would happily get out the book and start revising then testing myself. However, now I am not as focused and I need a change in revision-style.

WHat do you recommend?

Are there any useful websites out there for ICT revision? And what else can I do?

Cheers
Reply 1
I tend to get most of the masturbation done in the morning, it gives me a clear head for the rest of the day.

Oh, and drink some coffee?
Reply 2
sex
Reply 3
I try to alternate my revision between reading and making colourful mindmaps.....its still horribly boring though. I can't wait until the summer!!!
Reply 4
Make new notes and highlight them, or record yourself saying certain sectons and listen to them over and over again. There's different ways of revising, but make it different as constant revision involving the same thing will just make things boring.

Also for motivation.. If you have a prospectus of a uni that you really want to go to etc, put that near you everytime you revise. When you lose motivation, just look at it. That way you will realise that all this work will pay off as you will go to the university that you want.

Good luck in your exam btw mate :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Mr cone
I tend to get most of the masturbation done in the morning, it gives me a clear head for the rest of the day.

Oh, and drink some coffee?

This.

Also try pouring oregano on your revision notes.
Reply 6
I don't do ICT, but for my revision I use a whiteboard. May sound a little bit childish, but I still enjoy using whiteboards and I find them more fun than just reading a textbook and then trying to test yourself after. This way you can also make sure that you can put everything into words appropriately for exams and not just know it yourself by knowing the concept in your head.
Ponder the repercussions of failure.
Drink some coffee.
Masturbate.
Ponder the repercussions of failure again.
Get some exercise.
Ponder the repercussions of failure some more.
Go and get it!

If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.
Reply 8
Go to McDonalds... always good motivation.

EDIT: LOL at ppl who work at mcdonalds giving me neg :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Procrastination.
June? I have exams in a few days and I still haven't started revising.
Reply 11
I keep my girlfriend under the desk with her head on my lap and that motivates me to finish my revision because when I'm done I can play with her.
Reply 12
Original post by SchadenfreudeDude
June? I have exams in a few days and I still haven't started revising.

woah dude u r so cool like not being bothered about anything and being all chilled and relaxed like yeah so wat i dont care about exams and havent done any revision lol i can c y u r popular sir.
Reply 13
Original post by Grund
I don't do ICT, but for my revision I use a whiteboard. May sound a little bit childish, but I still enjoy using whiteboards and I find them more fun than just reading a textbook and then trying to test yourself after. This way you can also make sure that you can put everything into words appropriately for exams and not just know it yourself by knowing the concept in your head.

This is the best idea ever!
Two years ago i bought a big whiteboard for about a tenner in costco with lots of colourful pens and stuff. So i copy out some notes, then cover the notes and try to remember as much as i can by writing on the whiteboard. Keep doing this and you'll start to remember. Also, its really good for copying out diagrams and flow charts (good for biology) cause you can practice loadsss. And not have to waste so much paper.
Seriously the best tenner i've spent (for revision purposes). :smile:
Original post by Broderss
I keep my girlfriend under the desk with her head on my lap and that motivates me to finish my revision because when I'm done I can play with her.

Hmmm :holmes:

woah dude u r so cool like not being bothered about anything and being all chilled and relaxed like yeah so wat i dont care about exams and havent done any revision lol i can c y u r popular sir.

It would seem, Broderss, that you have found a fellow purveyor of cool stories.

yah man mi degree in jerimee clarkson studeez 4rum Londun Met iz easy. I reckun im just gunna studee a few minutes before da exam lolz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending