The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
Original post by triwka
I haven't heard either and this is an e-mail response I've got from MSC

"We appreciate the timing difficulties however I am not in a position to be able to confirm an outcome for you except to say that it is possible that you are going to be recommended for a post but the final checks are still being made so this is an unconfirmed position at present.

I suspect that we will not be in a position to confirm this with you until Wednesday next week so apologies if you feel this is not helpful to your situation but at this stage I am unable to offer any further advice. "
:frown:

And I need a decision NOW and it's even more painful as it's not a "no" from them :frown:
Aaaarghhh... :s-smilie: Don't know what to do now :frown:

I meant to quote you...
The checks are double checking our scores. Sounds to me like you have an offer but she cannot confirm it until the scores have been recounted.
Reply 2201
Original post by dsmtrst
I meant to quote you...
The checks are double checking our scores. Sounds to me like you have an offer but she cannot confirm it until the scores have been recounted.
Ooh I hope they learn how to count till 80 until Weds! :smile: Fingers crossed, anyway! Now I have another week till I have to make up my mind, lol :rolleyes:
Original post by GraduateSK
Am I missing something - what part of england isn't cold and wet??!! I think you'd regret it if you turned it down..

Yes, as great an opportunity this is for her...she got to do what's right for her...its no use her accepting and then being miserable in that situation and wanting to chuck it in before the 3 yrs is up...BUT...

...On the other hand if I was offered that job, I would take it and sacrifice the 3 years. This may be a taste of what's to come for when the training is over, as in most cases "clinical scientists" must go where the jobs are and that could be anywhere in the UK anyway or risk being without a job or career progression.
(edited 13 years ago)
I appreciate where you're coming from, moving to a place you've got no interest in living in is quite daunting. I applied to Oxford, and having been here for 4 years I wasn't sure if I really want to stay here longer....of course if I get a reserve place for it I'll snap it up! I guess you've just got to mull the pros and cons.

Seeing my friend's celebratory Facebook update on her place and all my friends' congratulations is pretty hard to take, must admit.

Also I'm a he for whoever it was who thought I was a she!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2204
Original post by louisecc

Original post by louisecc
i rang, got put on hold.....then told they were sending it to me now.

i got the job...

....but in HULL!!

i wanted anywhere that wasn't north...anywhere but Hull lol
hmmmmmm

(and the refs and CRB checks will be done after the offer, as its a condition of the offer)

Very well done for getting the job, but it comes with such a dilemma. I don't know about you, but 3 years seems a long time to me, living and working in a place where your heart may not be in it. Although it is a great opportunity, you have to think about your happiness in the long run. Maybe try writing a list of the pro's and con's and look at it objectively... or just go with your heart.
Original post by bestbefore1989
I appreciate where you're coming from, moving to a place you've got no interest in living in is quite daunting. I applied to Oxford, and having been here for 4 years I wasn't sure if I really want to stay here longer....of course if I get a reserve place for it I'll snap it up! I guess you've just got to mull the pros and cons.

Seeing my friend's celebratory Facebook update on her place and all my friends' congratulations is pretty hard to take, must admit.

Also I'm a he for whoever it was who thought I was a she!

Like you said, this must be difficult especially if a friend managed to get a placement. But I'm sure she/he'd be happy for you if roles were reversed. Just be happy for her/him and dust yourself off, get up and be determined to try again. Who knows, all of us who don't get in this will probably be back next year for round 2 and we will be better prepared. Let's not let life knock us down so we don't get up again.

I may be in the same boat as you a few weeks from now, so am not minimising how you feel. These things do happen for a reason and we all have different paths planned for us.

Keep believing that you will get what you deserve.
(edited 13 years ago)
I was wondering, if you applied to a region like London, would the letter say just 'London' or do they choose where you go within the region and state a specific trust on the offer letter?
Original post by QueenAli
Heya! It is a small world after all. Stream 3 at 11.20? Name beginning with H?

I think we all made some mistakes during the interview, just have to see how it all goes. I just want to know the result now, it is so frustrating. Let me know when you hear. If I didn't get the post, I would be happy knowing that you got it instead :smile:

Hey :-) Yep, it does!

Hmm I'm trying not to think about it, have my dissertation and coursework to think/stress about! So all I'm doing is just checking my e-mail and coming on here. Will do! Let me know how you do too.
I was wondering, if you applied to a region like London, would the letter say just 'London' or do they choose where you go within the region and state a specific trust on the offer letter?

I'm assuming it will be specific and state the Trust who'll employ you.
Reply 2209
Well as
bestbefore1989's friend knows she got a place at King's, it would be a specific trust :smile: Which makes sense, as applications were to specific trusts as well.
Original post by triwka
Well as
bestbefore1989's friend knows she got a place at King's, it would be a specific trust :smile: Which makes sense, as applications were to specific trusts as well.

I see what your saying, I did apply to a specific trust BUT that specific trust was acting as a representative for that region. Anyway, it doesn't matter - hopefully a week or so more to wait and we will soon find out.
Reply 2211
I see what your saying, I did apply to a specific trust BUT that specific trust was acting as a representative for that region. Anyway, it doesn't matter - hopefully a week or so more to wait and we will soon find out.

Oh I see (I think it was similar for some positions in Clinical Eng).. I guess either way it would be easy to figure out from the letter. And I assume the trusts representing other hospitals wouldn't have same vacancies anyway?
Reply 2212
Original post by (",)
Hey :-) Yep, it does!

Hmm I'm trying not to think about it, have my dissertation and coursework to think/stress about! So all I'm doing is just checking my e-mail and coming on here. Will do! Let me know how you do too.

Still dissertation and coursework!? When do you exams start? Mine start on Thursday. Good luck!
Still dissertation and coursework!? When do you exams start? Mine start on Thursday. Good luck!

Yep! We start our exams in the first week of June so only a month left! :eek:
Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :smile:

I have an exam on thursday too. It's so hard to concentrate on it cos I keep thinking about this!! :frown: good luck!!!
Reply 2215
I have an exam on thursday too. It's so hard to concentrate on it cos I keep thinking about this!! :frown: good luck!!!
Tell me about it, my exams are Tuesday-Thursday-Friday (and then Monday-Tuesday next week!!)... :s-smilie: And my mind constantly wanders :colondollar:
And browsing TSR doesn't help either :biggrin:
Original post by triwka
Tell me about it, my exams are Tuesday-Thursday-Friday (and then Monday-Tuesday next week!!)... :s-smilie: And my mind constantly wanders :colondollar:
And browsing TSR doesn't help either :biggrin:

It must be worse for you cos you it looks like you might have a place but they wont say!! I bet your having to put a hold on your excitement until you know for sure.. Im certain you will get it.. :smile:
Reply 2217
It must be worse for you cos you it looks like you might have a place but they wont say!! I bet your having to put a hold on your excitement until you know for sure.. Im certain you will get it.. :smile:
I'm not holding my breath and trying not to think too much into what she said.. There could be two people with the same scores or they could've done the maths wrong and who knows what esle could happen.. Need to survive till Weds :redface:
Reply 2218
Hi, i've been following this thread for a while now, as i've applied for nhs clinical scientist training for the past two years, and yet never to have been shortlisted. Its obvious that this year i've not been successful, so was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what kinds of experience they have / grades / qualificatons, that may have given them the edge to be shortlisted for interview. or if anyone knows a link to a thread that has this advice, that would be helpful.
Original post by rpow
Hi, i've been following this thread for a while now, as i've applied for nhs clinical scientist training for the past two years, and yet never to have been shortlisted. Its obvious that this year i've not been successful, so was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what kinds of experience they have / grades / qualificatons, that may have given them the edge to be shortlisted for interview. or if anyone knows a link to a thread that has this advice, that would be helpful.

You asked for a link but there is no better advice on the net other than this very forum. I suggest that you read the posts on this forum from the beginning because many people have already discussed in depth what experience they have and what they think helped them get to the shortlist. I think no one has the answer your looking for cos obviously we are all in the same boat as you. I think when the results come out for this years intake (in a few weeks), people who get a place will be in a better position to give you advice. For now, all I can say is keep trying and best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending