The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMasterKey
Woop woop! I can't believe that

Spoiler

I don't remember saying that. I remember saying that:

Spoiler

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
BBC made a terrible decision moving it to its current timeslot.

Indeed. 7pm was a great time as most people are just starting to settle down for the evening.

Original post by Mess.
I always have to miss Docor Who live :sad:

If it was on at 6:15 I would be able to watch it on my phone on my way home from work :colonhash:

This is my last week of seeing it live. I don't have a TV license at uni. I'll be watching it after most people. Must resist urge to look on here during that time. It'll be fine making the poll for next week I imagine as I can set it up and just click submit at 7.45 and not look at anything said.

I also get the feeling next week is just one of the very few filler episodes we might get this year.

Original post by Aula

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 242

This is my last week of seeing it live. I don't have a TV license at uni. I'll be watching it after most people. Must resist urge to look on here during that time. It'll be fine making the poll for next week I imagine as I can set it up and just click submit at 7.45 and not look at anything said.

If your parents have a tv licence, you can watch it live on a portable device powered solely by it's internal battery - so unplug your laptop and off you go :awesome:

Spoiler

Now there's a possibility :holmes:
Does anyone know how long they take to put it on iplayer? I won't be home till 6.30 and there's no BBC1+1 channel like channel 4 has. :frown:
Original post by emi_sarb
Does anyone know how long they take to put it on iplayer? I won't be home till 6.30 and there's no BBC1+1 channel like channel 4 has. :frown:

Usually it goes on straight after it has finished showing live. Sometimes (Merlin was in November :angry:) it can take a few hours.

Original post by Aula
If your parents have a tv licence, you can watch it live on a portable device powered solely by it's internal battery - so unplug your laptop and off you go :awesome:

Now there's a possibility :holmes:

Sadly my laptop would manage about 20 minutes of life being dying. :frown:

In all seriousness I do reckon

Spoiler

BBC made a terrible decision moving it to its current timeslot.

I agree. Of course I'm happy to see it an hour earlier, but I think it would fare better (ratings wise) in a 7pm slot.
Usually it goes on straight after it has finished showing live. Sometimes (Merlin was in November :angry:) it can take a few hours.

Spoiler

Watch it live either on iplayer or bbc1watch live or tvcatchup.

I'll probably be using one of the above if the tv is in use.
Reply 247

Oh :frown:
You need a new laptop then :awesome:

And this reminds me that I need to make sure my battery is fully charged by 6.

Spoiler

I think he must do. Or

Spoiler

T minus 2 hours:excited:
Reply 249
Original post by sheep_go_baa
T minus 2 hours:excited:

Oh my oh my oh my :excited:

It's going to be a long 2 hours though :frown:
Christopher Eccleston will not return to Doctor Who, ever, apparently.

I've been PMd asking if I know who the girl is. No, no one does yet apart from the writers, and whoever has been at the screenings of very late episodes.

At the end of Episode 2 we'll be able to narrow down who it is. I promise.
anyone know if it goes onto iPlayer in HD?
The only reason people would want him back is for the 50th Anniversary episode or the McGann to Eccleston regeneration. No big loss tbh. :pierre:
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
I've been PMd asking if I know who the girl is. No, no one does yet apart from the writers, and whoever has been at the screenings of very late episodes.

Doubt it. If anything, it raises more questions. And Moffat wouldn't make it as obvious as it seems to be.
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm

Some say even the girl dosn't know she's the girl

Spoiler

Before any newcomer comes in and does this, just friendly reminder: keep major spoilers to PMs. :ninja:
Reply 257

The only reason people would want him back is for the 50th Anniversary episode or the McGann to Eccleston regeneration. No big loss tbh. :pierre:

I'd like him back for a war film. I think he'd be good for that, but alas, I guess it is not to be.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Christopher Eccleston will not return to Doctor Who, ever, apparently.

That's a shame. I rather liked his take on the Doctor.
Original post by TheCrackInTime
That's a shame. I rather liked his take on the Doctor.

I liked him at the time, but now I've experienced Tennant and Smith, he's rather meh :holmes:

Latest