The Student Room Group

Can anything help reduce bruising?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by js374
New boyfriend?

Probably Kate Middleton having a rough night with William...
Original post by Anonymous
Afternoon TSRers.

Does anyone know of anything that really can reduce visible bruising/ swelling? I have a black eye/ nose and am back at work on Wednesday. I wouldn't worry but working in a school it feels very unprofessional and I'd hate for students to notice. I have a few cuts across my face to go with the black eye, so it's pretty noticeable even when the bruising is covered.

I am female so I will hide as much as possible with make up. The redness seems to cover ok but the blue/ black just looks very odd... green almost. So if anything could help I'm willing to try it :rolleyes: I'm hoping that most of it will be gone by then anyway, but just in case I was wondering if there's anything I could try?

Any advice?

LISTEN to what your man tells you, then DO IT!

Best advice I can give you there...:woo::eek3::yep:
The wounding of your face will still be visible when you return to work no matter how you cover it up. Heavy make-up like a thick foundation should take away the green of the bruise but the cuts will be harder to cover. How were you injured? Is it going to be a awkward story to have to repeat?
Reply 23
What happened to you? Get knocked the f**k out?
Reply 24
Original post by missderrie
The wounding of your face will still be visible when you return to work no matter how you cover it up. Heavy make-up like a thick foundation should take away the green of the bruise but the cuts will be harder to cover. How were you injured? Is it going to be a awkward story to have to repeat?

Ugh, you really think? I was hoping there'd just be a few little marks left that would easily be covered.

Nah it wasn't that bad, just silly chav girls out in town. But if anything gets mentioned people will just hear 'been in a fight' and that's not great when you work with kids and such like. I didn't do anything wrong though so not too worried :smile:
Ugh, you really think? I was hoping there'd just be a few little marks left that would easily be covered.

Nah it wasn't that bad, just silly chav girls out in town. But if anything gets mentioned people will just hear 'been in a fight' and that's not great when you work with kids and such like. I didn't do anything wrong though so not too worried :smile:

I fell off my bike a few weeks ago and badly bruised my arm. It looked awful when I wore my uniform (white short-sleeved top) at work. I tried to cake on make up, which did remove the green/blue tinge but people still kept asking me what I had done. It's only just heeled which is why I know it's going to be tough for you on your face! I'm sorry to hear what happened and hope you've gone to the police? At least then you can add the police's involvement to your explanation because no offense, but sadly in this day and age it looks 'suspiscious' if a woman has a black eye *sigh*
Afternoon TSRers.

Does anyone know of anything that really can reduce visible bruising/ swelling? I have a black eye/ nose and am back at work on Wednesday. I wouldn't worry but working in a school it feels very unprofessional and I'd hate for students to notice. I have a few cuts across my face to go with the black eye, so it's pretty noticeable even when the bruising is covered.

I am female so I will hide as much as possible with make up. The redness seems to cover ok but the blue/ black just looks very odd... green almost. So if anything could help I'm willing to try it :rolleyes: I'm hoping that most of it will be gone by then anyway, but just in case I was wondering if there's anything I could try?

Any advice?

Haha, how the hell did you get it? I find ice works the best :redface:
i'm not sure about reducing, but to cover it try a really thick concealer? Benefit's erase paste would probably work well and you could try looking for stage makeup because I'm pretty sure that would cover it too.
Reply 28
Original post by missderrie
I fell off my bike a few weeks ago and badly bruised my arm. It looked awful when I wore my uniform (white short-sleeved top) at work. I tried to cake on make up, which did remove the green/blue tinge but people still kept asking me what I had done. It's only just heeled which is why I know it's going to be tough for you on your face! I'm sorry to hear what happened and hope you've gone to the police? At least then you can add the police's involvement to your explanation because no offense, but sadly in this day and age it looks 'suspiscious' if a woman has a black eye *sigh*

Hmm, not too promising. Hope you're ok now :smile: I didn't go to the police because the bouncers weren't even helpful. When we couldn't give them a good enough description they told us to leave. We had to walk to the walk-in centre after that and were too dazed to worry about the police. I just don't think there's much they could do - I don't have much faith in the system anyway.
Don't disobey your boyfriend next time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending