The Student Room Group

Diet success/failure help

Anyone got any resources/essays/ any pearls of wisdom to share on this topic.

Supposed to write a 9+16 mark essay and I have no clue where to start =/.
do you have an actual exam title?
Reply 2
Original post by thenextmarypoppins
do you have an actual exam title?

Discuss two or more explanations for the success and/or failure of dieting (9+16)
Original post by Shyam`
Discuss two or more explanations for the success and/or failure of dieting (9+16)

if u diet u loose weight yo
ok im not an expert but just from personal experience if i believe that the diet plan will work i tend to have more success. eg, when i started following slimming world, the "rules" were so straight forward and easy to follow and made logical sense that i really believed it would work and that i would be able to stick to it (i did, lost 3st in 6months)
Reply 5
Original post by rugbyladosc
if u diet u loose weight yo

:eek: really?
Reply 6
Original post by thenextmarypoppins
ok im not an expert but just from personal experience if i believe that the diet plan will work i tend to have more success. eg, when i started following slimming world, the "rules" were so straight forward and easy to follow and made logical sense that i really believed it would work and that i would be able to stick to it (i did, lost 3st in 6months)

I ment in terms of psychology like the restraint theory.
Reply 7
bump
Reply 8
Original post by Liv1204
Self-efficacy might come into it - I haven't read the studies but just from a quick look at the titles on Google Scholar it might be worth looking at Schwarzer & Fuchs (1996) and Clark et al. (1991).

And self-regulation will definitely come into it, so if you haven't already try a Scholar search of self-regulation/dieting (e.g. Baumeister, 2004; Herman et al., 2004). Like people tend to eat more when they're not focused on it (e.g. watching TV). Or exerting self-control leads to diminished resources and therefore less self-control with eating etc.

Sorry if it's not very helpful, but just some basic starting points to work off!

yeh it'll do for now.
Reply 9
Original post by Shyam`
Anyone got any resources/essays/ any pearls of wisdom to share on this topic.

Supposed to write a 9+16 mark essay and I have no clue where to start =/.

Do you still need this? i have some resources :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Joseanne16
Do you still need this? i have some resources :smile:

i do, can you send me them please:colondollar::smile:
Reply 11
Original post by holachica!
i do, can you send me them please:colondollar::smile:

Here you go :smile:

Hope it helps!

Quick Reply

Latest